I don't understand why people get white ones. They eventually get so dirty and filthy looking after so long. I'm getting the black.
    Seriously? How many "filthy looking" iPhones have you seen?? The white is UNDER the glass, genius. It will never look filthy. In fact, most people agree that the white looks cleaner because you can't see fingerprints like you can on the black one.

I had a black iPhone 4 - loved it. I didn't like the white one at first, but I'm a tad OCD and was forever cleaning my black iPhone 4 to get fingerprints off. I got the white 4S and totally love it.
    10-20-2011 02:17 PM
    In my experience I have seen only women with the white iphone 4. They usually have either a pink, purple or lime green bumper as well.
    10-20-2011 03:24 PM
    I went with black as I had never seen a white in person and I have never liked other brand of white phones. White to me is a girl phone color (BTW, I am a female but after seeing the white iPhone in person, I can see a guy liking it. For a short time I had buyer's remorse thinking I should have gotten the white instead, but I am happy with my black. My phone is always in a case, so it isn't a big deal either way.
    10-20-2011 04:55 PM
    I got the white one, because my 4 was black, and I wanted something different. I really do like it white. I looks different, not like every other phone on the market.
    ^^^^^same here
    10-20-2011 05:46 PM
    I'm gonna say it.... The white one is girly...
    10-20-2011 07:46 PM
    I wouldn't say the white one is girly, at least not naked. Adding the colored bumpers to it and it's easy to make it look like a girly phone. I have the white one. I got it because I originally wanted the white one when the iPhone 4 first came out. I sold my black iPhone 4 to get the white iPhone 4, which I paid full price for.
    10-20-2011 07:52 PM
    Seriously? How many "filthy looking" iPhones have you seen?? The white is UNDER the glass, genius. It will never look filthy. In fact, most people agree that the white looks cleaner because you can't see fingerprints like you can on the black one.

I had a black iPhone 4 - loved it. I didn't like the white one at first, but I'm a tad OCD and was forever cleaning my black iPhone 4 to get fingerprints off. I got the white 4S and totally love it.
    relax tough guy...I've seen some iPhone 4's that don't look as bright as they used to. And I agree with all these other people, every time I picture the white one in my head a female is holding it.
    10-20-2011 08:37 PM
    Pretty sure the white ones are selling really well since they were available at launch. But I still think the black probably sells more overall because it's more standard issue. And I liked that Chapelle's Show reference earlier in this thread. Never gets old.
    10-20-2011 08:46 PM
    It's almost like every time I see a review on an iPhone, their using a white one in a photo or video. I'm into the whole storm trooper kinda thing about it, but I couldn't imagine having a white one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-20-2011 08:58 PM
    relax tough guy...I've seen some iPhone 4's that don't look as bright as they used to. And I agree with all these other people, every time I picture the white one in my head a female is holding it.
    Please don't call me a guy. I'm a girl. A girl with a white iPhone 4s. And I'm so not tough, quite non confrontational in real life glad I could sound macho online though lol
    10-20-2011 09:10 PM
    I don't understand why people get white ones. They eventually get so dirty and filthy looking after so long. I'm getting the black.
    ahh, yes. that was my other reason.
    ok, can we just establish that white iPhones are for girls and black ones are for boys?
    in closing, boys rule, girls drool.
    10-20-2011 09:26 PM
    White seems to sell out quicker but that may because they made fewer.

White is way better about fingerprints.
    10-22-2011 03:48 PM
    Uhh...So if you can't see the dirt does that mean it's not there??

I had a black iPhone 4 and now a white iPhone 4S...I actually clean my iPhone often, so dirt is a non issue..
    10-22-2011 04:16 PM
    White 4S here, male gender also. I don't really think it looks girly, just nicer. I had the black iPhone 4 prior to this and I'm really digging the black. I have a black/clear bumper on i, storm trooper style.
    If you can't be macho with a white phone, then you just have to examine yourself more carefully.
    10-22-2011 07:37 PM
    Something about the black iPhone, just looks sexy!
    10-22-2011 08:24 PM
    White iPhone 4S with the white Gameboy Silicone Case it does not look girly.
    10-22-2011 08:39 PM
    IMHO, Black is for men, white appears to be for the ladies. (Much like a Miata is a girls car.)

10-23-2011 12:09 PM
    Black, with the grey and gold otter box. My boyfriend has the white iPhone 4 with the white bumper.
    10-23-2011 12:12 PM
    People just like the feeling of standing out, or having something limited edition. Like when the sidekick was a "hot item", people were really trying to get the "limited edition" ones just because too many people had the normal colored one.

I have the black 64gb mainly because I can put any color case on it and it looks presentable. Not so much with the white. I wouldn't dare carry an iphone without a case. This is my first, and I've heard stories.
    10-23-2011 07:18 PM
    I don't think Apple makes as many white iPhones as they do black ones do they? I know personally since the release of the white iPhone it is the only one I purchase I love the pure fun look and somewhat different look it has.
    10-23-2011 09:04 PM
    White is too clean and bland.
    10-23-2011 09:08 PM
    I'm in the army we're all about clean and bland
    10-23-2011 09:24 PM
    I guess Im lost as to why so many feel the white iPhone is girly. I have a white iPhone 4S and I love it!! Im 64 285 lbs ALL MAN. Nothing in my DNA or daily living suggest anything girly about me. I understand its personal preference. Some like the white just to be different, some like the white to stand out. Some like me enjoy the white iPhone because we just like the white iPhone (nothing more, nothing less). Ive had every iPhone since the 1st one and whenever they offer one in white I get it. I just like the white iPhone. Since when did a color become only for certain genders? If you like the white iPhone and you wanna spend your hard earned money on it then get. I guess its just me. Im more concerned about those who feel like they have to carry a black iPhone to justify their man hood. If a certain color helps you feel more of a man then thats a serious problem.
    10-24-2011 10:20 AM
    White ones everywhereee here! I like the white myself but I have a black for now... gonna possible get a white 4S
    10-24-2011 11:43 AM
    I guess Im lost as to why so many feel the white iPhone is girly. I have a white iPhone 4S and I love it!! Im 64 285 lbs ALL MAN. Nothing in my DNA or daily living suggest anything girly about me. I understand its personal preference. Some like the white just to be different, some like the white to stand out. Some like me enjoy the white iPhone because we just like the white iPhone (nothing more, nothing less). Ive had every iPhone since the 1st one and whenever they offer one in white I get it. I just like the white iPhone. Since when did a color become only for certain genders? If you like the white iPhone and you wanna spend your hard earned money on it then get. I guess its just me. Im more concerned about those who feel like they have to carry a black iPhone to justify their man hood. If a certain color helps you feel more of a man then thats a serious problem.
    Had no idea the white iPhone was considered girly. Wonder who came up with that one. I'm a soldier in the us army with 4 tours a level 4 in combatives and compete in MMA in my free time along with a team of other soldier who do the same thing 7 out of our 12 man team have iPhones, 5 of those being white. Nothing about us is girly and have never been associate with being girly for our phones. Now if it was in a pink case ehh you might have an argument lol.
    10-24-2011 01:44 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD