Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
91de8a7a34f3ec7f4bf668149e212d52.jpg

dd37a25d28bb55ebd5c5bc3d8efba3c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

smithaaa

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
For making the unique home screen, DIY iPad home screen will makes iPad more personalized. One free way is that using the picture in the iPad. The other way is downloading some apps which can manage the home screen on iPad.

Someone7272

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Don't act like you don't miss this:

20160105_000733000_iOS.jpg

Proudly still rocking iOS 6.1.3!
Seriously still in love with this iOS, performance and beauty with less bugs and freezes. Shame about the lack of apps though. I kept this mostly factory to respect the heritage.

Yes there is still that SSL certificate verification security flaw, however I sidestep this on Wi-Fi by using an in-house proxy server which performs SSL decryption on behalf of my iPhone essentially rendering this security flaw useless because the proxy server would discover that SSL certificate is forged, and abort the connection, before the iPhone even receives any of the data.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't act like you don't miss this:

View attachment 100462

Proudly still rocking iOS 6.1.3!
Seriously still in love with this iOS, performance and beauty with less bugs and freezes. Shame about the lack of apps though. I kept this mostly factory to respect the heritage.

Yes there is still that SSL certificate verification security flaw, however I sidestep this on Wi-Fi by using an in-house proxy server which performs SSL decryption on behalf of my iPhone essentially rendering this security flaw useless because the proxy server would discover that SSL certificate is forged, and abort the connection, before the iPhone even receives any of the data.

I still like the look of iOS 6 better than 7 and up. I prefer shadows and textures. I like many of the new features though.

Someone7272

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I still like the look of iOS 6 better than 7 and up. I prefer shadows and textures. I like many of the new features though.
I've hated the look, theme and performance of iOS 7 and newer on the iPhone 4S and older devices. I could understand iOS 7+ on the 5C, but not on the iPhone 5 or older.

To be honest, I never really cared for the new features because most of the new features in iOS 7+ were not available for iPhone 4S, they were only for newer devices.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've hated the look, theme and performance of iOS 7 and newer on the iPhone 4S and older devices. I could understand iOS 7+ on the 5C, but not on the iPhone 5 or older.

To be honest, I never really cared for the new features because most of the new features in iOS 7+ were not available for iPhone 4S, they were only for newer devices.

I understand. But I still like many of the newer features. IOS 9.2 runs smooth as silk. 7 and 8 were problematic. The extra gig of RAM helped. But I do long for the iOS 6 look.

Someone7272

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I understand. But I still like many of the newer features. IOS 9.2 runs smooth as silk. 7 and 8 were problematic. The extra gig of RAM helped. But I do long for the iOS 6 look.
The iPhone 4S only has 512MB of RAM is believe. However under iOS 6, it doesn't do multitasking, so I have never had any performance issues relating to runninng multiple Apps.

I just wish there was a way to prevent the auto-download of iOS 8 over 3G. I've blocked it on Wi-Fi with our web filter, but it seems to be downloading it over 3G in the background when it's on charge.
Every few weeks I have to restore a backup to remove the downloaded iOS, and to remove the annoying (1) badge on settings, but other than that it still works brilliantly in 2016.

Someone7272

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I really love how iOS 6 looks. I hope Apple allows users to downgrade.
No chance. Unfortunately "to reduce fragmentation", Apple enforces the latest iOS that the target device supports. You'd be better off hoping that they bring back "Scott Forstall" who pioneered the iOS 1.0 - 6.1.3 theme, even that's a very slim chance.

I liked iOS 6 because this looked unique. You could look at it and tell it was an iPhone. But then along came iOS 7 and newer, and now it just looks like any phone. It lost it's unique look and feel. I didn't like it, and as a result, I'm still running iOS 6 and won't be updating my iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I liked iOS 6 because this looked unique. You could look at it and tell it was an iPhone. But then along came iOS 7 and newer, and now it just looks like any phone. It lost it's unique look and feel. I didn't like it, and as a result, I'm still running iOS 6 and won't be updating my iPhone.

So many people begged Apple to update the look of iOS and complained how outdated it looked and that it was falling behind in comparison to the look of operating systems from its competitors. Well, Apple listened and made the change, and now the iOS version that was considered old and outdated, you are calling "unique". I wonder how many of the people who complained before iOS 7 dropped now view iOS 6 as unique like you do. By the way, I agree that iOS 6 was unique.

Someone7272

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
So many people begged Apple to update the look of iOS and complained how outdated it looked and that it was falling behind in comparison to the look of operating systems from its competitors. Well, Apple listened and made the change, and now the iOS version that was considered old and outdated, you are calling "unique". I wonder how many of the people who complained before iOS 7 dropped now view iOS 6 as unique like you do. By the way, I agree that iOS 6 was unique.
No matter what you do, there is going to be split opinions. Yes, there's people who do love iOS 7+ and I do respect that. Yes iOS 6 and below does look dated. However I still like it. I must be crazy.

Would it really have killed Apple to give users a choice for once? They seem to be pretty poor at this, but giving users a choice between a new iOS 7 theme and the classic theme would have taken care of both sides.

But please, let me re-iterate that the theme of iOS 7+ is not the sole reason I am refusing to update. The main reasons is due to the fact that iOS 7 runs terribly on an iPhone 4, and iOS 9 runs terribly on an iPhone 4S. Furthermore I found iOS 7 to be extremely buggy on the iPhone 4 and a lot of new features provided by newer versions of iOS are not supported on older devices anyway.

I hope all can see my side of the argument.

Ravanelli

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I keep my iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3 and will never upgrade it as long as is work just fine.
For multitasking and extra features I bought iPhone 6S :)

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1453896700.186382.jpg

I wish Apple give us "new" feature called "themes" so we can choose between new theme or classic theme. It's a win-win solution

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73