Siri voice!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think my situation more common than you think. There are plenty of people in the US who speak with British accents. New York is full of them.

I'm not sure the definition you hold with the word "common" but...lol...there are just a hair over 300,000,000 people living in the united states, and of the millions of those people using the iPhone 4S, i would guess the amount of people running into your problem is very limited, and not common (as i understand the definition) at all...

That said...Im sure there will be refinements with this, especially with the jailbreak crowd, so i don't see it being a huge deal at all, even if Apple never addresses it themselves.

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
I'm not sure the definition you hold with the word "common" but...lol...there are just a hair over 300,000,000 people living in the united states, and of the millions of those people using the iPhone 4S, i would guess the amount of people running into your problem is very limited, and not common (as i understand the definition) at all...

That said...Im sure there will be refinements with this, especially with the jailbreak crowd, so i don't see it being a huge deal at all, even if Apple never addresses it themselves.

Most people living in the US do not have an iPhone. iPhone ownership is concentrated in major cities on the cost which is also where you will find most UK expats. A large number of people also visit the US from the UK and those with a 4s would probably love the SIri map features to work (if only to find the 24hr Apple store on 5th Ave).

I am not sure how you would jail break the Siri query engine. It appears to be running on Apple's servers.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Most people living in the US do not have an iPhone. iPhone ownership is concentrated in major cities on the cost which is also where you will find most UK expats. A large number of people also visit the US from the UK and those with a 4s would probably love the SIri map features to work (if only to find the 24hr Apple store on 5th Ave).

I am not sure how you would jail break the Siri query engine. It appears to be running on Apple's servers.

Are you still arguing the commonness of the issue you have? lol...Seriously bud, you're talking an extremely small concentration of people in this country who share your issue with Siri...but if it helps you sleep at night thinking there are lots of people with the same problem, more power to you, lol.

The jail breakers have their ways...we've seen this a hundred times in the past where they found work arounds for things considered extremely difficult or impossible based on how Apple ran things on the iPhone, i have no doubt Siri will be included is this as well.

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
The jail breakers have their ways...we've seen this a hundred times in the past where they found work arounds for things considered extremely difficult or impossible based on how Apple ran things on the iPhone, i have no doubt Siri will be included is this as well.

Jail breaking allows someone to install software on their phone not authorized by Apple. It does not let them install unauthorized software on Apple's servers. That would be a crime, literally.

Crisdean

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey I'm tempting to get the 4S and would prefer the female voice. Never had a male assistant. Features on a world phone should not be limited. However, it's still beta so let's wait and see.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Jail breaking allows someone to install software on their phone not authorized by Apple. It does not let them install unauthorized software on Apple's servers. That would be a crime, literally.

Who said anything about installing anything on Apple Servers? Tricking a server is an entirely different monster and I'm sure that this would only require a little trickery. Why would anyone need to install anything? Jailbreaking allows you to do anything that your software empowers your iPhone to get done. That could be anything from hacking nearby cellphones and computers to stealing ATM or Alarm codes. A genius with too much time on his hands could create an app to do whatever he wants. Because Jailbreaking allows him to put that app on his phone. So.. You get it..but you don't get it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Captain obvious...what makes you think adjustments to Siri cannot be done on the hardware itself? Are you fooling yourself? lol...and when did jail broken options become a 100% legitimate and legal process anyways?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the whole point of this Thread has changed. Can we get back to the point of Siri's voice. Lets assume that Apple will eventually give us the choice after it finishes it's beta. What would you pick and why?

Personally I like the male voice for reasons explained right at the beginning but does anyone know why most devices use female voices?? I know... I'm just asking if you do!

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeh I see that. Imagine celeb voices one day.... Mr T for example. "Siri, map a route to the airport" "I ain't goin' on no plane fool"

@dp_scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73