There seems to be some question around the iPhone world concerning the quality of the pictures taken from the iPhone 4S WITH FLASH between the white iPhones and the black iPhones...so i figured i'd make a kind of "Official Thread" for comparison shots and discussions concerning such...

Here's Round 1...(TV was on, but provided almost zero surround lighting)

Black iPhone 4S...

White iPhone 4S...

...as you can see, the differences are fairly visible. The white iPhone certainly has a more "washed" look, black remote is not nearly as crisp or "black", and the light over the surface of the picture seems much less natural than the black iPhone's picture.

This echoes the complaints I've been reading around the web (and here)...so let's get some more comparison shots going, and I'll add some more later (wife's phone is currently charging and i don't want to mess with it).
    10-22-2011 10:16 PM
    Finally. There is obviously a difference and I am glad I went with a black 4S.
    10-22-2011 10:23 PM
    But my white is so sexy!!! But I do avoid using the flash for this reason.

Sent from my iPhun using Tapatalk
    10-22-2011 10:41 PM
    My wife said that given she never uses the flash, she wasn't concerned about the differences in quality...but did say she was a bit shocked Apple released it with this quite apparent issue.
    10-22-2011 10:54 PM
    Sean out of curiosity are cases on either you or your wife's phone?
    10-22-2011 11:49 PM
    I have an InCase Snap case on mine...she has an Apple bumper on hers.
    10-22-2011 11:52 PM
    FASCINATING. I stick with black but now I am extra glad I go black. I don't care for that difference at all.
    10-22-2011 11:55 PM
    Oh never mind. I noticed on cases that has a trim around the camera and not a hole I get pics that looks like your wife's picture (or worse). But neither of those cases would have those problems with a flash. I agree with your wife's statement. It's surprising apple would let that slide. I did hear that was the delay with the white one though. I guess that was the best they could do
    10-22-2011 11:55 PM
    I'm not really worried about it. I try not to use the flash
    10-23-2011 12:13 AM
    I actually think the white looks better... Looks like it will better combat the yellowness that occurs in most flash photos.
    10-23-2011 12:22 AM
    I see the difference, but neither are "bad" to me.

I guess we'd have to see other pics... maybe of more colorful backgrounds?
    Jellotime91 likes this.
    10-23-2011 12:36 AM
    I see the difference, but neither are "bad" to me.

I guess we'd have to see other pics... maybe of more colorful backgrounds?
    Yes or of actual people.
    10-23-2011 03:19 AM
    Going back and checking all my iphone pictures in my portable hard drive about 98% of them were taken without flash so this is not a deal breaker to me, having said that I would like to see more shots with both iphones ( without any case on ) in different situations..
    10-23-2011 05:30 AM
    We got black phones, so can't help. I leave flash off anyways.
    10-23-2011 08:16 AM
    We got black phones, so can't help. I leave flash off anyways.
    same... i've used flash a handful of times since the iPhone got flash.
    10-30-2011 02:12 AM
    I have a black phone while my wife's is white. The camera is important to her so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut on this one. Never rain on the parade with the one you love...
    _heatherly and Duvi like this.
    10-30-2011 09:16 AM
    I have the white 4S and my pictures look fantastic. I almost never use flash, I prefer natural lighting whenever possible.
    10-30-2011 09:19 AM
    I have the white 4S and my pictures look fantastic. I almost never use flash, I prefer natural lighting whenever possible.
    This is exactly how I feel. Natural light always trumps a crappy phone flash.

I understand that my phone should be capable of doing its job but I already gave up on flash pics when I bought a white case that makes the wash out even worse.

I am glad someone pointed out the difference though for those curious.
    10-30-2011 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD