Pretty much what the subject says... my iPhone 4S will not go into standby when wifi is on. There are no apps running, nothing in the multi-tasking area, I've turned off location services and notifications. If wifi is on it will not go into standby, even if it's not connected to a network. If I turn off wifi, it goes into standby with no problem.

This is obviously having a detrimental impact on my battery life.

It was ok until a couple of days ago, when I noticed my battery draining quickly. I thought I had found a rogue app to be the culprit, but now that turns out not to be the case.

I haven't tried restoring as new yet, because I really don't want to lose my data.

Any other suggestions? Anyone else seeing this? What is it doing when it should be sleeping? Insomnia?
    10-27-2011 11:49 AM
    Try resetting network settings or maybe reload from a backup

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-27-2011 12:00 PM
    In Settings, General, do you have Auto-Lock set to Never?
    10-27-2011 12:54 PM
    I tried resetting network settings, and so far that seems to have done the trick (fingers crossed). Thanks for the suggestion, Peligro911.

Nanci, Auto Lock is set to 5 minutes. I can't set to "never" due to restrictions on my work Exchange account.
    10-27-2011 03:01 PM
    If ou restore from backup chances are your going to bring whatever is wrong right back on the phone I would try restoring as new and see if it fixes the problem
    10-27-2011 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD