So I'm new to the iPhone world since last Friday. Been with Sprint so this is like heaven on earth.

I've loved my past Blackberry's because of their battery life. Might have to say the iPhone has an equal or longer life. I've been able to have heavy email and text usage and 4-5 hours of calls a day and still have charge left at the end of the day. Try that with an Android.

The flow and appearance are much like the Blackberry, not not in that way heck no, but where things are is logical, or that you are entering text to an email field and they keyboard shows an "@" sign. I guess a better way to say is you can count on it to be and look a certain way.

Holy cow the camera, the camera on my last BB was so $h_ty. The pictures from the iPhone are amazing. The color, clarity, the picture is so good it can make a dumpy place look good!

I could go on and on about everything I love. This is supposed to be a post on what I don't like...
    I hit the end of the battery tonight, while on a phone call. Just one warning beep, a beep similar to what you get when getting another call, nothing more. Wish I had more advance warning, you can wrap it up. Oh well. Now I should freak out right and say how this phone sucks, I'm taking it back, etc. right? Never, I'm in love. I'm over my crack addiction and loving my iPhone!
    10-20-2011 12:32 AM
    That's interesting. I don't own a 4S yet (hopefully tomorrow), but on all previous models it showed an alert at 20%, then make a tone at 10% with an alert. It never has made a tone right before it turns off.
    10-20-2011 12:42 AM
    My 4s does the 20 and 10 just like all previous models
    10-20-2011 01:26 AM
    I prefer the simple warnings at 20% and 10%...i prefer my phone not kill my battery further by giving me 100 notifications that the battery is close to dead, lol...seems a bit counter productive.
    10-20-2011 07:58 AM
    My 4s does the 20 and 10 just like all previous models
    same here...
    10-20-2011 09:46 AM
    What I would like to see is an estimated "time" left based on your usage patterns.

Sure, 20% is great, but how long should that last me doing what I normally do (or alternatively, what I am doing right now).

Sort of like cards have an estimated number of miles left based on driving patterns. I wouldn't expect it to be down to the second accurate, but knowing if I have 5 minutes left or 2 hours would be nice.

Of course, then some people would complain "my phone said I have 10 minutes left, so I hung up, but it was still going 1/2 hour later!"

Chris
    10-20-2011 01:00 PM
    That's interesting. I don't own a 4S yet (hopefully tomorrow), but on all previous models it showed an alert at 20%, then make a tone at 10% with an alert. It never has made a tone right before it turns off.
    BTW, did you have the % of battery use remaining indicator toggled on? or only the picture of the battery life remaining on the top of the phone?
    10-20-2011 01:48 PM
    I do have the battery % turned on, that is really cool.
    I did get the 20% warning last night, but ran the battery out while talking on the phone. Never saw the 10% warning since I was talking. My previous Blackberry would beep while on the phone, you had lots of beeps, lots of warning that the juice was about done. I figured with the 20% left I had lots of juice, but used that in about 30 minutes of talking. Guess I was just expecting that I'd have some beeps of warning.

Like cjvitek's idea of anticipated usage time would be awesome when the warnings pop-up.

This post was mostly tongue in cheek. I'm loving this phone and this isn't going to change my mind. I'm reading the posts and laughing of people who say something like, my box has a small tear should I return the phone, or I smudged my glass I can't believe Apple would make such crap. There is so much to love about this phone. This is a truly grass is greener here situation.
    10-20-2011 04:01 PM
    I probably haven't totally killed mine at the end of a day yet because I use my car charger on the way in to work and on the way home. At around midnight to 1am, I still have 46 to 50% of my batter left.That never happened before with my EVO. And that is with Bluetooth and WiFi on, e-mail, twitter, web, search. Still haven't downloaded or played any games yet.
    Last edited by DARK_BLU; 10-20-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    10-20-2011 04:09 PM
    I had a brief love affair with an Evo. It was short lived because of the juice addiction it had. I'd never make it to lunch with the stock battery, tried a 3500mAh battery from Gorilla Gadgets that was better but i still was out of juice at the end of the day always. I'm not going to shut everything down to save battery, why have a smart phone then? It is amazing how long the iPhone battery is lasting!
    10-20-2011 04:15 PM
    I wish I had good battery life on my 4s....I dunno what you people are doing to get it! Unfair!
    10-20-2011 04:31 PM
    I prefer the simple warnings at 20% and 10%...i prefer my phone not kill my battery further by giving me 100 notifications that the battery is close to dead, lol...seems a bit counter productive.
    I agree 100%
    10-20-2011 08:29 PM
    I wish I had good battery life on my 4s....I dunno what you people are doing to get it! Unfair!
    Try turning off your weather location services..did it for me.
    10-20-2011 08:30 PM
    What I would like to see is an estimated "time" left based on your usage patterns.

Sure, 20% is great, but how long should that last me doing what I normally do (or alternatively, what I am doing right now).

Sort of like cards have an estimated number of miles left based on driving patterns. I wouldn't expect it to be down to the second accurate, but knowing if I have 5 minutes left or 2 hours would be nice.

Of course, then some people would complain "my phone said I have 10 minutes left, so I hung up, but it was still going 1/2 hour later!"

Chris
    that would be cool
    10-20-2011 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD