Hey everyone! New convert to the iPhone, and so far I love it. I actually used this forum to help me decide on the iPhone 4S. Here's my question, can I just enter a microSIM card into my Sprint iPhone 4S abroad and it'll use the foreign network? I asked Sprint, but everyone gave me a different answer. One rep even told me that you can't remove the SIM card, which I've already done, it's super easy. Anyway, does anyone know? I know articles on the net says that I have to call Sprint to unlock, but they simply don't know what I'm talking about. I'm going to Turkey for a couple of months, and it's important for me to know before I leave =( So, can any one help with my situation?
    10-21-2011 06:21 PM
    At this time, yes, but they have said they plan to lock it in the near future.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    10-21-2011 06:33 PM
    I hope that Sprint is going to be cool about unlocking it. Touring in Europe is part of my road map and I need this 4S to work there.
    10-21-2011 08:45 PM
    At this time, yes, but they have said they plan to lock it in the near future.

What is this "iOS ecosystem" that you use? I can't find any info on it. Is it a program like Tapatalk?
    10-21-2011 08:46 PM
    What is this "iOS ecosystem" that you use? I can't find any info on it. Is it a program like Tapatalk?
    I just assumed they used tapatalk. You can change your signature to whatever you want.
    10-21-2011 08:52 PM
    I just assumed they used tapatalk. You can change your signature to whatever you want.
    Ah.. Well that solves the mystery then. I wasn't sure if it was another program or something.
    10-21-2011 09:23 PM
    ^^^ This!!! I done had TapaTalk and like to play with my signature!

It's part of that female thing....

10-21-2011 09:31 PM
    You should be good to go as far as the sim goes. And tapatalk is a saint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-21-2011 09:40 PM
    I can't even browse the forums on the computer anymore, I got so accustom to using tapatalk.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.794804,-73.917801
    10-21-2011 09:52 PM
    Guys, can we please get back on topic? Thanks!
    10-21-2011 10:49 PM
    Guys, can we please get back on topic? Thanks!
    LOL wow chill out! 2 people have already answered your question and I'm sure others will chime in so don't get your panties in a bunch It is unlocked as of now so there shouldn't be an issue just make sure the internation sim is iPhone compatable
    10-21-2011 11:49 PM
    Wow! Yeah, how many answers did you want?

10-21-2011 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD