Question for "Launch Day" iPhone (4) & (4S) owners...

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
When I had purchased the iPhone 4 this past March, it was already preloaded with iOS 4.2.1. The battery was excellent and the phone performed beautifully. My question is was the launch day iOS 4.0 as bad on battery life as iOS 5.0 is on my 4S? Also, if so, how many updates did it take for bugs, battery life, etc... to be fixed? TIA

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Battery life wasn't an issue honestly on iOS 4 (except for people in the 3G who upgraded to it, they appeared to have the most issue all around with iOS 4).

As far as bugs and stuff go...i think after the first real firmware update, many of the main issues were rectified, and the only big one that was left that never really found a true "answer" was the proximity sensor "bug".

Apple is very good about fixing problems, though honestly, i don't really see any major issues with this new 4S, the battery life issue might be something imbedded, but i honestly think people are using a much more powerful phone a lot more and its draining the battery like crazy (standing aside those who simply had bad handsets with batteries that were dramatically terrible).

If anything, they'll adjust power consumption and never tell us about it and we'll all just live happily ever after not really thinking about it anymore...battery is still a world better than my EVO, lmao.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
4.0 battery was solid. 5.0 battery on 4S could be better. But it is still much better than the Inspire and Atrix I owned. I am satisfied with 4S battery but would like to see some improvements.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am still tweaking the settings, but my battery is getting much better day after day on my iPhone 4S. I am sure Apple will continue to address issues, including battery life, as much as they can. As Sean says, they're very good at that.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an EVO, the battery life is definitely better on the 4S. I use my car charger whenever I'm going somewhere in the car, so I'm probably not seeing similar battery issues to what others are seeing, for that reason. If an update brings more improvements including battery life, that is welcome. I see no bugs. There is no lag. There is no Gingerbread memory leak. my 4S is far more responsive than my EVO ever was.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My battery on my 4S is extremely close to that of my i4. That being said, the 4S is at least 60% better than an HTC Ispire I owned for a month or so.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I was using the Mophie juice pack plus case. I could get a few days from it. But I wanted to see how long the battery would last without the juice pack. I was able to go about twelve and a half hours which isn't bad at all. That's with a lot of texts and emails, Siri, web browsing, GPS, phone calls, and some Words with Friends. I would say that the battery life is pretty good. I also keep wifi on, weather widget, and everything syncing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty impressed with my 4S battery life so far. I've been making it from 6am to 11pm with between 10-20% charge left. my usage is moderate, three push email accts, weather widget, 40% brightness, tons of texting/Facebook/twitter. and the kicker is I spend 8 hours in my office with crap signal!

I'm more than happy with those results.

D2TSHR1439

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ive had both iPhones, and between them a Samsung Charge.

The i4 had a better battery life then the i4s IMO.

My Charge had a better battery than either of those. My i4s has horrible batter life, so now I am trying so stuff to improve it.

However, I think out of all the OS markets, Apple puts out updates more often, with better improvements and results. Also, they also dont forget about you after a year and that my biggest respect for Apple.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I just got hired at a new job. And in my career basically everyone has a smart phone. I got guys that are like I have 3 hours of talktime before my battery is dead, etc. I think us Apple users are spoiled. We do have 1 of the best batteries in the market ios5 or ios4, 4S or 4 or 3GS. We just always expect it to be improved and really with notification center, Siri, not being able to turn 3G off, etc etc we have a really good battery considering. It could be much worse like mentioned above the Matrix, etc.

The 4S on IOS5 out performs the 4 on IOS5. I can say that from experience. October 4th through 14th I was on ios5 with my Iphone4. From Oct 14th through Oct 20th I was on ios5 on my 4S. The 4S rules on ios5. We just got alot of battery draining options in this ios version.