Text messages from iP4 to 4S

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
I should hopefully be heading to Apple tomorrow to pick up a 4S. I currently have a 4, but want my new phone to be set up as new (as opposed to restoring from a backup). Now, I can re-sync over my contacts, calendar, pics etc via iCloud & then re-sync all of my apps (I don't mind about losing the saved data), but want to know if there's any decent way of getting my text messages across - as far as I was aware they're not backed-up in iCloud.

Does any one know of any possible method (without jailbreaking etc)?

Thanks!

skatecrazy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
when i switch from 3gs to the 4s - the only thing that didn't transfer was my visual voicemails and I was told that they wouldn't and i should probably delete them. my text messages did transfer to my new phone. I still have text messages going back to 09. I don't know if that was due to backing up on my itunes before hand or what.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
PhoneView and Missing Sync seem to be able to backup SMS messages, but there doesn't seem to be a way to put those texts back on the phone. =/

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
PhoneView and Missing Sync seem to be able to backup SMS messages, but there doesn't seem to be a way to put those texts back on the phone. =/

Cheers Red. Bugger, it's the one thing I really wanted to keep & sync back over. May just bite the bullet & go for a clean phone & just sync over what I can.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I never like restoring a new phone from a backup because it always seems to create some sort of bug so I just go as new and lose my text messages and app data

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR