Hi

Have been told (right or wrong) that push on iPhone batters the battery.
    Make sure you turn off the time zone setting. That also seems to be another battery drain problem.

Settings - Location Services - System Services - Setting Time Zone should be off.
    tct70 likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:43 AM
    for now set to fetch. but if you need emails for work set to PUSH. we know many of us turning push off to conserve battery. Keep in mind Apple released 5.0.1 update to developers. apparantly this has the fix to the many bugs thats causing iOS 5 to drain battery. i have all my emails set to fetch and they come in at good timing...no such drastic changed in timing noticed from fetch vs push
    Thanks. Yep, will be for work, although private emails may be better at fetch then.
    11-03-2011 09:45 AM
    Make sure you turn off the time zone setting. That also seems to be another battery drain problem.

Settings - Location Services - System Services - Setting Time Zone should be off.
    I don't understand the complaints re: battery life, but it is all relative I guess.

With normal usage, my 4s battery held its charge yesterday from 8:30 AM until after midnight. Albeit, I don't play games, and used the phone for only a handful of calls over the day. I primarily use it as a PIM during business hours (contacts, calendar and Remember the Milk tasks), and to check e-mail, which is set to push. I also did some web browsing yesterday, and sent and received a couple of texts. My use of SIRI has been limited thus far, but I do use the location services and PeopleFinder App.

While I have not owned a iPhone before, the battery life of my 4s far exceeds the Blackberrys I've owned previously (8830, Storm, Storm 2). I wonder how much of the battery drain people are experiencing has to do with the fact that new owners are playing with it a lot more than they were there old phones? I am happy that Apple is takeing measures to address bugs that it thinks may be battery-life problems, but there are no complaints here! This device blows away my Blackberrys in every way!
    11-03-2011 11:54 AM
78 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD