The jail breakers have their ways...we've seen this a hundred times in the past where they found work arounds for things considered extremely difficult or impossible based on how Apple ran things on the iPhone, i have no doubt Siri will be included is this as well.
    Jail breaking allows someone to install software on their phone not authorized by Apple. It does not let them install unauthorized software on Apple's servers. That would be a crime, literally.
    10-21-2011 09:52 PM
    Hey I'm tempting to get the 4S and would prefer the female voice. Never had a male assistant. Features on a world phone should not be limited. However, it's still beta so let's wait and see.
    10-22-2011 03:52 PM
    Jail breaking allows someone to install software on their phone not authorized by Apple. It does not let them install unauthorized software on Apple's servers. That would be a crime, literally.
    Who said anything about installing anything on Apple Servers? Tricking a server is an entirely different monster and I'm sure that this would only require a little trickery. Why would anyone need to install anything? Jailbreaking allows you to do anything that your software empowers your iPhone to get done. That could be anything from hacking nearby cellphones and computers to stealing ATM or Alarm codes. A genius with too much time on his hands could create an app to do whatever he wants. Because Jailbreaking allows him to put that app on his phone. So.. You get it..but you don't get it.
    10-22-2011 04:47 PM
    Captain obvious...what makes you think adjustments to Siri cannot be done on the hardware itself? Are you fooling yourself? lol...and when did jail broken options become a 100% legitimate and legal process anyways?
    10-22-2011 08:50 PM
    I think the whole point of this Thread has changed. Can we get back to the point of Siri's voice. Lets assume that Apple will eventually give us the choice after it finishes it's beta. What would you pick and why?

Personally I like the male voice for reasons explained right at the beginning but does anyone know why most devices use female voices?? I know... I'm just asking if you do!
    10-24-2011 10:23 AM
    I personally like the australian female voice...it doesn't have such a "robotic" tone to it. A bit more fluid...
    10-24-2011 10:25 AM
    Yeh I see that. Imagine celeb voices one day.... Mr T for example. "Siri, map a route to the airport" "I ain't goin' on no plane fool"

@dp_scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-24-2011 05:57 PM
    I use the Australian female voice as it is much better sounding than the UK or US
    10-24-2011 06:10 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD