So i lost my iphone 4s

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
What did he did with the phone>? And for some reason I dont believe this. Dont sound right. IF you lose your phone there, how do 6 flags know a worker took it unless he was using it or showing people it at work but even then how do they know it was his phone or not. Come on, tell the truth dude. Story is fishy

Find. My. iPhone.

I have to assume people that steal iPhones, don't know about it.

biggiehead

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
What did he did with the phone>? And for some reason I dont believe this. Dont sound right. IF you lose your phone there, how do 6 flags know a worker took it unless he was using it or showing people it at work but even then how do they know it was his phone or not. Come on, tell the truth dude. Story is fishy

It's simple i tracked down the phone to the guys address using the find my iphone app provided pictures of the phones location and all sixflags had to do was use that address to look up the information plus they confronted him and the guy admitted to taking the phone and like one of the other members mentioned earlier why would I drag out a lie for this long especially if I have no personal gain in writing this out

biggiehead

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
One thing I still want to know but don't have the answer to is the condition of the phone i was told that the phone was later tossed in the trash by the guy who stole it but I wonder why... was it because the screen was broken or he couldn't unlock the phone. I personally feel that he couldn't figure out how to unlock it simply because if the screen was cracked there would've been no reason for him to take it with him... who knows but at this point it's irrelevant I guess.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Find. My. iPhone.

I have to assume people that steal iPhones, don't know about it.
People do, someone actually reached into my purse and stole mine. My brothers was stolen from next to him on his table at dinner one night. My friend K. had someone walk by and steal hers also from the table. It is surprisingly common. And theyoften either wipe and keep them for themselves or wipe and sell them.

One thing I still want to know but don't have the answer to is the condition of the phone i was told that the phone was later tossed in the trash by the guy who stole it but I wonder why... was it because the screen was broken or he couldn't unlock the phone. I personally feel that he couldn't figure out how to unlock it simply because if the screen was cracked there would've been no reason for him to take it with him... who knows but at this point it's irrelevant I guess.

Just so long as you have your money or new phone now. I would not be willing to wait too much longer. I am pretty sure the person that stole mine just wiped it and sold it.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
People do, someone actually reached into my purse and stole mine. My brothers was stolen from next to him on his table at dinner one night. My friend K. had someone walk by and steal hers also from the table. It is surprisingly common. And theyoften either wipe and keep them for themselves or wipe and sell them.

Just so long as you have your money or new phone now. I would not be willing to wait too much longer. I am pretty sure the person that stole mine just wiped it and sold it.

Wow! I always put my phone on the table when I'm out to eat! Maybe I'll stop doing that. Can't believe someone would have the balls to grab it right from the table!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I always put my phone on the table when I'm out to eat! Maybe I'll stop doing that. Can't believe someone would have the balls to grab it right from the table!

Yea I think he was shocked too. Someone was DEFINITELY watching them because when his friend turned his head to talk to someone that's when they think the guy grabbed it.

bwood021174

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
technically, is this phone lost? or is it stolen? If the police get involved, how would it play out? Do they follow the whole "finders keepers, losers weepers" method? I think the guy that found and kept the phone shouldn't be viewed as stealing it but rather just the scum bag a hole with no morals that didn't turn it in when he "found" it.

It also may depend on the employee's job contract. My nephew worked as a manager at a large car rental agency. If an employee found an item worth over a certain amount and did not turn it in and was caught, it was in their contract that it was theft and they were terminated immediately. Might not have any credence with law enforcement, but just saying.

Best of luck with it, hope it turns out OK.

PS - hope it does not take you as long as some of us to get a 4s.... I finally was ready to order or pick up (had to wait on a deposit to clear) and now, none of our VZ stores locally have any (they got 25 last week and those were gone in like 45 minutes) and not even expecting any but will take order. No other electronic store or kiosk has any, as far out as 90 miles to Dallas, nowhere. And online, someone said while it's saying "Will ship on 11-11", that is "estimated ship date". So it could be months.

CPUGEEK

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
It's simple i tracked down the phone to the guys address using the find my iphone app provided pictures of the phones location and all sixflags had to do was use that address to look up the information plus they confronted him and the guy admitted to taking the phone and like one of the other members mentioned earlier why would I drag out a lie for this long especially if I have no personal gain in writing this out

how do you find the address? Find my phone does not give you the address

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't give you address as in house # BUT OMG what a perfect picture on the map real view!!! My husband was at our store and thought he lost his iphone. I found it using the find my iphone app and wow. It was clear as day that it was right at the store. He had actually just left it in the car. It's pretty darn accurate.

biggiehead

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

That's where google maps comes in I used the street view feature on google maps and just matched up the satellite view with the house and I could read both the number on the house and the number on the curve And as another person mentioned the app is extremely accurate

gitit20

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I believe you Ignore the noob haters a lot on this site i see anyways i had my phone stolen once i used find my iphone and it took me right to his house I called the police and told them some one stole my iphone and i am going to the address to get it back they advised against it but i told them one of us will be needing an ambulance so they better meet me there they pulled up about the same time i did and showed them the tracking info they knocked on the door a guy answered cops said we have tracked a stolen iphone to this location and he could either give it back or they would get a warrant he decided to deny it all so they got the warrant only took about an hour they found about a dozen iphones that where stolen along with ipads and notebooks he is going away for years haha

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
So my iphone situation has been resolved :D I was talking with one of the managers from sixflags and I provided the evidence that I had and a few days later I received a call that my phone was not recovered :( but the person who took it was caught and so now sixflags is replacing my phone and hooking me up with a free season pass! As for the guy who stole it he's fired and has a 2 week period to come up with the money and pay back sixflags or he faces jail time. So overall I'm happy with the conclusion and I can't complain now I'm just exited to know that I'm getting my iphone soon :D

Wow, that's your story has a happy ending for you. You are getting another iphone as well as a seasons pass.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe you Ignore the noob haters a lot on this site i see anyways i had my phone stolen once i used find my iphone and it took me right to his house I called the police and told them some one stole my iphone and i am going to the address to get it back they advised against it but i told them one of us will be needing an ambulance so they better meet me there they pulled up about the same time i did and showed them the tracking info they knocked on the door a guy answered cops said we have tracked a stolen iphone to this location and he could either give it back or they would get a warrant he decided to deny it all so they got the warrant only took about an hour they found about a dozen iphones that where stolen along with ipads and notebooks he is going away for years haha

holy punctuation batman... Wow!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW