is the iphone4S for me? (wifi capabilities questions)

wylderubicon

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
hello everyone, I'm new here. I tried searching, but im not finding out solid answers to my specific questions, so please help me out if you can.

I'm planning on switching to the iphone4S from a blackberry, but i'm not sure if it will be the best move for me.

I currently work in a location where I have zero signal. I turn the radio off all day to preserve battery life.
With my blackberry, with Wifi only, I can still be very productive with fast emails, BBM, long battery life. However with the Rim's future not looking so bright, I would like to give the iphone a try.

1- imassage: Can I send a message over wifi to some who DOES NOT have and iphone?

2- how fast are my emails compared to BB? I understand I can optimize the push/fetch features, but will maximizing this result in extremely poor battery life? and what are the additional concerns doing so on Wifi only?

thanks!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
1. iMessage is iPhone only just like bbm is blackberry only .. However there is text apps the allow u to text over wifi in the app store it will be a diff phone number but it will work. Alot of people use this on iPods

2. I personally had a gmail on bb and then on iPhone I set my gmail as a exchange server option with fetching set to manual and set to push. I have. Not had a issue email come across pretty much instant. And your email will work just fine on wifi

On a side. Not people are reporting the 4s antenna is really good vs other phones and iPhones do you a really might get signal where your working.

I was a bb user for over 3 years and have never looked back. Anything you want can be done its just the matter of finding a app or how to accomplish it .

I haven't seen a bb that can VPN into a network and use remote desktop to control.a computer like my iPhone. Can.

wylderubicon

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
re

thanks for the reply Peligro911

could you point me the the texting app you are thinking of? Would like to look into them. I've tried whatsapp, liveprofile and kik .

they all require both users to have the app, and im looking to avoid that.

great to hear about the emails though.

yeah i'm pretty much committed to getting the iphone!

thanks again!

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've used textplus on my ipad over wifi to text to other cellphone users and it doesn't require them to have the app. As noted, it does require another number/username, but that can be managed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2