Dead pixel on iPhone 4s?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this small black dot on the lower right corner of the phone that is visible on white and other light backgrounds. Is this a dead pixel? It is not visible in black backgrounds.

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Probably... when i got my first iPhone 4 it had 5 dead pixels... they replaced it for me the next day... so head on over to the apple store ^_^

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
More than likely, I think there may be some apps that can fix this. Otherwise, take the phone to your local Apple store and they should swap it no problem. Apple does good at taking care of their own.

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
More than likely, I think there may be some apps that can fix this. Otherwise, take the phone to your local Apple store and they should swap it no problem. Apple does good at taking care of their own.

i don't think software can fix a dead pixel.....

Make sure you try to restore your phone before you go in... they're going to ask you if you did that.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Most likely I will go to apple. I am just trying to see how common the problem is. I just hope the replacement has none.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Make sure you try to restore your phone before you go in... they're going to ask you if you did that.

You're right none of those worked for me. I tried for about 30 minutes and no luck. Black dot still there, it is very small and on the menu bottom bar.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

Nope, a dead pixel is just that - dead. Those apps are useless unless you have a stuck pixel. Two different things.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed by apple that it was a dead pixel, they replaced from a brand new box with no hesitation.It seems to me problem like this are not even no question to apple. You got to love the awesome customer service!!:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73