iphone 4 upgrade to 4s = a new 4s?

defyodds

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I just bought an iphone 4 through verizon because they told me I could upgrade to 4s and it would be the same phone. I've read about some of the changes between the two and I'm not sure how that would be possible. I've also noticed that I don't have Siri. Did they have misinformation? I'm also confused because it cost $150 (it is a 16gb) but none of the iphones are listed for that much. I'm thinking the iphone 4 is a completely different phone and I got it at a discount since they are no longer selling it with 16gb.
I just bought it yesterday, so I believe I can exchange it if I need to, but did they lie?

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
it is NOT the same phone.... they are misinformed.
the 4s is a fair upgrade in hardware as well as includes Siri.

Apple - iPhone - Compare

you need to go back to VZ (to the person who told you this) and get the 4s...
also.. the 4s is only 199 (16gb) ($50 more is worth it)

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Definitely go back to Verizon. The 4s has a better camera than the 4 does and it also has a faster processor and better antenna than the 4. They look the same on then outside but the insides of both phones are completely different.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Whoa... Someone fed you a bucket of used oats. First, the iPhone 4 should have been only $100. Next, iPhone 4s' with 16 gb is a bit on the scarce side. It should be about 3-5 weeks before they're available at the stores again. However, they should have plenty of 32 & 64 gb phones. As for the upgarde later part, that would be about 20 months unless you do it now. Finally, as stated, they are not the same phone by any means. Verizon usually allows you a period of time to swap (it's either a week or a month), so that shouldn't be a problem. Good Luck...

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Whoa... Someone fed you a bucket of used oats. First, the iPhone 4 should have been only $100. Next, iPhone 4s' with 16 gb is a bit on the scarce side. It should be about 3-5 weeks before they're available at the stores again. However, they should have plenty of 32 & 64 gb phones. As for the upgarde later part, that would be about 20 months unless you do it now. Finally, as stated, they are not the same phone by any means. Verizon usually allows you a period of time to swap (it's either a week or a month), so that shouldn't be a problem. Good Luck...

the 8gb iP4 is $100, the 16gb is 150.

and call around to a few local vz stores if they dont have any in the store you went to... find someplace thats less popular. (not the mall, etc)

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
take it back to the person you bought it from and swap it for the 4S, and DO NOT let them make you pay the $35 restocking fee for swapping to a "different" phone...if the guy fed you a load of crap that's his fault not yours. Then again, I gotta say I'm surprised anyone would believe that load of crap. lol, good luck either way!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes spend the extra $50, and get the 4S, don't settle for the 4. Somone lied to you thinking you wouldn't know the difference, just to make a sale. They probably didn't have any 4S's, and wanted to make a quick sale, so they told you that. Also if you confront them on this, I'm sure they will say it was an misunderstanding. Good Luck! If you go in, and act nice about it, I'm sure they will help you.

tinkerpsu

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon store also told me the same lie before the 4s came out. I preordered the 4s.

Also, I was at Best Buy Mobile the other day and they had a lot of Verizon 16g. This was also in a busy mall.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon store also told me the same lie before the 4s came out. I preordered the 4s.

Also, I was at Best Buy Mobile the other day and they had a lot of Verizon 16g. This was also in a busy mall.

Its def. hit or miss right now when you go into a store to get the 4S. I've seen some Best Buy Mobile's have some, some not. Most Verizon's I have gone to only have the 64GB. I usually have good luck going directly to Apple.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Go back and exchange it for the 4S, it's only 50 dollara more, they might be out of 16gb 4S but it's worth the wait..

Solen

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If you previously had any iPhone from the 3GS model or older, it's practically a no-brainer to get the 4S now instead of the older iPhone 4, as it is the newest, and actually has some excellent improvements within, like a dual core processor, the improved antenna design, the sweet new 8megapixel camera with better optics(instead of 5megapixel), and Siri assistant. The Verizon people gave you horrible information, and you should definitely exchange it, if you can find one. Other option may be to return it, go back to using previous phone, make sure with Verizon that you will still get your FULL upgrade option, and then order the 4S online and wait for it patiently at home, instead of having to go looking for one all over the place...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like they told you that because they look the same on the outside and function almost the same with ios5 .. But should have def told you the differences .. They prob 1 had no 4S and 2 had no 4 8 gigs for 100.

Currently I think u can get the iPhone 4 8 gig for 99 the 16 for 150 and 32 for 199

Or 4s 16 for 199 and 32 299 and 64 for 399

Personally go play with a 4S see if u want to pay 50 more for it ( def worth for the hardware alone ) but maybe 50 more for 32 gig iPhone 4 or save 50 and get the 8 gig if you don't have alot of music etc.

It's up to you but I would def inform someone that they are in deed 2 different phones

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2