Android to 4S - Miss Status Bar Notifications...

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It was :( I think once though hahah..But i always keep a look out for the blink.

There is an option where u can set the led flash to blink when there is a notification.

Settings>General>Accessibility and there is a toggle for led flash alerts.

Have fun!

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone notification system seems to be sufficient. The Android system with the LED light is nice, but it also lacks badges which I like. They are about the same to me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I personally miss the icons. The notification pull-down and the notification center in general on the iPhone is fine, and in some ways better than Android, especially the lock screen. But I want those icons there in the notification Bar at the Top itself.

Why? Because if I have 3 different notifications on the lockscreen, (1 for mail, 1 for facebook, 1 for twitter) and I go into ONE of them, then lock my phone...then next time I see the lockscreen, there is nothing there. The facebook and twitter notifications no longer show on the lockscreen. They DO still show in the notification center, but not on the lockscreen. If I had the icons in the notification bar at the top, I could easily remember that I have 2 notifications left waiting for me. I think Apple missed the boat on that one. Not sure why the lockscreen 'resets' after you access one of the notifications. At least give us an option to not do that.

EXACTLY. This is the main reason I still jailbreak--that after all the thought and work that went into the new notification system, I'm still very often forced to unlock my phone to see new notifications. The new lock screen system is, for me, pretty useless, precisely because it clears all notification whenever one is dealt with. I understand what Apple is going for there, but it's simply not the way I use my phone--I much prefer to have an at-a-glance summary from the lockscreen.

So for that, I highly recommend LockInfo, or checking out the upcoming IntelliScreenX. I'm using LockInfo and have statusbar icons for new mail, SMS, notifications, voicemail, missed calls, and more. As a bonus, the current version also integrates SBSettings and the native Notification Center widgets. (The developer is currently working to integrate the entire app as a plugin into the native Notification Center.) To get it you have to be jailbroken; then add the LockInfo beta repo to your Cydia sources: http://apt.dba-technologies.com/beta/

Hope that helps! I promise you, LockInfo will change how you use your phone forever.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The lock screen should be notification enough. The notification bar as well. I actually hated the clutter of my notification bar on my android.

templetonryecy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The lock screen should be notification enough. The notification bar as well. I actually hated the clutter of my notification bar on my android.

No, the lockscreen is not enough. I pointed out in my post above precisely why the lockscreen is not enough.

"Why? Because if I have 3 different notifications on the lockscreen, (1 for mail, 1 for facebook, 1 for twitter) and I go into ONE of them, then lock my phone...then next time I see the lockscreen, there is nothing there. The facebook and twitter notifications no longer show on the lockscreen. They DO still show in the notification center, but not on the lockscreen. If I had the icons in the notification bar at the top, I could easily remember that I have 2 notifications left waiting for me. I think Apple missed the boat on that one. Not sure why the lockscreen 'resets' after you access one of the notifications. At least give us an option to not do that"

If you have items on the lockscreen, and you access just ONE of those notifications, the next time you unlock your phone, NOTHING is on the lock screen. So the only way to even remember that you had a notification pending 10 minutes later is to actually unlock the phone again, which is what the old iOS gave us. It's like Apple said "you get one crack at having the lockscreen be useful for you. After that, we will blank it out."

If icons were there (or a blinking LED, which is another discussion - NO idea how iPhones still don't have this - and no, the one-time flashing of the camera LED on the BACK of the phone when a notification comes in is not the same thing), I would only have to unlock my phone to remember that I have several notifications waiting. Unlocking the phone and hoping I'm on the right page of icons to see a badge is not ideal. There is nothing at the top of the screen, like Android, that tells me, "Hey, I should swipe down the notification panel." It's just lazy on Apple's part.

Still love the phone for the most part though :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73