Is there a way to lower the sound of the alerts but raise the sound of the ringtone? If so I haven't found it but am hoping someone knows of some other way..........
    10-17-2011 11:42 AM
    No. It's one volume level to rule them all.
    10-17-2011 12:02 PM
    I have made some of my own ringtones and alert tones but cant get the vol to go any higher no mater what i do. Vol is up all the way on the phone, changed vol level of the tones I make and they play louder on the computer, but when loaded into the phone still the same level. Did they put a limiter in the phone to keep the sound from going to high?
    11-19-2011 08:39 PM
    I have made some of my own ringtones and alert tones but cant get the vol to go any higher no mater what i do. Vol is up all the way on the phone, changed vol level of the tones I make and they play louder on the computer, but when loaded into the phone still the same level. Did they put a limiter in the phone to keep the sound from going to high?
    I dont think they put a limiter I have some pretty loud ringtones..
    11-19-2011 08:54 PM
    Yeah I think the ringer on this phone is louder then my 4. It makes sense. If I remember correctly they replaced the speaker with a louder one.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-19-2011 09:08 PM
    I know the ringtones are louder than the alert tones, just dont know why when I increase the level outside of itunes, it still isn't any louder when I send it to my phone. Maybe I cant use itune to increase the level before creating a acc file, maybe do it outside of itunes first. I loved the fanfare alert, now it sucks, too short and not loud enough.
    11-19-2011 10:25 PM
    I know the ringtones are louder than the alert tones, just dont know why when I increase the level outside of itunes, it still isn't any louder when I send it to my phone. Maybe I cant use itune to increase the level before creating a acc file, maybe do it outside of itunes first. I loved the fanfare alert, now it sucks, too short and not loud enough.
    changing the loudness of a file in itunes isnt going to transfer to the phone thats not how it works... the actual file has to be louder
    wcsur likes this.
    11-19-2011 11:26 PM
    changing the loudness of a file in itunes isnt going to transfer to the phone thats not how it works... the actual file has to be louder
    Changing it outside of itunes,
    11-19-2011 11:36 PM
    Changing it outside of itunes,
    yes your correct.
    11-20-2011 12:00 AM
    Ok changed it outside of itunes and as a ringtone it is louder, but as a alert tone vol has no control, turn it all the way down and still the same vol. Guess you cant change the vol of the alert tone.
    11-20-2011 02:19 PM
    Just read on the phone that the volume of the ringer and alerts will not be affected by the vol button. So they did lset the volume for the alerts and you can't change it, that sucks Apple!
    11-20-2011 02:44 PM
    You can boost the volume in Audacity.
    11-20-2011 07:12 PM
    Just read on the phone that the volume of the ringer and alerts will not be affected by the vol button. So they did lset the volume for the alerts and you can't change it, that sucks Apple!
    you read wrong.. if you look in settings sounds it says "the volume of the ringer and alert can be adjusted using the volume buttons"
    11-20-2011 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD