Hi,

I just started having problems with the dictation/microphone on my texts, emails, tweets, and basically any area the keyboard appears and I have the option to dictate a message. I'm not sure what happened it has been working before up until just a day or two ago. I have a 4s 32GB on iOS 5. No changes that I know of in settings. I've done restarts & reboots. I have no idea what else to to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    10-23-2011 01:44 PM
    Mine doesn't work either. I see the 3 blinking purple dots, and then they just dissapear and thats it. I dont really get it
    10-23-2011 02:52 PM
    Yeah that's exactly what's happening to me. I don't get it either and I'm not sure what's causing it. One day it worked the next it didn't. I don't even use it that much.
    10-23-2011 02:55 PM
    Mine doesn't work either. I see the 3 blinking purple dots, and then they just dissapear and thats it. I dont really get it
    Hey, I was reading that Siri and the dictation are connected and on a server. So I used Siri to dictate a text and she/it created it and sent it. Since then the dictation has been working on everything. Maybe that is a way to calibrate it/reset it. So maybe try that.
    10-23-2011 04:12 PM
    Mine does that when I have a poor signal.
    10-23-2011 05:45 PM
    Thanks iroh. I tried your hint and it worked.
    11-07-2011 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD