Hi all,

I am having weird battery issues and I see some of you have corrected them by reloading/restoring the OS?

First of all, I am completely new to iPhone (coming from BlackBerry) so I am completely unsure where to start. How would I go about doing this process? Where do I download the OS? Where do I backup my apps and contacts so I can load everything back on the phone?

I am losing weird amounts of battery life when I use the phone. First, I just had a 10 minute text convo and that used 6-7% of my battery. Then I used the camera to take a 2 pictures and I lost 5%. Every time I play Words with Friends I lost a percentage every turn or two.

Can somebody please help me? The phone in standby gets good battery, barely moving from 100%. But as soon as I use the phone the battery life gets sucked away. I am hoping I don't have a lemon. I also changed and tweaked a bunch of settings as suggested by others. I am also having that weird issue where I wake up from a night and my phone is only at 92-93%, but I charge the phone back in and it will go back up to 100%. This doesn't happen every time.

Please any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    10-26-2011 03:39 PM
    Hi all,

I am having weird battery issues and I see some of you have corrected them by reloading/restoring the OS?

First of all, I am completely new to iPhone (coming from BlackBerry) so I am completely unsure where to start. How would I go about doing this process? Where do I download the OS? Where do I backup my apps and contacts so I can load everything back on the phone?

I am losing weird amounts of battery life when I use the phone. First, I just had a 10 minute text convo and that used 6-7% of my battery. Then I used the camera to take a 2 pictures and I lost 5%. Every time I play Words with Friends I lost a percentage every turn or two.

Can somebody please help me? The phone in standby gets good battery, barely moving from 100%. But as soon as I use the phone the battery life gets sucked away. I am hoping I don't have a lemon. I also changed and tweaked a bunch of settings as suggested by others. I am also having that weird issue where I wake up from a night and my phone is only at 92-93%, but I charge the phone back in and it will go back up to 100%. This doesn't happen every time.

Please any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    everything is done through itunes.. you should be syncing with itunes to backup your applcations and music and such restoring is also done with itunes..

itunes acts very much like blackberry desktop manager when you plug your phone into itunes your phone appears in the left side highlght it and all your options appear on the right side in tabs
    10-26-2011 03:42 PM
    yep, just connect the phone, then in itunes, select the phone and click the restore button
    10-26-2011 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD