Anyone else just walk in and buy one?

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
My fiance and I just walked into a Radio Shack on Saturday and bought her a white 16gb 4S. Anyone else have this situation or something similar? On a side note, I waited about 2 hours at Apple Store North Point to get mine, but they still had plenty. Seems like this phone is pretty easy to get a hold of.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I walked in and out of the AT&T store at 4PM on Friday. They only had 2 left by the time I got there.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I was in my way to work Friday at 4:30AM and passed by the apple store and the line was a mile long. Went to the Verizon store about 2 miles away around 11:30 and was in and out in 20 minutes with a 32gb. Went to the apple store after to get my daughter a pink bumper for my old 4 and there were still people waiting. Some of them for Verizon but thought it would be better to get it from apple.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I heard hit or miss stories all weekend...it seemed that a lot of the Sams Clubs (wholesale clubs) had stock friday and part of saturday to where people were able to walk in and get one.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Yea my cousin was able to go to BestBuy at like 7pm and was able to get 3 white 16gb with no problem. Like others have said I've heard hit or miss.

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Glad I pre-ordered mine, many of the carrier stores ran out on launch day (I live in a densely populated area) and the lines at the local Apple store were insane. Not even worth it.

Glad Mr. UPS delivered it to me personally.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I was able to walk in on Friday morning at a Verizon store and pick one up and walk out within 15 minutes. There were no lines whatsoever. But I just returned it today and went back to my iPhone 4. It wasn't enough to justify me upgrading and getting locked into a two year contract.

jbracewell

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
:D Walked in to the AT&T store around 7 pm and got a 32 GB White iPhone 4S.. and they said they still had about 10 more in stock. I was impressed.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Friday @ 4:30 in a verizon store. They had lots... got a White 16GB for the wife and a Black 16GB for myself. Got to keep my unlimited data plan too :)

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I went to Walmart around lunch time and there was no one there. The woman said I was the first to buy one. Couldn't believe it because there were two long lines across the street at the AT&T and Verizon stores. They must have forgotten that Walmart sold the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wfs2011

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I went in to buy one for my daughter and found out my contract was up so I got two. As I was leaving I called my wife and she asked "where's mine?" Based on her tone I thought she was pretty serious so I ended up getting three. She was moving over from a Droid Incredible and keeps texting me "I love my new phone"

Last edited:

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i walked in on opening day around 3:30pm and just bought one. they have both color of 16gb, only white 32gb and only few black 64gb left

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was in the AT&T store this morning for another issue and ask them about Friday. The rep said that their in-store pre-order was pretty light, so they weren't really ready for the mob on Friday (10/14). He said that they had 200 iPhone 4S total... and sold 198 on Friday. The remaining 2 went first thing Saturday morning. They are not expecting any more for at least a week.

Cayman996

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
After not really waiting for my wife's pre-ordered iPhone from the local Best Buy... I waited a couple hours and went to the local Verizon store... plenty of people had waited in the morning they said but I was in and out in 20 mins... most of the people there were looking to have contacts migrated over... Called the local Apple Store and the sales guy laughed as if I missed the boat..."Pre-order today and you'll get one in three weeks!" So Verizon won my dollar and then some!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Walked into an apple store (yuck) today to get one for parents. Took around 20mins. None of the AT&T stores, Sams, walmart, seemed to have any in stock. I still hate malls..