Show us your iPhone 4S home screen!

Bizarre

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
photo.png

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow...some of y'all have some very messy screens. I mean it's your deal of course, but I'd go crazy. Yeah, I'm OCD like that.

I just don't see the purpose of having a blank screen only to swipe over once to get to them. I understand being minimalistic or showing off your wallpaper, but no. I use a wallpaper that fits for the apps I use.

ilovebarolo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Here's mine. Thanks for the excellent wallpaper, btw! These are apps I use most (except phone, which I despise, but I can't see taking it off the dock.)

Last edited:

mckay25

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Pre. I'm missing a couple of WebOs features like being able to hide the launcher. I also had an app called Switcheroo that would randomly change my wallpaper . Any idea how to create a similar thing here?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Pre. I'm missing a couple of WebOs features like being able to hide the launcher. I also had an app called Switcheroo that would randomly change my wallpaper . Any idea how to create a similar thing here?

Jailbreak most likely.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried to put both of my wallpapers up, but the dark one only uploaded. I have the lighter wallpaper as well, but I took a screen shot from my GF's iPad. It is on Safari, when you open up a new tab and it is loading, I had to be quick. Here is the dark one though.

Reactions: Click and shafnitz

jnmfox

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Same. I miss being able to swipe away notifications, it is not very user friendly to have to hit a tiny x then clear in the notification center. Also, having the front "home button" blink when I received new notifications was nice in webOS.

They really need to add a way to switch directly between apps on the iPhone, like the 4 finger swipe on the iPad. Maybe a full screen side swipe or something.

drevans18

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's mine. As you can probably tell, and I'm sure I'm not that different from many on this site, I am an app junkie, and I can also be kinda anal about organization -- so as much as I love comparing other people's home screens, it irks me that people would sacrifice two spots on their home screen for the default weather app and the Weather Channel app; or why, if space is tight, someone would have both the Contacts app and the Phone app, when the Contacts app is already embedded in the Phone app. But to each their own and it's certainly interesting to compare notes.

My second screen is mostly reference (News, News Radio, Government-related apps, Science, Law, Religions, Languages, and Comics). Page 3 is for Location-related apps, Shopping, Events, Health, Travel. Page 4 is Audio, Video, and Sports apps. Pages 5 and 6 are games.

Pretty surprised no one else (yet?) has Instapaper on their home screen -- of the 900+ apps I have (of which about 530 are on my iPhone), it's easily one of the very best, hands down (and on the very shortest of lists in terms of the quality and committment of the developer).

The wallpaper is a shot I took at Maracas Bay, Trinidad, West Indies.

I think you have too many apps.

ilovebarolo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I have Instapaper, but I may have posted my pic after the poster expressed surprise at not seeing Instapaper on a home screen yet.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2