Can any Sprint users confirm some features???

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty much sold on the iphone4s at sprint, however there i one feature i cannot seem to confirm on sprint. That is for visual voicemail. My webos phone does not have so i am using youmail right now. however the youmail app for webos sucks. I was hoping to have a native visual voicemail on the iphone4s.
however when i went to play with one at the store i did not see the app for it anywhere, and when i asked a sprint rep, he told visual voice-mail was something only android phones did. Then i wanted to punch him. I told him that both Verizon and att i phones do visual voice-mail, and in fact the i phone was the first phone to offer a native visual voicemail client.

If there is none on the sprint version, how is the youmail app?, I can only hope it is better than the webos one.
I am asking this because sprint has a history of not having visual voicemail on phones that other carriers had it on...such as some blackberrys.

Secondly, can anyone confirm if there is a app in the app store for sprint navigation. I know apple doesn't allow carrier bloatware on their phones, but sprint navigation is very handy and is free for all who own smart phones basically. The same sprint rep told me i could just use google maps app and it does the same thing. I told him noooo only android phones have voice turn-by-turn directions on google maps.

if not has anyone tried the telenav app, and able to put in their sprint account information and activate the service. since sprint navigation is basically telenav.

thanks.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Visual voicemail is within the phone app...its the last tab on the right. And yes, Sprint iPhones do have it...

As far as the Sprint navi...im not sure, but there are so many navigation options on the iPhone via app store, i wouldn't worry too much if it is not available.

Reactions: Maestro1#AC

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
yes visual voicemail is on all iPhones as the previous poster said its in the phone app itself on the bottom right.

As far as navigation I highly recommend tom tom. Its a one time charge of like 50 bucks BUT the maps are stored on the device which means that you do not need to have a active data connection to get turn by turn navigation so if your driving and you lose data its not a big deal...

Just my 2 cents

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Visual voicemail is within the phone app...its the last tab on the right. And yes, Sprint iPhones do have it...

As far as the Sprint navi...im not sure, but there are so many navigation options on the iPhone via app store, i wouldn't worry too much if it is not available.

yes visual voicemail is on all iPhones as the previous poster said its in the phone app itself on the bottom right.

As far as navigation I highly recommend tom tom. Its a one time charge of like 50 bucks BUT the maps are stored on the device which means that you do not need to have a active data connection to get turn by turn navigation so if your driving and you lose data its not a big deal...

Just my 2 cents

Thank you, for some reason i thought that visual voicemail was in its own separate app. Navigation is not a huge concern for me as i hardly use it, I just hope sprint makes an app for IOS soon, as i have heard that verizon's VZ navigator app is available for verizon subscribers in the app store. maybe just needs some time.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Try some of the other navigation apps...i live and breath by Motion X, because I've had it for years...it does require a data connection, but i've driven EVERYWHERE, and I've never once had any trouble with it, from Florida to Boston...from Atlanta to Houston...it's worked flawlessly (but can be a data hog, lol).

I just hope they integrate Siri into the 3rd party navi apps eventually...that would be awesome.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
if you hurry over to the app/games section there is one more code that hasnt been used for the NAVV app. so far its quite good.... but read my posts there about the data. You will need a good 1hr on wifi to get it all downloaded. (download the main app in itunes on pc first) then you need to get the download purchases in the app... 1.9 gb! total around 3.4gb... but needs no connection - all downloaded to the phone

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions, unfortunately i don't have an iphone yet. i am not eligible for an upgrade until November. one of my main issues was the visual voicemail, which is now cleared up.t
navigation wise, i don't really use it much, having sprint navigation for free was a plus but not a dealbreaker. and it seems that appstore is full of alternative options. I might stay away from the ones that don't need a data connection as i don't want to lose so much space on my phone for maps.

as a matter of fact the only time i use navigation is when i am in the city of chicago. I know where i am everywhere else, and for roadtrips i usually just printout mapquest directions. Most chicagoans would make fun of me for this because it is the only place i ever get lost, yet chicago is supposed to be the easiest city in the country to navigate due to its grid system.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
NYC is the easiest :)

and really... the phone has google maps, and you can tell siri to take you to a location and she maps it out. its not turn based, but its easy enough to use for free :)

blwatson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the sprint iPhone. Yes it does have visual voicemail, and no there is no native sprint telenav. However, the google maps turn by turn directions on the iPhone does work well.

My only problem with the sprint iPhone is that my data speeds are very very slow. They are hovering about 100-200kbps. Just as a comparison when I first got the phone last Friday I was getting about 700kbps-1mbps (I know that isn't even close to Verizon or AT&T but it does do the trick and netflix looked great). There is a whole thread about on the sprint community forums if you would like to read more. Apparently there is a national ticket out for sprint technical support and I'm hoping that it will get resolved soon.

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the sprint iPhone. Yes it does have visual voicemail, and no there is no native sprint telenav. However, the google maps turn by turn directions on the iPhone does work well.

My only problem with the sprint iPhone is that my data speeds are very very slow. They are hovering about 100-200kbps. Just as a comparison when I first got the phone last Friday I was getting about 700kbps-1mbps (I know that isn't even close to Verizon or AT&T but it does do the trick and netflix looked great). There is a whole thread about on the sprint community forums if you would like to read more. Apparently there is a national ticket out for sprint technical support and I'm hoping that it will get resolved soon.

Yeah sprints data has been horrid for about the last year, I wish they would just come out and say something about it. I mean in this day and age you can't hide stuff like that. its been all over the internet for sooo long. I know sprint is in the process of redoing their whole network nationwide (network vision initiative), and if thats the case why don't they just say it, im willing to accept slow data speeds temporarily if i know that they are working on the towers in my area.

People think it has to do with the Iphone but its been like this for a while, and it could only get worse with the addition of the iphone, did they not think of this or are they still in denial. either way im not going any I am on sero-premium as well pay $40 a month for basically everything, so im not gonna really complain. but for those who are regular plans, I don't know how they put up with it.

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
NYC is the easiest :)

and really... the phone has google maps, and you can tell siri to take you to a location and she maps it out. its not turn based, but its easy enough to use for free :)

actually for the only few times i use it in the city, that would be a good idea i don't need turn by turn, just a general idea, its usually one or two turns that usually screws me up anyways.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Now I don't have to ask about Navigation. There are enough answers here for me to find a Navigation program to replace the Sprint Navi.

moonoverparma00

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah sprints data has been horrid for about the last year, I wish they would just come out and say something about it. I mean in this day and age you can't hide stuff like that. its been all over the internet for sooo long. I know sprint is in the process of redoing their whole network nationwide (network vision initiative), and if thats the case why don't they just say it, im willing to accept slow data speeds temporarily if i know that they are working on the towers in my area.

People think it has to do with the Iphone but its been like this for a while, and it could only get worse with the addition of the iphone, did they not think of this or are they still in denial. either way im not going any I am on sero-premium as well pay $40 a month for basically everything, so im not gonna really complain. but for those who are regular plans, I don't know how they put up with it.
Well i can tell you i'm about done with it. Ready for AT&T and their fast 3g network.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods