Pirated/Stolen Apps

Philbaines

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I think apple should open it up to everyone for a fee-I certainly would pay to have Siri on my phone.

If apple want to stop jail breaking they need to provide what jailbreaking already does.
If you cannot beat em-join em!

I certainly would pay for apps like "lockinfo" ect.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
robes1, you need to chill out and get down from your moral high horse! All the outrage??!!
How do you know that they didn't buy an iphone 4s, uninstall Siri, and then install it to the iphone 4?

Jailbreaking allows you to install whatever software you want, not just what Apple (big brother) approves. So essentially, Windows is "jailbroken" too, because I can install whatever software I want, including stolen/pirated software.
Imagine if Microsoft decided to lock down Windows so that you could only install software that they approve and they sold to you. Software pirating has always existed and will always exist. Jailbreaking has nothing to do with it.

I got an idea, if you really want to put an end to pirating, let's make a law against all computers, and cell phones. That way, there won't be any software to pirate.

Relax about Siri, I think Apple is big enough to know how to deal with the server loads once the novelty wears off after a few months. Then Iphone 5 will come out, and guess what, it will have Siri too, and so will every iphone, so eventually the server loads will go way up.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I think apple should open it up to everyone for a fee-I certainly would pay to have Siri on my phone.

If apple want to stop jail breaking they need to provide what jailbreaking already does.
If you cannot beat em-join em!

I certainly would pay for apps like "lockinfo" ect.

I agree. I stated before in this thread that it would be a good idea for Apple to allow others to purchase Siri as an app. I also don't think that jailbreaking should be stopped. You can purchase legitimate apps from legitimate developers on Cydia. There are some excellent tweaks that you can add to your iPhone there that are totally free as well. I love Cydia an the jailbreak community. Just not the dark side. And neither did Luke! LOL!

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
robes1, you need to chill out and get down from your moral high horse! All the outrage??!!
How do you know that they didn't buy an iphone 4s, uninstall Siri, and then install it to the iphone 4?

Jailbreaking allows you to install whatever software you want, not just what Apple (big brother) approves. So essentially, Windows is "jailbroken" too, because I can install whatever software I want, including stolen/pirated software.
Imagine if Microsoft decided to lock down Windows so that you could only install software that they approve and they sold to you. Software pirating has always existed and will always exist. Jailbreaking has nothing to do with it.

I got an idea, if you really want to put an end to pirating, let's make a law against all computers, and cell phones. That way, there won't be any software to pirate.

Relax about Siri, I think Apple is big enough to know how to deal with the server loads once the novelty wears off after a few months. Then Iphone 5 will come out, and guess what, it will have Siri too, and so will every iphone, so eventually the server loads will go way up.

You obviously didn't read all of the post in this thread or you wouldn't have sounded like you walked in on the end of a conversation and farted some totally ignorant nonsense. There is no outrage. There is no high horse. I have said that people should be able to purchase Siri as an app. This would give them time to get ready for the onslaught of users and control the rate at which the servers are used by gradually letting more and more people use the service. Ensuring that legitimate users never suffer outages. If you pay for a service you would not be happy if people steal it causing you to not be able to use it.
Look at it like television. If you pay for cable but 5 million people steal cable television service and cause you to lose all of your channels will you go to your cable providers site and write about how they should fix their equipment to handle it so that you can continue to pay while people jump on for free and wreck your service?
Also windows is not jailbroken or hacked. It was created to be used that way. Nobody has to modify windows to run legitimate programs. You just install them. You may need to change a few preferences but that's about it. You're comparing a lion to a rainbow.
So essentially you rode in on a high horse with the knowledge of a rock. No outrage here. Just stating the facts.

Also..just so everyone understands. I love jailbreaking. I jailbreak myself. I go to Cydia and purchase apps like iFile and others. I don't steal from developers in the jailbreak Comminity. If you have ever created anything in your life then you will understand that seeing it stolen is not cool. Especially when we are talking about people with families to feed.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Well, Apple has a long grown history against the piracy and the stealing! Steve jobs said the same things very clearly in the biography that he would like to go for thermonuclear against the stolen technology of the Android, So thats why anyone who do anything like jailbreking or unlocking the siri will be ethically and legal unfair, and I am completely against that.
If someone wants to have a Siri, they should simply buy the iphone4S... thats all from my side.

I agree with everything that you said except the part about jailbreaking.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
And even for that to work, he had to have a jailbroken 4S to borrow the auth token from it. Besides, he has no intentions to release it to the public.

Can the nerd rage cool down now?

Yeah well Stephen may not release it... but as he pointed out, it doesn't stop someone else from packaging it up. So there is hope yet.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Apple should release it for iPhone 4 owners who are willing to pay for it. As long as they didn't over charge, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Apple should release it for iPhone 4 owners who are willing to pay for it. As long as they didn't over charge, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I agree totally. And I will go as far as to say that they should give a free copy to anyone who purchased the app from the app store before they removed it. Releasing it will be the best way to stop the pirating. Or at least keep it to a minimum. Most people don't want to steal and they spend $Billions$ to get apps that they think are worth the money. Siri could be their biggest app ever and definitely a killer app! Either way they better start getting those servers multiplied and bulletproofed(if that's a word! LOL!) I liked the video of it working on the iPod touch. I know that my daughter would go crazy if I told her to go to the app store and download Siri. I would definitely pay for her to have it. And my wife too. Yes my wife has an iPhone 4. She can't upgrade until February. So..Apple please make Siri a legitimate app before the flood gates open in a really bad way! This could be Apple's new cash cow or Apple's Hurricane Katrina!

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Somehow i couldn't picture a young Steve Jobs not jailbreaking his phone. This guy encouraged people to break the rules, think outside the box, etc. Apparently that didn't apply to his company's products.

Wasn't he the one who hacked into phone lines as a kid to make free calls? Well everyones view changes once $$ is involved in their products.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox