iPhone 4sAudio/Mic not working on calls

bradleyj

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I am interested in the iPhone 4s (in fact i am on the Rogers waiting list). However, my brother told me to wait because his iPhone 4s has a severe problem.

In 2 out of 3 calls, the person on the other end can't hear him. He called me three times this morning before i could hear anything from his end. Ironically, he had to call back and wait on hold 3 times to try to speak to the Apple Store because they couldn't hear him either. I've looked around the internet and many are reporting the same thing or something similar (i.e. the person on the other end can hear but no audio on the 4s; or no audio/mic for either). The accounts are from carriers and 4s's of all kinds.

Are any of you experiencing anything like this? I want to know how common this is.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, if we look at the number of people with the problem, compared to the over 4 million sold, I don't think it's very common, at all.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

bradleyj

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, if we look at the number of people with the problem, compared to the over 4 million sold, I don't think it's very common, at all.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Obviously it isn't affecting everyone, but there are people on the forums saying that they are on their 3rd iPhone 4s and it still has the same problem.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
this happens with almost every phone released... theres a certain amount that have issues like this.. its always going to happen.. truth is most the phones work just fine..

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine just started doing that today, and I am on my 2nd iPhone4S since launch. I just made an appointment for tomorrow at the Apple Store for yet another problem. This is why I don't usually buy a phone at launch. I am damn close to going back to the iPhone4.

Last edited:

edwardreed037

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
That is very pathetic. i think that was a manufacturing defects. I would like to suggest consult with iPhone dealer that you have bought this phone.

JonB74

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
This is actually quite common with the 4S.

There is a thread on the Apple support forum for this. I can't post it here since I don't have 10 posts yet. but search for "outgoing call no audio"

Some are saying that it is corrected by going to 5.1 beta 3, some are getting the phone replaced. Happens to me if I use bluetooth headsets - crapshoot on whether or not the person will hear me after having BT on.

It's like the phone gets lost on where to send the audio.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73