4 Days Later and still lines

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
So I just went to the apple store just to look around because sometimes I do that (weird I know I love apple whatever). So back on point their are still lines here for the 4S. I was like wow that is nuts. I actually thought they were sold out but apparently not. Anyone else experiencing this in their area. I'm in Columbia Maryland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I went into a Best Buy, no pre order, walked out with an iphone 4s on friday. My sister upgrade was not up till Sunday and got her 4s around noon yesterday. Try other stores.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple stores always seem to have lines. I think the main reason being there are so few of them compared to other stores that sell apple products. I walked into radioshack on launch day and there was 1 other person in the store getting an iphone.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah there was a line at the apple store in Albany NY when I was there today at noon. Unfortunately they were out of the 16gb white.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I was at the Galleria in STL yesterday and it was easily 200 people long for the iPhone line. They would take in 5 at a time.

lennyj17

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Went to the Sprint today with my iPhone and my old Android to transfer my numbers. Thinking it would safe and clear because the massive weekend rush was over...HOLY HELL the Sprint stores here in NYC were packed like Rush hour trains in Tokyo...I went to 3 Sprint stores before giving up and just waiting it out the 3rd store @ Bryant Park took almost 90mins from me going to me coming out.

A lot of people picking up preorders, transferring numbers from old phones, and inquiring about the iPhone which the Sprint rep handed them a pamphlet and turned them away i guess because they were sold out.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep still lines at the Apple store on Michigan Ave. Chicago. My friend and her husband went in tonight and that's when they found out you have to make a reservation now to pick up an iPhone 4s :p

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmm. Have not been to my local Apple Store since friday when I got my 2 phones, but I would assume there most likely is. I think I will be there tomorrow at the mall so I shall report back then.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I was at the Galleria in STL yesterday and it was easily 200 people long for the iPhone line. They would take in 5 at a time.

I was there on Saturday and of course there was still a line. I just went to look at cases, and it was a huge crowd in that area too!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I buy from Apple only. They only charge me tax on upgrade price and not retail like Best Buy and AT&T. I'll wait in line when I save a extra $35 per upgrade.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Didn't see any lines yesterday at apple store in Louisville who had plenty. But other retailers seemed to be sold out.

And not to go off topic but Siri is marketing gold for them. That's all they were doing in the store. I'm watching people talk to the phones. The sales guy is all in to it trying to demo Siri for me though i was sort of rushing him to hurry up with the sale. This is driving a lot of sales.

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I was there on Saturday and of course there was still a line. I just went to look at cases, and it was a huge crowd in that area too!

I figured by Sunday it would be over and done, so I was pretty surprised. They had it wrapped all the way around the railing outside the mall clear back to that new Disney store.

I was glad I didn't need to go in, I had thought about looking to see what cases they had but that was like "hell to the no". I just went to sephora and nordstrom and five guys and bolted.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine with Sprint and took it back yesterday; so I went to the Apple store to pick up an AT&T model and yes, we were in line with our reservation cards. They had A LOT in stock. That was in Charlotte at the SouthPark Mall.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered from AT&T, but went to my local store to bit a screen protector Saturday. I just drove by and kept goin. The parking lot was completely full, and about 20 people waiting to be helped. It's a shame this i4S is such a failure. :D

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Heh. I really didn't expect it to be in such high demand. I'm perfectly happy with my 4 and the 5 will probably be nearing at around the time my contract is up so I'll wait for that.

I'm assuming most of these people are 3GS owners upgrading or first time iPhone purchasers

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was in my local AT&T store yesterday morning as they opened. I needed to get a new SIM for my iPhone 4 to pass it down to my daughter. While I was there, 4 or 5 people were in the store looking for the iPhone 4S, and the rep helping me answered at least 3 calls from people looking for the new phone.

Yeah, Pilsbury, it's a freaking shame that isn't selling well. (Except for the 4 million already sold - in the first 10 days).

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Heh. I really didn't expect it to be in such high demand. I'm perfectly happy with my 4 and the 5 will probably be nearing at around the time my contract is up so I'll wait for that.

I'm assuming most of these people are 3GS owners upgrading or first time iPhone purchasers

I upgraded from a 4 to a 4s.. as did a couple people I know.. at&t gives me an upgrade every year