text size in safari

Joan SC

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this has been covered, but I have spent enough time trying to figure this out.
When I'm in Safari on IPhone 4s, I can't pinch to zoom, tap etc to make the text bigger, or to zoom in on one part of the article. In portrait or landscape, the text size remains the same.
Do I have a setting set incorrectly?
Thanks!!

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I bet you it has to do with the web site you are viewing. I notice that most sites are as you describe but they are the mobile sites, not the true desktop sites. I can go to hokiessports.com/football/schedule and at that site use the double tap to zoom in or pinch etc.

The sad thing is that there is not a setting to go to the full site. U have to get another browser that allows your browser to be id'ed as a desktop browser.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If these are mobile sites, they are formatted specifically for your screen so that you should never need to zoom in.

If these are desktop sites, I have never heard of anyone with this issue so I'm not quite sure what to say :/

Joan SC

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Let me explain...if I'm on, say, CNN website and I want to zoom in or make the text bigger, I THOUGHT I am supposed to double tap or something. Nothing happens when I do. Also, I thought the word READER is supposed to appear in the address bar, so once clicked, you could read it later.
My eyes arent that bad, but when I had my droid, I could "pinch out" and whatever web page I was looking at, the letters became bigger and re-fit itself on my screen.
I believe in one of the promos for this phone, I saw someone pinching out and the font got bigger on a web page.
I also know about going into settings and making ALL font bigger, but then it doesn't refit itself to your screen, so you constantly have to scroll back and forth.
Thanks and sorry I'm not clear!!!!

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i noticed the same problem on mine, i did some reading and apparently its all about how the site is coded they can actually turn off the ability for you to zoom etc. on the site side. sucks some sites are really small and wont refit the text to fit on the screen its pretty annoying.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
usually the mobile sites have a "exit mobile view" or "view full web site" option at the bottom of the page.. not sure on all them however.

Are there other browsers available for the iPhone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods