I know that some do not still have their phone, especially pre-orders, but overall, it seems like Apple had a more adequate stock of iPhones this time. I guess we all try to improve ourselves and they are doing a much better job.
    This despite the luke warm reception upon the announcement.
    10-17-2011 11:27 PM
    With as many pre orders as they got I think they understood and handled the demand better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-18-2011 12:36 AM
    Last time they had half the inventory. White was decided last second to be pulled for pre-orders and sales
    10-18-2011 12:42 AM
    With as many pre orders as they got I think they understood and handled the demand better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that the pre-orders didn't have much to do with it
    10-18-2011 01:00 AM
    Rumor is they had more than 5 million phones available for shipment on launch day. They would have been building that inventory for months. Pre-order sales has nothing to do with being prepared with inventory...
    10-18-2011 03:55 AM
    Rumor is they had more than 5 million phones available for shipment on launch day. They would have been building that inventory for months.
    Was this ever verified? I would think that Apple would throttle the supply even if they had 5 million + units available. It would increase the demand and keep the product highly saught after and then larger shipments could be made towards the end of November for Holiday sales.

I don't know that Apple utilized this business model for the iP4s or if they worked to get as many units available. typically throttling supply is a good business move for new products, as you have the safety net of keeping units in warehouses and not stores, making recalling a failed product easier (I am thinking HP TouchPad here...and what they SHOULD have done). Apple knew that the iP4s would be a success, and may have gone in the completely oppisite direction to meet the immediate demand as much as possible as Tim Hewitt said...
    10-18-2011 08:55 AM
    Plus they had an extra few months to get more stock.
    10-18-2011 09:14 AM
    Hopefully the 5 gets a smooth release. And hopefully all carriers, and not just an exclusive.
    10-18-2011 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD