Dialer that works with OS 5

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Coming from years of android I just can't get the hang of the phone dialer. With almost 1000 contacts it takes forever to scroll and it doesn't default to top for search. I want a solid app that uses keypad to search or dial via T9

I have searches the app store and read many reviews and most say doesn't work with OS 5. Curious to what the pros are using or if there is a easier way to use stock dialer I am missing.

Thanks

plex03

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Instead of scrolling, over on the right side of the "Contacts" screen there's a vertical alphabet. Just touch the letter that is the first letter in the person's last name and you can avoid scrolling through a litany of contacts.

With a ton of contacts, I find that's the easiest way aside from telling Siri to do it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to use the phone app at all to "search" for contacts...if you swipe over to the left, and simply search for the contact you need to call, it'll bring up everything related to that person, including the ability to place a phone call to them...

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Instead of scrolling, over on the right side of the "Contacts" screen there's a vertical alphabet. Just touch the letter that is the first letter in the person's last name and you can avoid scrolling through a litany of contacts.

With a ton of contacts, I find that's the easiest way aside from telling Siri to do it.

Thanks. I do use the letters on the side. But still yet there are many contacts for each letter. Then when you choose on it takes you to there contact info so there's another button to push. I just want to start dialing and boom it starts listing names. There has to be a app for that.

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to use the phone app at all to "search" for contacts...if you swipe over to the left, and simply search for the contact you need to call, it'll bring up everything related to that person, including the ability to place a phone call to them...

That works a little faster. Thanks for the advise.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I do use the letters on the side. But still yet there are many contacts for each letter. Then when you choose on it takes you to there contact info so there's another button to push. I just want to start dialing and boom it starts listing names. There has to be a app for that.

There isn't an app to do what you want to do direct from the dialer, but if you open up the phone app, go to the contacts section, then tap right between the time and where it says contacts, that will scroll you all the way to the top of the contact list where there is also a search bar where you can start searching for contacts by typing their name.

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
There isn't an app to do what you want to do direct from the dialer, but if you open up the phone app, go to the contacts section, then tap right between the time and where it says contacts, that will scroll you all the way to the top of the contact list where there is also a search bar where you can start searching for contacts by typing their name.

Wow so Many tricks to this phone. Seems apple thinks of it all you just have to find it. I have been around apple for years, 2 macs, 2 iPads, and my wife's iPhone 4 but it just seems your phone is way more important to learn. In my opinion it is the on gadget in our lives that needs to be effortless.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Compared to every other phone out there on the market...the iPhone is BY FAR the most effortless. You have an issue that most people have found an easy and second nature way of taking care of...truth be told, i can't think of a more effortless way to call a contact in a saturated address book than searching by name and having every type of contact option available to you instantaneously...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
At the very top of the list of letters on the right side of the contacts list (it is the same in the "contacts" tab of the phone app) is a magnifying glass. Tapping the magnifying glass takes you to the top of your contact list and gives you a search field... Just start typing the name and it should take right to the contact that you are searching for,

michaelone#IM

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Siri to dial. Works very well. it will try your contact list first then try the web. I just asked it to call my towing company. It didn't find it in my contacts, but it pulled it up correctly from the web. Pretty cool.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR