I transferred my contacts via the Verizon app as instructed. On calls I can see a very washed out zoomed in picture of my contacts when they were on my droid. Trying to use a new picture for the contacts now and in the contacts list the new picture shows but not on phone calls. Still shows the old washed out photos. Any ideas? Thank you.
    10-30-2011 10:03 AM
    I transferred my contacts via the Verizon app as instructed. On calls I can see a very washed out zoomed in picture of my contacts when they were on my droid. Trying to use a new picture for the contacts now and in the contacts list the new picture shows but not on phone calls. Still shows the old washed out photos. Any ideas? Thank you.
    is it syncing back from a contact service like icloud?
    10-30-2011 11:55 AM
    Not sure. How do I find out? Thank you.
    10-30-2011 12:02 PM
    Not sure. How do I find out? Thank you.
    go to settings > icloud and see if contact sync is turned on
    10-30-2011 12:55 PM
    Yes, noaim, it is on. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    10-30-2011 10:47 PM
    Yes, noaim, it is on. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    Just to clarify... where are your contacts? If they are on the iPhone and syncing via iCloud (in-other-words native to the iPhone) then you should be getting hi-res contact pics during a phone call. But if you are using Exchange with Google for example you will only get a tiny lo-res pic in the upper right during a call.
    10-31-2011 03:01 PM
    I think your replacing pictures on your phone and icloud is resyncing the old ones back down..
    10-31-2011 03:52 PM
    The contacts are native to the phone. It says my iCloud is on but I haven't "established" an account yet. My email is with hotmail and I have been experiencing some weird events (eg: while using email on computer it will tell me I don't have a certain name/address in my address book and asks if I'd like to add). Do I need to disable this syncing (if that is what is happening) with hotmail? If so, how? Thanks.
    10-31-2011 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD