Let's hear about your iPhone accidental drops

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So for the first time today I had my iPhone in my lap and I got out of my car and boom! Hit the pavement a couple times. Luckily I have a pretty good case on it the incipio double case. Phone is fine no scratches or anything on it and the screen didnt crack thank God! Should I be worried about the parts inside like the camera and other fragile hardware? The case took the beating not my phone ha. Think it's fine? Whose dropped theirs on the pavement before?

Ipilot4s

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my 3GS on the pavement whilst taking it out of my pocket.. fortunately it landed on on the non screen side and the casing ended up with a scuff mark.

Just before I got my 3GS I had a HTC Touch that I had on my knee, got out of a car forgetting it was there and it hit the floor. The LCD ended up with a bleed crack and I ended up very annoyed as it was a month or 2 before the iPhone would be available on my carrier.

Last edited:

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my 3GS out of my pocket and it landed on the top of the phone one cement. It had a case on, I forget which one. No damage. I dropped my iPhone 4 onto tile floor from about 5' in the air with no case. Not a scratch. Dropped my iPhone 4 onto a steel dashboard in a garbage truck with no case. No damage. Dropped my first gen iPad from 6' in the air onto a cement floor and it landed on the bottom corner and then the screen, bent the corner a little bit, no damage not even a scratch to the screen. Got lucky a few times lol

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
So for the first time today I had my iPhone in my lap and I got out of my car and boom! Hit the pavement a couple times. Luckily I have a pretty good case on it the incipio double case. Phone is fine no scratches or anything on it and the screen didnt crack thank God! Should I be worried about the parts inside like the camera and other fragile hardware? The case took the beating not my phone ha. Think it's fine? Whose dropped theirs on the pavement before?

I did that with my blackberry storm 2... After just picking it up from the vzw store!

The only drop I've had so far was on carpet, which isn't traumatic at all...... But, I did go out drinking one night with a few friends and at the end of the night I was handing a girl back her pocketbook, which was open unbeknownst to me. Her 2 day old iPhone 4 was the ONLY thing to fall out onto the pavement below. I quickly grabbed it, and felt the broken glass immediately. She asked me "is it bad?" with almost tears in her eyes. I just nodded and opened my clenched fist. I don't know who felt worse.

The upside is it was only the rear glass, and I made it out unscathed, except for the $30 I paid to have it replaced for her. I'll take that kind of outcome.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You should probably panic as much as possible...there is a small liquid mercury bladder behind the battery that ruptures many times with a heavy ground impact...it is used for the GPS functionality of the phone and, after being ruptured, can cause extreme heat and even explosions...there are reports of anything from burned hands to lost eyes/vision...

Its a serious situation man, i'd probably go into Apple and ask them to check the GPS mercury bladder for ruptures, they'll do it for free under warranty.

Good luck man!

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
So for the first time today I had my iPhone in my lap and I got out of my car and boom!

97% of the drops of all the phones I have ever owned have been this exact situaion. Its never a matter of if I'm going to drop it out of my lap while exiting the car its only a matter of when. So far so good with the 4s.

Count

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Never dropped any of my iPhones. Had em all since the 3G and I baby them. No cases for me either. All case look bad in my opinion. It defeats the point of the beauty and design of apple products to put a colorful condom on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You should probably panic as much as possible...there is a small liquid mercury bladder behind the battery that ruptures many times with a heavy ground impact...it is used for the GPS functionality of the phone and, after being ruptured, can cause extreme heat and even explosions...there are reports of anything from burned hands to lost eyes/vision...

Its a serious situation man, i'd probably go into Apple and ask them to check the GPS mercury bladder for ruptures, they'll do it for free under warranty.

Good luck man!

Hahahahahahahahahah

It's like a mercury switch how else do u think the gps gets it's direction as you tilt your phone lol

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hahahaha a mercury bladder ha. They stopped using mercury in products I long time ago there bud. But seriously. Should I be worried of anything internally?

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I had my iPhone on the back of the couch cushion and my pug jumped on it and my phone went face down onto my laptop but thankfully no scratches or anything. I did have one of my EVO's broken though, I was at a bar and this drunk idiot next to me spilled his beer all over and I moved my purse quickly so beer didn't get on it and it was open and my phone slid out and fell face down on tile floor and cracked. It luckily still worked but I still wanted to cry haha. Hopefully nothing happens to my iP4S

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
First day I got my iPhone 4 (July 30th 2010, Canadian launch date), I was really excited and it slipped out of my hands. Got a looooong hairline scratch right across the screen, but it had some minor problems anyway so I was able to exchange it.

Since then, I have dropped my iPhone many many many times without getting a single scratch on it. I have dropped it on pavement, on my floors at home, on marble floors in city hall, and in various other locations and conditions. I drop it probably once a week at home but I have absolutely no scratches. It's luck I suppose haha.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I drop my phone all the time too. LOL! And I mean ALL THE TIME! I drop it getting out of the car when it's sitting on my lap. I drop it getting it out of my pocket. I drop it on concrete. I drop it in Peking lots, hallways, driveways, and hard wood floors. I have a thin case made by Incase. It's made of soft touch plastic. Feels really good. Sometimes I just rub it for no reason! LOL! Don't worry. It doesn't make me horny! LOL! Anyway. It protects the screen really well because the sides sit above the screen by a few millimeters. No screen guard crap! Didn't pay all that money to look at bubbles on my screen. And even without bubbles it's just not the same when you cover the screen.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
In and out of the car is also my weak point. Haven't done it with my iPhone yet but I did with my EVO and it chewed up the plastic case pretty good. Luckily, well sort of, the charging port went bad a few months later so it was replaced under warranty. (as a side note I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy to have them get a phone replaced with Sprint if they don't have a local store)

I currently have a casemate POP but it doesn't fit quite right and it's a touch bulky. Going to try out an Incipio NGP. I figure that should be enough protection to survive car drops.

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
When I had my 3GS last year, I was playing that bowling game where you simulate your phone as a bowling ball....and the damn thing slipped out of my hands and crashed into the patio glass door, then fell to the concrete. Couple of scratches...that's about it. Don't play games like those anymore. I stick to the Wii which has a rope attached to the remote.

SteelGreek

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
When I had my 3GS last year, I was playing that bowling game where you simulate your phone as a bowling ball....and the damn thing slipped out of my hands and crashed into the patio glass door, then fell to the concrete. Couple of scratches...that's about it. Don't play games like those anymore. I stick to the Wii which has a rope attached to the remote.

Ok sorry but that's hilarious... glad that your phone made it out ok. I got a good laugh out of the visual image

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2