I cant seem to figure it out... I send a lot of funny mp3's and such to my friend.

How do you do it on an iphone?
    10-19-2011 11:01 AM
    You can send an mp3 by email, but not mms. On the iPhone, mms is reserved for pictures and video.

Of course, if you want to create a sound to send, just cover your camera and speak.
    10-19-2011 11:12 AM
    You can't...however, there is a work around...you can use the voice memo feature to record the MP3, and then send it through email that way. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for a jailbreak to have any kind of file management when it comes to sending/receiving, etc files outside of pictures and videos...
    10-19-2011 11:15 AM
    seriously??
    this completely sophisticated phone cant send an mp3 or wav in an mms???
    my old junky BB storm2 could do it....

ok.. how do I attach a sound to an email in the phone?
    where are the ringtones/sounds that you can send?
    10-19-2011 11:16 AM
    seriously??
    this completely sophisticated phone cant send an mp3 or wav in an mms???
    my old junky BB storm2 could do it....

ok.. how do I attach a sound to an email in the phone?
    where are the ringtones/sounds that you can send?
    lmao...Perhaps you should go back to your Storm?
    10-19-2011 11:20 AM
    Just FYI...the voice memo feature can now send files via MMS...just saw that on the app itself.
    10-19-2011 11:23 AM
    yes... i saw that, but seems lame to have to record a sound with the mic to send.

i did find that if you email the MP3 to your phone using your vz# xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com you can then edit/forward it to others. But it seems REALLY lame to have to do that.

and i did find that if you save the m4a into your phone using an existing voice note file name, you can do then send it....

but on my storm, i could save the sound off the web onto the phone... then just send

and ha.. i will NEVER go back to my storm lol

so far, only miss a few things
    email is better
    sending sounds
    ringtone options are much better
    and a status light
    10-19-2011 11:34 AM
    I cant seem to figure it out... I send a lot of funny mp3's and such to my friend.

How do you do it on an iphone?

I, for one, am VERY glad that my friends cannot send me "funny sounds" via MMS.

LOL
    Nanci likes this.
    10-19-2011 11:43 AM
    Ringtone options? I can't think of a better option than having your entire library useable as a ringtone...lol (not to mention an infinite amount of DL'able online tones from any website that uses an mp3)

I'll give you the email part, but honestly, you're fighting a titan when it comes to email and BB devices.

...the sending audio thing though, i can't see why this would be such an issue, considering everything is located online anyways...why not hyperlink in an MMS and let them use their data to go to the file itself? Seems better to me, cause i wouldn't have to eat the data of sending it!
    10-19-2011 11:48 AM
    How do you pick a song as a ring tone??

in bb you can have any wav, mp3, etc as a ringtone... save it from online/mms/email and set as ringtone, then in email/mms you can send any ringtone/mp3/wav/etc to anyone.

i do this cause my buddy has a dumbphone
    10-19-2011 12:22 PM
    How do you pick a song as a ring tone??

in bb you can have any wav, mp3, etc as a ringtone... save it from online/mms/email and set as ringtone, then in email/mms you can send any ringtone/mp3/wav/etc to anyone.

i do this cause my buddy has a dumbphone
    I'll just link you to one of a million write ups on it (actually, linked a video so its easier)...or suggest you download one of the hundreds of 3rd party apps that do it for you.

10-19-2011 12:31 PM
    i use audacity to create the m4a then change it to m4r but i have no Ringtone option in iTunes??

ok found out how to enable the ringtone source, but now, it wiped all my music off the phone AND didnt load the ringtone!!!
    Last edited by Static_FX; 10-19-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    10-19-2011 01:08 PM
    Not sure how to help you there man, you'd have to walk us through how you did it and all...i've never personally encountered an issue of any kind with the ringtone/text tone sync...
    10-19-2011 01:34 PM
    Figured it out. Just had to re sync again and it's there. Just wish we could send it from the phone.
    10-19-2011 04:55 PM
    the best way to do it is download adapter and convert all the files that u would like to send to m4a then open up itunes and add those m4a files in and then once uploaded right click to get info and select options and under media kind change it from music to voice memo then sync ur phone and look under the voice memos and it should be there then u may send/share it as u please. -Zack
    Questions or concerns feel free to email me: [redacted]
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 05-29-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    05-29-2013 05:44 PM
    I don't know about mms but yeah u can send voice messages and sound there should be a mix button right beside the space that allow u to send voice messages and stuff
    05-29-2013 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD