Ok so I did it
    Took back off my 4S

AT&T iPhone 4 back ... No

Verizon iPhone 4 back ... Yes

An of course pics to support my evidence

AT&T iPhone back is in black 4s in white ... Left hand clips don't match ... No go

V 4 in white 4s on left (under the 4 ) white clips line up very top clip is shaped a lil diff but attaches fine .. Yes

The last pic is just the diff between the 4 in white and 4S in white

So looks like Previous statement is confirmed Only Verizon iPhone 4 backs will fit the 4S

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    E_Brown likes this.
    11-02-2011 09:19 PM
    Ok so I did it
    Took back off my 4S

AT&T iPhone 4 back ... No

Verizon iPhone 4 back ... Yes

An of course pics to support my evidence

AT&T iPhone back is in black 4s in white ... Left hand clips don't match ... No go

V 4 in white 4s on left (under the 4 ) white clips line up very top clip is shaped a lil diff but attaches fine .. Yes

The last pic is just the diff between the 4 in white and 4S in white

So looks like Previous statement is confirmed Only Verizon iPhone 4 backs will fit the 4S

Awesome work. Thanks for the info.
    11-02-2011 09:26 PM
    Very cool indeed.. now we can all go out and buy VIP4 back covers for our ATT IP4S... Yipeee!

now the tough choice.. what color(s) to get? Ha!
    11-02-2011 11:11 PM
    So I have an unrelated question.. if you can take off the back cover, why is it that you can't replace the battery as well? It seems that all I've read indicates that you cant' replace the IP4s battery... or at least buy a spare.. seems pulling two screws out to replace your battery isn't that big of a deal?

iPhone 4S Battery - iPhone4Parts.com
    11-02-2011 11:21 PM
    So I have an unrelated question.. if you can take off the back cover, why is it that you can't replace the battery as well? It seems that all I've read indicates that you cant' replace the IP4s battery... or at least buy a spare.. seems pulling two screws out to replace your battery isn't that big of a deal?

You most def can its not the screws that are a pain really its the glue under the battery lol

11-02-2011 11:35 PM
    You most def can its not the screws that are a pain really its the glue under the battery lol

Interesting.. thanks for that tid-bit of information. wonder if they use 'gorilla glue' to go along with their 'gorilla glass'... lol...
    11-02-2011 11:43 PM

You absolutely can change the battery in any of the iPhones -- just that Apple does not officially support that and you likely void your warranty (if you let them know )
    11-02-2011 11:47 PM
    Interesting.. thanks for that tid-bit of information. wonder if they use 'gorilla glue' to go along with their 'gorilla glass'... lol...
    Hahaha I wouldn't be surprised there's been some that I snapped two pry tools trying to get it out ...
    They swear like its gonna go anywhere .. There's no room for it too lol

11-03-2011 01:45 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD