Make the jump? or wait for next iPhone?

nibbz430

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have wanted an iPhone since the 3GS. When the MotoDroid came out, I was thrilled to have something like the iPhone on verizon, but I purchased it at the point where it was already obsolete (6 months after release). I lived with it, tried and tried to convince my mom to let me use an extra upgrade on the iPhone4 when it came to verizon and failed. Started to stop using the Droids biggest features because it got to the point where the phone was too slow to function well. Finally earlier this month before the 4S came out, I bought my sisters old Droid Incredible for $50.

It is a huge step up from the MotoDroid, a lot faster, does everything I want it to, and, before the iPhone4S was even revealed, I made the decision to skip whatever iPhone they put out, and just wait for the next one which is sure to have 4G LTE and be a big leap from the 4. The Incredible can hold me over to that point I feel.

Well the 4S came and was released, my brother and a couple friends got it, and now I want it. I'm tired of waiting for the iPhone, but I'm nervous upgrading because I don't know when Apple is gonna turn around and release a newer, faster, bigger, badder iPhone, and we all know the next one is going to be all of the above. I will have an upgrade when that one is released however, it's just a matter of reselling the 4S and using my upgrade. I'd be using my grandfather's upgrade for the 4s.

So what do you think judging from my view on the iphone and the future of iphone considering my current situation with the Incredible and upgrades. Thank you for any and all responses.

bphelminski

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, in general there will always be a newer, faster, better, etc, etc phone coming out. In the past, Apple has only released 1 new phone per year. There is some speculation that the next one will be coming sooner, but who knows if that is true. The most recent speculation I've seen says summer 2012. So, if you can wait that long, go right ahead. But, if you're always concerned about a better, faster, newer phone coming out, you will never buy a new one.

In my opinion, just go for the 4S now. If you are truly that disappointed when the next phone is announced, sell your 4S and buy that phone.

My $0.02 for whatever it's worth...

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I am in the exact same boat. I have a droid x2 and am SICK AND TIRED of the phone freezing up and rebooting as well as the horrible lag.

But I am in the same predicament.......use upgrade now on 4s and have to pay full retail in 2012 when iphone 5 comes out.....or deal with this droid x 2 for another 9 months or more.......

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
If you stay on the fence waiting for the next thing, you'll always be stuck waiting. However If you have the money, there is nothing wrong with getting the 4S.

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Crud, I stayed on the fence in Feb when Verizion got the 4, and resisted all the Droids that were coming out and to what end. Well, I am happy with the 4s I received last Friday. I am having some Android withdrawal symptoms, but each day I learn more.

Heck, the kicker with this waiting for the next, best, is that when I was pre-ordering the 4s I saw where Verizon was giving people a 20 month early upgrade. So, I could have got the 4 in Feb and the 4s in Sept. at the $199 price point for the 16gb unit.

So, get it.

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
If you stay on the fence waiting for the next thing, you'll always be stuck waiting. However If you have the money, there is nothing wrong with getting the 4S.

Plus someone made the point of selling their iphone 4 for over 400 dollars and buying the iP4s off contract for the same price as one would for an upgrade. I don't know about android phones, but iPhone really hold resale value when taken care of. If you want to make the leap, do it; if in 2012 the iPhone 5 blows you away enough it will be worth 50-100 dollars more to get it off contract.

nibbz430

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, you all echo my sentiments exactly. What's great is the luxury of an extra upgrade. My grandfather never uses his upgrade, so I'm using that now for the 4S, and when the next one comes out, if I want it, I can get it with my upgrade. In the end I could end up making like 100 after reselling my 4S and using that cash to get the next iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77