Siri driving me nuts - keeps setting up reminders instead of calendar events

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
I keep trying to use Siri to add things to my calendar, but she keeps adding reminders instead. If there was a way to get reminders to show up on the calendar, that would be fine, but there's no way to do that.

Lets say I want siri to add a reminder to my calendar that I need to pick up milk tomorrow. I want it on my calendar because that's what I check throughout the day. If it's in the reminder app, I won't see it. Anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks!
Pinny

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I keep trying to use Siri to add things to my calendar, but she keeps adding reminders instead. If there was a way to get reminders to show up on the calendar, that would be fine, but there's no way to do that.

Lets say I want siri to add a reminder to my calendar that I need to pick up milk tomorrow. I want it on my calendar because that's what I check throughout the day. If it's in the reminder app, I won't see it. Anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks!
Pinny

try saying add an event to my calendar dont use the word reminder...?

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys, that works. I can say, "New event. Tomorrow morning. 9am. Pick up milk."

"Schedule a new reminder" works as well. The word "schedule" alerts her that it should go on my calendar. I particularly prefer this syntax because in my mind, I'm creating a reminder.

I think part of my problem is that I'm trying to talk too conversationally with Siri. She seems to do a lot better with curt commands.

Last edited:

jgurnett#CB

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, that works. I can say, "New event. Tomorrow morning. 9am. Pick up milk."

"Schedule a new reminder" works as well. The word "schedule" alerts her that it should go on my calendar. I particularly prefer this syntax because in my mind, I'm creating a reminder.

I think part of my problem is that I'm trying to talk too conversationally with Siri. She seems to do a lot better with curt commands.

Yeah, you gotta show that woman who's boss...I got frustrated w/ her yesterday and told her she was retarded...she said "I'm just trying to help you"

Love yelling at her at times when I'm mad...makes me laugh at some of her responses. Try it out!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR