4S: 21 to 28 days...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Well, I didn't want to lose my upgrade [business account; long story], so I ordered an iPhone 4S from AT&T today (I did it in the shop).

It should be here in 21 to 28 days. I'll use my iPhone 4 till then.

I don't think I've ever ordered a mobile phone and had to wait almost a month for the delivery of it. This will be interesting...

iPhone 4S
White
16GB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
".... 28 days later"

28-days-later-original.jpg

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It is a bit insane that AT&T can't get stock faster. Apple can get it within a week or two at most. Not sure that AT&T needs another 2 weeks on top of apple to get a phone to its customer.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I was just at the Apple store yesterday. They said they still have plenty. There were people still lined up outside the store to buy them! Craziness.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I probably would've had to go through that with Sprint if I hadn't gotten mine from the Apple store. So if you didn't use your upgrade, then you paid full price for a 4S (and you already have an iPhone 4)?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sporadic shortages are weird with this phone...a co-worker ordered hers last friday, and was told to expect a 14 day wait. Right down the road at the Apple store (not 30min. away from her), people were walking in and getting a phone...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I think if I was getting the 64GB, I'd get one much quicker. But, I'm simply not rolling like that ;)
Alternatively if I didn't have the type of business account that we have with AT&T, I probably would have gone to Apple...

Oh well, I'm in no rush [This time], and I have my iPhone 4, with iOS5 on it, to keep me busy.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think if I was getting the 64GB, I'd get one much quicker. But, I'm simply not rolling like that ;)
Alternatively if I didn't have the type of business account that we have with AT&T, I probably would have gone to Apple...

Oh well, I'm in no rush [This time], and I have my iPhone 4, with iOS5 on it, to keep me busy.

Apple cant do upgrades on a business account?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
They can, but AT&T had to have a manager add a code to my account to allow my upgrade.
I ported from AT&T to Verizon for about three days. When I returned to AT&T, because it was a business account, when they add your number and device back to the network, they restart your contract to two years...

So, when you want to get a new device, a manager has to edit your account at the AT&T shop. But, this doesn't happen on normal accounts only business accounts. I was MAD!

At least the AT&T manager took care of it.

Apple cant do upgrades on a business account?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
They can, but AT&T had to have a manager add a code to my account to allow my upgrade.
I ported from AT&T to Verizon for about three days. When I returned to AT&T, because it was a business account, when they add your number and device back to the network, they restart your contract to two years...

So, when you want to get a new device, a manager has to edit your account at the AT&T shop. But, this doesn't happen on normal accounts only business accounts. I was MAD!

At least the AT&T manager took care of it.

just stick to one phone and one carrier :p ;) :D

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
LOL - that would help, wouldn't it?

I'm trying to stay on the straight and narrow now.

Now I'm trying to get iCloud working correctly, i.e. deliver email PUSH...

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
my early upgrade date is Nov 25th, all 16gb models were out of stock here in Souhtwest Florida, a couple of days ago the Apple store looked like "iphone launch day" with huge lines, can't wait to get the 4S ( eventhough that means I'll have to get the next phone at full retail price ) but I'm really looking forward to use the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2