Losing service constantly

cole_bedsaul

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a white iPhone 4S, i got it october 14, never dropped it, had a case on it since day 1, minute 1. And starting today, i noticed my battery life would literally go down by the minute, i unplugged it, and within 3 minutes it was down to 99%, and I went out today, and I would recieve an imessage or text message, and i would loose service at that time. it would say searching... searching... and then I would get it back but every 3ish minutes i loose service unless im in my wifi area. I have at&t, i know sprint was having problems with their service but i havent heard of anything about this with at&t, it really frustrates me. I realllly need an answer on how to fix this, please let me know!! :) thanks!

cole_bedsaul

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
im not sure what you mean, it goes completely down, doesnt send messages and calls dont work. But when it comes back, it usually has 1 bar, then 3 and if im lucky 5. I had a blackberry bold right before the iphone 4s, and i had perfect service in my area at all times so its confusing why i am loosing signal on a phone thats 7 days old

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
im not sure what you mean, it goes completely down, doesnt send messages and calls dont work. But when it comes back, it usually has 1 bar, then 3 and if im lucky 5. I had a blackberry bold right before the iphone 4s, and i had perfect service in my area at all times so its confusing why i am loosing signal on a phone thats 7 days old

Might have to take ur phone in and get a new one

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You answered what i was asking...i was basically curious if, when you lose reception, you still visually had full (or any) bars of service showing on your iPhone.

I'm assuming when your service goes out, it reads "SEARCHING" on the top status bar?

Are you in a large metropolitan area?

...also, as far as the battery goes, check your location services to see if anything is constantly running, if not, monitor the consistency and if it maintains poor battery life, call Apple and tell them you want a replacement...though personally, i think it still might be something rooted in iOS 5 that will be addressed in a forth coming firmware update...

cole_bedsaul

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
its just anoying because i have things to do i have places to go i cant even make a call because i lose service! I might visit the apple store tomorrow and see what they can do, but thanks everyone for the help :)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a white iPhone 4S, i got it october 14, never dropped it, had a case on it since day 1, minute 1. And starting today, i noticed my battery life would literally go down by the minute, i unplugged it, and within 3 minutes it was down to 99%, and I went out today, and I would recieve an imessage or text message, and i would loose service at that time. it would say searching... searching... and then I would get it back but every 3ish minutes i loose service unless im in my wifi area. I have at&t, i know sprint was having problems with their service but i havent heard of anything about this with at&t, it really frustrates me. I realllly need an answer on how to fix this, please let me know!! :) thanks!

Take it in. NOW. I had that, I went through several SIM cards. I ended up back at the Apple Store within another day or two and they replaced it. Make an appointment right now for when you are going tomorrow. Don't just go or they may not let you in the store. Our stores are like roped off, anyone without an appointment cannot get in for iPhone anything.

cole_bedsaul

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
i cant make an appointment right now, but its not easy to go to an apple store near me, the closest is an hour away :/ but im gonna try to ge tup there tomorrow

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
No, you seriously need an appointment. They won't even let you in the store without one. Make one online for like 1pm. You can always get there early and try to see if they let you see a guy earlier. But if you don't have an appointment you wait in line with the people hoping to buy one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro