I am sorry if this is a basic question but I am coming from a blackberry bold (BTW I am so happy I made the switch).

When i place the iphone in the charger, the phone powers up. I would think this would result in a longer time in order to charge.
    So the questions are whether the iphone can charge with the power off. If so, will it charge faster than if the power is on and finally, how do you charge with the power off? (do you hit the top button again until the power goes off?,etc.)

With the blackberry, if I turned the power off, it charged faster.
    10-17-2011 10:52 AM
    If you plug the phone in with the power totally off the phone will turn on. There is no way around this.
    ECGcrackberry likes this.
    10-17-2011 10:54 AM
    If you plug the phone in with the power totally off the phone will turn on. There is no way around this.
    Thanks. Yes, thats what I noticed. However, what happens if you then power the phone down? Will it charge? If so, faster or no difference?
    10-17-2011 11:00 AM
    Thanks. Yes, thats what I noticed. However, what happens if you then power the phone down? Will it charge? If so, faster or no difference?
    iPhones charge extremely fast so it shouldn't be a concern..
    ECGcrackberry likes this.
    10-17-2011 11:10 AM
    You can plug the phone to the charger and then power the phone off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-17-2011 11:17 AM
    iPhones charge extremely fast so it shouldn't be a concern..
    I actually foud it was taking awhile to charge 100% with the iphone powered up but with bluetooth, wifi, etc. turned off.

I want to keep one charger in my office. Is there any compatibility issue if I charge the iphone with my official apple 10W usb power adapter? If it is compatible, will it charge faster than the charge that came with the phone?
    10-17-2011 11:17 AM
    You can plug the phone to the charger and then power the phone off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I noticed that by playing with it. Will it charge faster that way?
    10-17-2011 11:19 AM
    i have everything on.. when i plug it in, it doesnt take long to charge (depending on how low it is of course)
    but when i plug it in, after a min or 2... screen goes black. Is it different on a charge dock?

(I am also a former BB owner... LOVE IT!)
    10-17-2011 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD