siri says i hav no new messages why?

danasty13

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
wen i ask her to read me my messages she says i dont have any new ones but wen i open up my messages its there why does she do that? can it b fixed is this happening to anyone els

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well Siri is just like every other personal assistant... It's Siri's time of the month and she's taking it out on you by giving you attitude. Lmaoo jk but yeah I haven't encountered that problem at all... Sorry!

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I had launched Siri and asked her to read my texts. Then I hit the home button before letting it read the text, launched Siri again. It now says I have no messages. This happened by accident the first time, but tested it again. Looks like it is marking all messages as read right away.

danasty13

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I had launched Siri and asked her to read my texts. Then I hit the home button before letting it read the text, launched Siri again. It now says I have no messages. This happened by accident the first time, but tested it again. Looks like it is marking all messages as read right away.

ok but after u did that did it work again?

danasty13

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

ok but after u did that did it work

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it works fine.. I just noticed when I accidentally hit the home button after asking it to read me my messages. It wouldn't read them that time and I had to open the messages app.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
try having Siri read your messages when they have the emoji icons in them.. its very funny.

"Exasperated face"
"Dung"

etc... lol

Elchavodel8

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Siri Says You have No New Text Messages?

Why does Siri tell me I have No new Text messages. I receive a New text message i don't open it or read it, I ask Siri to read new text messages and she tells me you have no new text messages. I reofrmat the phone and it keeps doing this. I reformat the phone and donot restore it from backup but i do creat a new profile and it starts working. Bet later its stops working again. Its only doing it for Text messages because e-mails it just shows me my new messages. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I found that enabling preview for text messages will allow Siri to read the text messages. I don't like it because now, with the preview on, anyone can read your text messages.

Settings --> Notifications --> Messages --> Show Preview set to "ON."

Then you just have to hold down the home button to activate Siri and then tell her to read you the text message and she does.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice