Does anyone know how long a full jailbreak might take for the iphone 4s.....hoping to have some great theme makers working soon - yes you StaticFX
    lol...hmmm.. It has been a LOOONG time since I have done a iphone/ipod touch theme. but i may do a few for fun and see if anybody is nice enough to donate.
    10-24-2011 03:28 PM
    lol...hmmm.. It has been a LOOONG time since I have done a iphone/ipod touch theme. but i may do a few for fun and see if anybody is nice enough to donate.
    cool, keep me posted!
    10-24-2011 03:39 PM
    This was also my main concern switching to the iPhone! My experience so far has been far supirior with the exchange set up on the iPhone than the BES on the BlackBerry. I have had zero problems with the iPhone and syncing to outlook.

I have spent the last 4 or 5 days really trying to set up my phone and getting everything placed where I want.. I have to say that I am completley blown away by what this phone is truly capable of. Coming from the BB, where apps are pretty much non-existant, I was shocked to see all the different types of apps that are available for the iPhone, some useless, but some very very helpful!

The only downside that I have found is that the speaker phone on the iPhone isn't as loud as the bb.

I do miss BBM, but not enough to ever think about going back!

I have been reading the forums like crazy and its amazing how much knowledge and useful information is on here.. I am so glad to see that there arent dozens and dozens of trolls lurking like there were on the crackberrydotcom!
    Please share how you sync to Outlook with "zero problems" Are you using Google sync as an exchange account, or a third party app. Thanks in advance, I do appreciate your help!
    10-24-2011 04:03 PM
    Please share how you sync to Outlook with "zero problems" Are you using Google sync as an exchange account, or a third party app. Thanks in advance, I do appreciate your help!
    I am using Microsoft Exchange. The company I work for has in-house 2010 Microsoft Exchange Servers. I thought it was going to be a nightmare so I had someone from the IT department come help me, but he didnt do anything. (He just watched me incase there were problems). I typed in my email and password, waited about 5 minutes and the next thing I knew all my contacts, emails, tasks, reminders, ect synced flawlessly. I was couldnt believe how easy it was (Nor could my IT guy, he is use to dealing with BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) problems all day long).

Maybe setting up other types of exchange, such as the google sync are more complicated, but when using Microsoft Exchange, it's very easy.
    10-24-2011 04:11 PM
    Thanks for the quick response! I think that may be the case. From all that I have read and "searched", Google Sync as an exchange account will come close, but doesn't directly sync with Outlook.
    10-24-2011 04:21 PM
    I should be getting my iphone 4s on Wednesday and hope to have it set up on Thursday. Our office runs BES too, but only for email and calendar. Right now I sync tasks and memo's to the Blackberry manually using desktop manager.
    I hope to have the same set up on the iphone, BES for email and calendar but i-tunes for memo and task, the people I spoke to at apple thought it should work.
    I'll post my findings when i'm all set up and have had a day or two to play with it.
    10-24-2011 09:00 PM
    I am using Microsoft Exchange. The company I work for has in-house 2010 Microsoft Exchange Servers. I thought it was going to be a nightmare so I had someone from the IT department come help me, but he didnt do anything. (He just watched me incase there were problems). I typed in my email and password, waited about 5 minutes and the next thing I knew all my contacts, emails, tasks, reminders, ect synced flawlessly. I was couldnt believe how easy it was (Nor could my IT guy, he is use to dealing with BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) problems all day long).

Maybe setting up other types of exchange, such as the google sync are more complicated, but when using Microsoft Exchange, it's very easy.
    This was the same for me. I was really concerned but my work Outlook account (and Exchange on the iPhone) actually is working better for me than on my BB. I actually get the emails as soon as they hit my desktop plus I have the calendar entries set to update via the Exchange as well which I couldn't get set up (without using something like Google Sync) on my BB.
    10-24-2011 09:56 PM
    Should i go for iphone or stick to blackberry phone....
    10-24-2011 11:15 PM
    Welcome apple's slave world...
    10-24-2011 11:17 PM
    I should be getting my iphone 4s on Wednesday and hope to have it set up on Thursday. Our office runs BES too, but only for email and calendar. Right now I sync tasks and memo's to the Blackberry manually using desktop manager.
    I hope to have the same set up on the iphone, BES for email and calendar but i-tunes for memo and task, the people I spoke to at apple thought it should work.
    I'll post my findings when i'm all set up and have had a day or two to play with it.
    only blackberrys use bes thats a blackberry only thing sorry your going to have to get your mail and calendar using exchange at work if they offer it
    10-25-2011 12:58 AM
    I've been a long time blackberry abuser, and decided to jump ship to an iphone i will be getting my iphone on Friday and I am excited and nervous at the same time!
    10-25-2011 02:48 AM
    I've been a long time blackberry abuser, and decided to jump ship to an iphone i will be getting my iphone on Friday and I am excited and nervous at the same time!
    dont be.. you will love it. Yes there are a few things you will miss, but overall, you will LOVE IT!!
    10-25-2011 09:09 AM
    Don't be! I was a BB user for 7+ years and the switch to the iPhone was so easy it didn't feel real. The only thing that took me a little while to get use to was the virtual keyboard and no BBM, but other than that it was a breeze! Hope your experience is as wonderful as mine has been. Good Luck!
    10-25-2011 11:42 AM
    Don't be! I was a BB user for 7+ years and the switch to the iPhone was so easy it didn't feel real. The only thing that took me a little while to get use to was the virtual keyboard and no BBM, but other than that it was a breeze! Hope your experience is as wonderful as mine has been. Good Luck!
    If you miss BBM, have your contacts sign up for an account with GroupMe. It goes through your SMS texts. I was a mod in a BBM group, but I'm about to jump ship for iPhone and one of the other mods jumped ship to Android. A few of us signed up for GroupMe and each group is assigned a phone number. You text that number and it goes to all members of the group. You can use the app or you can have it delivered via SMS.

BBM was one of the only reasons I was staying until I found that.
    10-25-2011 03:54 PM
    ive owned three blackberrys in my life and I was an addict at one point but then realized I wanted more function.. so I came back to iphone after trying android..

order of smartphones
    iphone 2g, blackberry storm, blackberry 9630, blackberry bold 9700, nexus one, iphone 4 , iphone 4s
    Last edited by noaim; 10-25-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    10-25-2011 06:51 PM
    I'm also coming from BlackBerry, though this isn't my first switch. I had a Pearl 8100 that I left for the 3GS and then after I cracked my 3GS screen and the phone just ... died, I went back to BlackBerry. Now I'm back with the 4S and plan on staying for a long time. iPhones just work and do so beautifully.
    10-25-2011 08:41 PM
    If you miss BBM, have your contacts sign up for an account with GroupMe. It goes through your SMS texts. I was a mod in a BBM group, but I'm about to jump ship for iPhone and one of the other mods jumped ship to Android. A few of us signed up for GroupMe and each group is assigned a phone number. You text that number and it goes to all members of the group. You can use the app or you can have it delivered via SMS.

BBM was one of the only reasons I was staying until I found that.
    That is good to know.. I am going to see if i can get them to sign up for this. This would be a great feature and i would never ever think about going back to bb for bbm again.
    10-26-2011 11:45 AM
    I am about to make the switch as well. I went out and bought the 9930, for full price after dealing with issues with my DroidX, and am totally regretting my decision.. All the phone has is a touch screen and keyboard. The "app world" is laughable, how can you not have a calorie counter or tumblr app?!

Hopefully it will be a smooth transition.
    10-27-2011 12:17 PM
    I am about to make the switch as well. I went out and bought the 9930, for full price after dealing with issues with my DroidX, and am totally regretting my decision.. All the phone has is a touch screen and keyboard. The "app world" is laughable, how can you not have a calorie counter or tumblr app?!

Hopefully it will be a smooth transition.
    dont feel bad cuz on aug 21 i was at sprint store buying a 9930 at full price. after about a month i felt like i had another normal blackberry. yeach touchscreen was smooth and nice and keyboard too. but apps suck on app world and so many of my bbm contacts are gone to iphone or android. so decision was easy for me. i paid $525 for 9930. but i sold 9650 for $150 and an old 8530 for $50 bucks.so i got 9930 new for $325 after all of that. so what i did to get iphone4S was to add an extra line to my sprint family...paid $213 for iphone. i sold my ipod touch gen 4 32gb for $225 on used in MINT conditions. i sold it since i have an iphone now why have it u know. then 2 days ago i sold my 9930 used MINT conditions on amazon for $400. then i called sprint. cancelled new line and transferred iphone to my blackberry line. yeah i paid $350 ETF fees. so after this whole mission i had $62 dollars in my pockets...LoL sorry if i confused anyone. i dont regret it one bit...totally love my iphone 4s.
    10-27-2011 12:31 PM
    I've had mine about 24 hours now. Typical Rogers issue with switching from bberry to iphone service, but since that's done, all is pretty good. I do miss the physical keyboard, but am getting used to it and battery life seems very good so far
    10-27-2011 12:41 PM
    i got the iphone4s on october 14...by october 15 i didnt miss the physical keyboard anymore. apple hands down makes the best and most accurate touchscreen
    10-27-2011 01:07 PM
    i got the iphone4s on october 14...by october 15 i didnt miss the physical keyboard anymore. apple hands down makes the best and most accurate touchscreen
    agreed... and the type correction for the most part is pretty accurate. better than it was on my BB.
    10-27-2011 01:11 PM
    i love it how it memorizes what you type and how you type it. my wife name is stephanie...but we all call her bibi. i remember 1st time typing bibi it tried to fix it for me with another word..i hit the X and now everything i type bib it adds the last i instantly...love that
    10-27-2011 01:16 PM
    Just got my first iPhone yesterday. I have been a BB user for over 4 years. Have nothing bad to say about BB, just needed to try something different. So far the experience has been great, but will have to adjust to the different battery life. Love the speed!
    _heatherly likes this.
    10-27-2011 01:19 PM
    Ok folks, I have one for you. I used to use this neat little program for BlackBerry called "ontocalendar" - it was a great way to take an email and create a calendar entry from that email. a great reminder tool (it could do the same for tasks) - any ideas if I can do that on my iphone 4s??
    10-27-2011 02:12 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD