4S: 21 to 28 days...

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It has been 3 weeks and counting..... very upsetting. I have been an AT&T customer for years. I have also purchased my cell phones from the same store for the last 15 years. They used to be Cellular One when I got my first one. Oh well....

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

Well, I didn't want to lose my upgrade [business account; long story], so I ordered an iPhone 4S from AT&T today (I did it in the shop).

It should be here in 21 to 28 days. I'll use my iPhone 4 till then.

I don't think I've ever ordered a mobile phone and had to wait almost a month for the delivery of it. This will be interesting...

iPhone 4S
White
16GB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...

Hello!

I remember you way back from the BB forums (PCgirl on CB.com and BBForums, username wasn't available on here and I'm no longer on a PC anyway ;) )! My husband and I recently went all-Apple and replaced our 9700's with the iPhone 4S. Nice to see a familiar face!

Lovin' the iPhone 4S but I have multiple email accounts and am having "customizable EMAIL notification and signatures withdrawal"! :p

You should be getting your new phone soon. My business partner ordered hers (also white 16gb) a week ago through the business account and it has already shipped.

Last edited:

mayerr2

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
my early upgrade date is Nov 25th, all 16gb models were out of stock here in Souhtwest Florida, a couple of days ago the Apple store looked like "iphone launch day" with huge lines, can't wait to get the 4S ( eventhough that means I'll have to get the next phone at full retail price ) but I'm really looking forward to use the camera.

Not sure if you are aware of this or not, but if you are on AT&T there is a new not very known policy that "should" allow you to get your upgrade on day 1 of the month you are eligible. That means you are like me and can order yours for the discount price tomorrow.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Nice, welcome to 'this side' :)

Hello!

I remember you way back from the BB forums (PCgirl on CB.com and BBForums, username wasn't available on here and I'm no longer on a PC anyway ;) )! My husband and I recently went all-Apple and replaced our 9700's with the iPhone 4S. Nice to see a familiar face!

Lovin' the iPhone 4S but I have multiple email accounts and am having "customizable EMAIL notification and signatures withdrawal"! :p

You should be getting your new phone soon. My business partner ordered hers (also white 16gb) a week ago through the business account and it has already shipped.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you are aware of this or not, but if you are on AT&T there is a new not very known policy that "should" allow you to get your upgrade on day 1 of the month you are eligible. That means you are like me and can order yours for the discount price tomorrow.

For me I was told by my AT&T rep that I had to be within a MONTH of my contract date, not w/i the same month.. my contract is up on Dec. 7th so he told me I could order the phone on Nov 7th...w/o paying the hefty price... So.... ONE....MORE....WEEK....AND....COUNTING!!! :eek:

Appleshampoo

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Sporadic shortages are weird with this phone...a co-worker ordered hers last friday, and was told to expect a 14 day wait. Right down the road at the Apple store (not 30min. away from her), people were walking in and getting a phone...

Same. I had a friend walk in and buy one at Verizon last week. Yet the apple store online has a wait. Strange.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It has been 3 weeks and counting..... very upsetting. I have been an AT&T customer for years. I have also purchased my cell phones from the same store for the last 15 years. They used to be Cellular One when I got my first one. Oh well....

After deciding just this weekend that I was using an upgrade to get the 4s because my daughter wanted to use it to get a 8gb io4...yeh right! (She got my 16gb 4) I took a chance and called my local Sam's club and they had just received 10 16gb white 4S's for AT&T. Went after work (5 hours later) and they still had 8! At&t and Best Buy both told me 1 month....

Reactions: zee921

lukewitmer

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Just to jump in on this one, my wife and I each ordered a white and black (respectively) iphone 4s 16GB from an ATT store on October 20. At the time, we were told 21 to 28 days. They haven't shipped yet. Anyone else place a similar order and get it already?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from Apple on 10/20, 12 days ago, and for the last 5 days it has just been in Preparing for Shipment stage. I mean really? 5 days to prepare an iphone for shipment?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
My business partner stepped out of the office for 20 minutes today and of course that's when FedEx came by with her phone. They didn't leave it with the management office (they sign for all our packages, regardless of value or size) like they usually do.

Booooo FedEx.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just to jump in on this one, my wife and I each ordered a white and black (respectively) iphone 4s 16GB from an ATT store on October 20. At the time, we were told 21 to 28 days. They haven't shipped yet. Anyone else place a similar order and get it already?

My partner ordered hers a little over a week ago and would have gotten it today but she had stepped out of the office. She'll have it tomorrow.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
LVMHgirl, clearly no lunch is allowed in your office ;)

I'm still waiting for them to even 'process' my order. I bet it gets here AFTER my BlackBerry 9900 from AT&T, and that would be bloody weird...

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
LVMHgirl, clearly no lunch is allowed in your office ;)

LOL!

I'm still waiting for them to even 'process' my order. I bet it gets here AFTER my BlackBerry 9900 from AT&T, and that would be bloody weird...

Yours should ship any day now. She ordered the exact same one you did, also through a business account. But it would definitely be weird if the 9900 got there first! :rolleyes:

While I do love my new iPhone 4S, I must say that I *almost* got the 9900 so I could stay with BB and it's custom EMAIL goodies as well as my unlimited T-Mobile plan. :p I just wouldn't have synched it with my macbook (it only does 2-way sync with the macbook overriding the device info) and then would only do backups to protect the address book and data since I don't access my address book through my macbook anyway. It's truly a great device.

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
For those that don't want to wait 2-3 weeks for shipment of their 4S, the Apple "Reserve the night before, pick up in store the next day" program worked great for me today.

Last night at precisely 9:00 I went to Apple.com and reserved a Black AT&T 32GB 4S at the Apple store at the Perimeter Mall in Atlanta. If you try to reserve one even one minute before 9:00PM you will get a "none available" message. But, at the stroke of 9:00 suddenly you'll see the phones they have available.

I reserved mine and got to the store at about 11:30 AM today. They had a small queue line setup outside the store (maybe 10 people) and they would take people in to get their reserved phone a few at a time.

I waited about 20 minutes, then it was my turn. Went in, got my phone, paid for it, got it activated, and walked out about 10 minutes later. Pretty painless all in all. Definitely better than ordering online and waiting a few weeks for it to be shipped.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2