Worth the extra ?5?

poppyannharris

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So Im planning on getting the iPhone tomorrow. Its not my first, and I currently have an iPad (typing on it now infact), so Im not new to Apple.
I am getting it on the network 3. There are two different plans however which are as follows:

Iphone 4: ?129 upfront cost, ?25/ month. 300 minutes, 5000 texts, 500mb internet.

Iphone 4s: ?129 upfront cost, ?30/ month. 300 minutes, 5000 texts, 500mb internet.

Obviously the data/usage plans are exactly the same, and it is fine for me. The upfront cost is also good. What im wondering though, are the two phones actually thst different? Aside from Siri which Ive tested, is the speed noticeably different? Worth the extra ?5 a month?

I know its only ?5, but I am just curious and wanted some first hand answers instead of just looking up reviews on the internet all the time.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Is the speed noticeably different? I notice speed increases, but it's nothing groundbreaking. It's an extra 5 pounds (sorry I don't have that button on my keyboard)......just do it. The camera itself is worth that.

poppyannharris

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh yes I completely forgot about the new camera. I did photography as an A level so I do have a good camera however its rather bulky to carry around. I have not looked up much about the new camera, but I am guessing it is pretty good. I do think I will get the 4s. ?5 a month more isnt really a huge dent in my bank after all!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
How odd, I've never seen a plan like that. In the US the cost difference is always in what you pay for the initial price of the handset. If I had to pay more every month I would seriously consider buying an unlocked model. Not sure what the price difference is there, but consider how long you'll have the phone. If you keep it for two years, the extra monthly payment comes up to 120 pounds.

Ipilot4s

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
If you can afford it pay an extra 5er and get something that's up to date. At the end of your contract you'll be pleased you did because it'll be worth more.

Plus the upgrades in the phone are certainly worth it and I am pretty sure that soon there will be apps available that are aimed at the iPhone 4S' that take advantage of its capabilities.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh