HELP: Need advice on moving data from iPhone 3Gs to new iPhone 4s

hassiman

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just got a new iPhone 4s... great phone... but I would like to bring all my NOTES and calander data over from my 3Gs.

I was figuring that the best way to do that would be to make a backup of my 3Gs and then restore that backup to my new iPhone 4s.

Is this the best way to do it?

My iPhone 3Gs is running IOS 4.3.5... is it necessary to upgrade it to IOS 5 before making the backup and restoring it to my iPhone 4s?
:confused:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
do you sync your calendar and notes with your computer if so you can just sync the data with your new phone that would be better then restoring a backup imo

hassiman

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Switching data from 3Gs to 4s

I do not thing that syncing will pull calander data and notes actross. Only backup restore... and well as salvaging the data contained on several of the DB Apps on my 3Gs.:eek:

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I do not thing that syncing will pull calander data and notes actross. Only backup restore... and well as salvaging the data contained on several of the DB Apps on my 3Gs.:eek:

Your iTunes backup of your 3GS that is created when you plug in your 3GS to your PC and sync/backup in iTunes does contain your calendar, notes and app data, and all of that is recreated when you restore. If you use Google and sync via Exchange than you can recreate your calendar and notes data that way... but that has nothing to do with app data.

Plu your 3GS in to iTunes and do a sync/backup (it doesn't matter if you have already activated the 4S and the 3GS no longer has your carrier active... it still will work). Then plug your new 4S in and at some point it will ask if you want to set up as new or restore from backup ... it will show you a drop-down list of backup files available. Pick the one you just completed and then wait for it to finish. If all goes well your 4S will then have everything your 3GS had and you are off and running... good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro