Pirated/Stolen Apps

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Were you aware that we had people who don't like to pay for things and then see other people steal it and use it for free?

Yeah. My point is that you've probably (and still do) things to the equivalent of it in some form. Hence
the moralist tag. I'm not saying pirating apps and using them is right. I'm just saying gimme a freaken
break with the things being said here, man. My assuming what I referred to in my first sentence is the
same that others are doing here in their assumptions that people that jailbreak do it for the "fact" that
they can download pirated apps.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. My point is that you've probably (and still do) things to the equivalent of it in some form. Hence
the moralist tag. I'm not saying pirating apps and using them is right. I'm just saying gimme a freaken
break with the things being said here, man. My assuming what I referred to in my first sentence is the
same that others are doing here in their assumptions that people that jailbreak do it for the "fact" that

And I stand up for the jailbreakers too because I'm one myself. Not all jailbreakers steal.

gbernier

May 23, 2009
Visit site
You sure sound like your getting emotionally involved on this "issue". I for one will be putting siri on my iphone 4 when it becomes available. I dont want to limit my device of its functionality, especially if i can do something about it. You need the chill the f out man

Reactions: Genericmessage00

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Don't worry I'm totally relaxed! LOL! Because you'll never get it on the 4! MUAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA!
Put the weed down bro!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I dont think that jailbreakers do it only for pirated apps but I think some do it for reasons that are illegal IE free tethering..

oxyman

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreak Community

I think the JB community is small compared to the huge one of non-jailbraked.
iOS devices have and good ratio between piracy and legal. I mean compared to other devices starting from (non-mobile) PC to Andriod. I think this is because of Apple prices politics . High price for the device and a doped app market with low prices. Who owns an iPad or iPhone can afford to buy (in most cases) instead of jailbreaking . Some people own an iPhone or iPad but can't afford it so they use jailbreaking for not paying more money.

Question: does anybody know what is happening on the chinese market. They download a lot for free but they never pay (iaps) or the full copy of a game ? What kind of telephone contracts do they have ?
Is it true that most don't have a credit card ?

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I've never heard about the credit card issue or the ration of free vs paid apps in china but they do
Have a very different economy. China is another world compared to the US. Either way the piracy isn't keeping developers from making billions each year as a whole. I'm sure that I piracy was wiped out everywhere then you'd see larger payments to developers. Or maybe not. Maybe those same people just can't afford to pay for apps. This still doesn't make piracy ok though. I'm sure that plenty of Americans have moments when they have to wait to buy an app because their bank account won't allow it at the time. Some of the really good apps can be a little costly. Maybe Apple should invest in Chinese Police departments and send them after these sites and people. At the same time I can't help but notice the irony. These are the people that they choose to let build their phones. What happened to things being "Made in America"?! Is it right for them to support families over there with jobs instead of creating jobs here where they receive the strongest support? Maybe it's what they deserve. The only problem that I see with this is that it's the developers and not Apple who suffers most when apps are pirated.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I just watched the video of an iPhone 4 running Siri! It looks worse than Android with all that lag! Why would you want that? Check it out: Siri voice command system ported from iPhone 4S to iPhone 4 (video) | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Apart from the fact, on the same link you posted, there is an updated video directly below showing Siri running on the iPhone 4 at the true speed. And since then there has been other videos showing ports to the iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, 4g and I believe even the iPad now! Try again.:rolleyes:

All these video demonstrations prove to me that, older hardware is defnitely capable of running Siri... and you can speculate about server load all you want, but no one other than Apple knows exactly why they've prevented it.

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I dont think that jailbreakers do it only for pirated apps but I think some do it for reasons that are illegal IE free tethering..

Free tethering is NOT illegal... its just against att policy...

Also... I've had a jailbroken phone since the first iPhone and never used pirated apps... got tons of cydia bought stuff :D

I think those who write software and wish that jail breaking would fall apart are dumb... lots of people have made good money off cydia and they're in the same business as you, why would you want them to fail.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This thread really still begs a question...

How do some of you get off that incredibly high horse without hurting yourselves? Or do you just stay on it permanently?

...oh well, don't let me get in the way of your hurled stones...carry on.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
People talking about high horses are normally riding one themselves so thank you for coming down from Mount Olympus to judge people. LOL! And of course the judge seems to wonder why we would want to shine a light on stealing. How virtuous. And thanks for your permission. Everyone was holding their stones waiting for your words of BS! LOL!
Back to the topics at hand:
Jailbreaking isn't stealing. Adding video recording to a phone 3-4 years ago didn't call for the taking of money or services from anyone or possibly cause any servers to crash or call for the hacking of servers. Adding tethering to your phone only allowed you to use the data that you had already spent your money to use. And if you went over your limit then you had to pay for the additional data. I actually gave up my unlimited data plan and now have the 4GB tethering plan but the point remains the same. If you pay money for unlimited data then you should be able to use that however you please.

Last edited:

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
It's that same high horse that makes me return a lost wallet, or pay for a snack in the honor snack bar, or keeps me from walking out the door with an armload of groceries if the clerk is not at the counter at the 7-11...

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
People talking about high horses are normally riding one themselves so thank you for coming down from Mount Olympus to judge people. LOL! And of course the judge seems to wonder why we would want to shine a light on stealing. How virtuous. And thanks for your permission. Everyone was holding their stones waiting for your words of BS! LOL!
Back to the topics at hand:
Jailbreaking isn't stealing. Adding video recording to a phone 3-4 years ago didn't call for the taking of money or services from anyone or possibly cause any servers to crash or call for the hacking of servers. Adding tethering to your phone only allowed you to use the data that you had already spent your money to use. And if you went over your limit then you had to pay for the additional data. I actually gave up my unlimited data plan and now have the 4GB tethering plan but the point remains the same. If you pay money for unlimited data then you should be able to use that however you please.

Careful there, your crusade on ethics is taking a turn for the worse here.

Hacking video recording on there provided a feature Apple intended it's users who UPGRADED phones to have. Since many could get video recording in this manner, they didn't see a need to give apple more money.

Adding tethering is stealing from your carrier or at the very least having a negative impact on other users who paid for it as you slurp more data. The very crux of your Siri argument.

Bottom line, you value Siri. This only angers you because you think it affects you. You can't take the moral high ground here while looking the other way on things that don't affect you. That's the drawback of riding the high horse.

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
You guys are talking about jail breaking but with morals. That's hilarious. Break everything that Apple stands for (a restricted environment) and then standing atop your high horse and complain. Sure that's completely understandable.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Is high horse gonna be the new "Swag" (extremely overused word of the day) is it that much fun that we all must use it. Ok. Let's all just post the words high horse one after the other until you guys feel better.
Video recording on our phone changed nothing for anyone. It didn't cause servers to crash and it didn't require you to steal a service from anyone every time you used it. I didn't actually add that feature to my iPhone when people were doing it. I actually just upgraded my iPhone. The examples online looked horrible. I was actually wondering why anyone would want to. As far as data and tethering goes unlimited is unlimited is it not? If I sold you unlimited water would it be fair for me to say that you should never be allowed to use it in a shower? Or in a tub for a bath? You did pay for unlimited right? And you continue to pay for it on a monthly basis correct? So who is robbing who in this case? And we all know that once you switch from the unlimited plan you stand the chance of receiving a bill for data that you never used. AT&T does it all the time. Google it. And I stand behind that the same way that I stand behind people who already got te Siri app from the app store. If they spent their money then they should be allowed to keep it.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Is high horse gonna be the new "Swag" (extremely overused word of the day) is it that much fun that we all must use it. Ok. Let's all just post the words high horse one after the other until you guys feel better.
Video recording on our phone changed nothing for anyone. It didn't cause servers to crash and it didn't require you to steal a service from anyone every time you used it. I didn't actually add that feature to my iPhone when people were doing it. I actually just upgraded my iPhone. The examples online looked horrible. I was actually wondering why anyone would want to. As far as data and tethering goes unlimited is unlimited is it not? If I sold you unlimited water would it be fair for me to say that you should never be allowed to use it in a shower? Or in a tub for a bath? You did pay for unlimited right? And you continue to pay for it on a monthly basis correct? So who is robbing who in this case? And we all know that once you switch from the unlimited plan you stand the chance of receiving a bill for data that you never used. AT&T does it all the time. Google it. And I stand behind that the same way that I stand behind people who already got te Siri app from the app store. If they spent their money then they should be allowed to keep it.

So let me get this straight. Hacking free tethering on to your phone to use in a way that was not intended, that others pay for, and could negatively impact other users is fine and dandy but doing the same with Siri is the devil? Ok...got it. Carry on. Or ride on..

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
You guys are talking about jail breaking but with morals. That's hilarious. Break everything that Apple stands for (a restricted environment) and then standing atop your high horse and complain. Sure that's completely understandable.

Jailbreaking has nothin to do with morals. It's what you do after you're jailbroken that requires the use of morals. Just like making a gun. It's not immoral for Glock to create firearms. But it is immoral for you to stick it in my far and demand that I give you my wallet. If I buy a phone then it's mine now right. I can do with it what I please and I should be allowed to. It's my property now right?! But just like with the gun if I use it to steal from other people then I am wrong. Anyone thinking logically would agree with me right now. Even Spock! LOL! Anyway. Your property is your property to do with as you wish until ou use it to hurt or steal from others. Just like a car. If you run someone over with it the. You have used it in a bad and illegal way right?! I feel like I should have some posters and pictures as part of this post! LOL! You can jailbreak and pay for apps, themes, and tweaks(spelling?). In those transactions some created something for your phone and they received compensation for te people who wanted to install it on their property. Nobody stole anything in that transaction. HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THAT AND CONNECTING TO THE SERVER OF A COMPANY SELLING A SERVICE THAT YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR RIGHT?!

Last edited:

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
So let me get this straight. Hacking free tethering on to your phone to use in a way that was not intended, that others pay for, and could negatively impact other users is fine and dandy but doing the same with Siri is the devil? Ok...got it. Carry on. Or ride on..

So I guess you're fine with the city callin you next week and saying that you can no longer take a shower with their drinking water. And from now on you will pay for bath water separately if you want to wash. Same thing. Or what if Ford/Lexus/Chevrolet/Honda made an announcement that their cars were made to be driven on roads so if you want to drive it up your driveway (which it was not built for) into your garage then they need you to pay for it again. Same thing.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreaking has nothin to do with morals. It's what you do after you're jailbroken that requires the use of morals. Just like making a gun. It's not immoral for Glock to create firearms. But it is immoral for you to stick it in my far and demand that I give you my wallet. If I buy a phone then it's mine now right. I can do with it what I please and I should be allowed to. It's my property now right?! But just like with the gun if I use it to steal from other people then I am wrong. Anyone thinking logically would agree with me right now. Even Spock! LOL! Anyway. Your property is your property to do with as you wish until ou use it to hurt or steal from others. Just like a car. If you run someone over with it the. You have used it in a bad and illegal way right?! I feel like I should have some posters and pictures as part of this post! LOL! You can jailbreak and pay for apps, themes, and tweaks(spelling?). In those transactions some created something for your phone and they received compensation for te people who wanted to install it on their property. Nobody stole anything in that transaction. HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THAT AND CONNECTING TO THE SERVER OF A COMPANY SELLING A SERVICE THAT YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR RIGHT?!

I bolded out the part of your post I want to address. You're saying that you think that it's wrong to put Siri on an iPhone 4 (which I agree with), for the reason that people connect to the server, and pay for the service. But you dont agree that getting a tethering program from cydia to tether for free is stealing. You're connecting to the server, and using a service the other people are paying the company to use....Your logic seems flawed to me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner