If It Just Had Flash

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
stop kidding themselves? think of all the people who play facebook games. Thats just one example. I think you need to get over your opinion and start realizing the truth..

and once again ill mention it because you didnt understand the first person who did.. who are you to tell us what we need? if you dont like it dont use it but thats not your decision its ours

I never told you what you needed, i told you what you didn't need...i said Flash was dead, and was not needed for a full internet experience...and almost every game you play on Facebook has an app associated with it in the app store which directly connects to Facebook if you want to go down that avenue.

And realize what truth? I'm not the one stuck on the idea that Flash is still important in some legitimate way.

As far as NewGrounds videos...there are numerous apps that either directly library the videos or reroute you to a watchable version of whatever you're looking for.

It seems you guys are proving my point more than i would have thought...newgrounds videos? Facebook games? Someone tell me again why Flash is a MUST have for all smart phones? LOL!

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I never told you what you needed, i told you what you didn't need...i said Flash was dead, and was not needed for a full internet experience...and almost every game you play on Facebook has an app associated with it in the app store which directly connects to Facebook if you want to go down that avenue.

And realize what truth? I'm not the one stuck on the idea that Flash is still important in some legitimate way.

As far as NewGrounds videos...there are numerous apps that either directly library the videos or reroute you to a watchable version of whatever you're looking for.

It seems you guys are proving my point more than i would have thought...newgrounds videos? Facebook games? Someone tell me again why Flash is a MUST have for all smart phones? LOL!

No one ever said it was a must have... It's a nice to have feature and the only way to view many websites in their full form. Personally, I don't want to download hundreds of apps to reproduce what could be found on the web with one app. If Flash were in the App Store, people like you wouldn't be forced to use it and could still download tons of apps to have a somewhat similar experience. People like me could download it and access the same things and more through the web. Options are good. Somehow Steve has made quite a few people think otherwise.

Although I don't see the apps for viewing Newgrounds, what you really can't do without Flash is view many websites in their full form. Go to Kia.com, hyundai.com, bijan.com or LouisVuitton.com on a computer or Android tablet, then compare that to what it looks like on an iPad and tell me you're really getting the full web experience. There's no comparing the two. As I stated before, mobile sites are great for phones, but who wants a giant mobile site on their tablet? Not I. If someone else does, great!

Flash is not dead. Dying, no doubt.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think Apple should leave it up to the individual user as to whether they want to view Flash content or not. With some or maybe all of the Android devices, have it set up in the browser where you leave Flash disabled on a page or enable it to view the content. This would probably work out for most iPhone users as it puts them in control over whether to have it or not.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
No one ever said it was a must have... It's a nice to have feature and the only way to view many websites in their full form. Personally, I don't want to download hundreds of apps to reproduce what could be found on the web with one app. If Flash were in the App Store, people like you wouldn't be forced to use it and could still download tons of apps to have a somewhat similar experience. People like me could download it and access the same things and more through the web. Options are good. Somehow Steve has made quite a few people think otherwise.

Although I don't see the apps for viewing Newgrounds, what you really can't do without Flash is view many websites in their full form. Go to Kia.com, hyundai.com, bijan.com or LouisVuitton.com on a computer or Android tablet, then compare that to what it looks like on an iPad and tell me you're really getting the full web experience. There's no comparing the two. As I stated before, mobile sites are great for phones, but who wants a giant mobile site on their tablet? Not I. If someone else does, great!

This is just an observation but coming to an all apple forum and b*tching about apple can lead to many assumptions as what you are doing here ... Based in your signature (and I realize it's a laptop but) ... You don't even have an apple iDevice ... So maybe you should read a quote in my signature line from another forum member ... I can't help but think it applies here

Just an observation ... No disrespect intended

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

These websites you're suggesting run TERRIBLE on android devices using Flash...i know, i have an EVO right here and i just tried all of them. It has nothing to do with limiting options to people bud, it has everything to do with having something run properly on a device or reverting to something that runs better (HTML5...mobile sites...etc etc etc).

The truth is, Flash is dead...dying...past tense...prehistoric...on the outs...call it what you want, the fact remains the same, Flash is not a necessity, it never was, and it certainly does not legitimately keep someone from enjoying a full internet experience, because quite simply, there is new technology that works better than Flash to support whatever device you're browsing the web with.

It's garbage technology held over from a time where there were no options...you speak about how Steve made some think its ok to have a lack of options...on the flip side of that coin, those who fully support Flash make some people think options that are outdated are better than moving forward.

Reactions: GibMcFragger

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
This is just an observation but coming to an all apple forum and b*tching about apple can lead to many assumptions as what you are doing here ... Based in your signature (and I realize it's a laptop but) ... You don't even have an apple iDevice ... So maybe you should read a quote in my signature line from another forum member ... I can't help but think it applies here

Just an observation ... No disrespect intended

What makes you think I don't have an iDevice? Because I think we should have the option to use Flash or because my opinion differs from yours?

Click on my username and read my posts if you like. I have an iPod Touch 4. I'm here for info on it, but when I see someone telling another person what they do or don't need, I can't help but post. Every user has different needs. I'm no Apple hater. I've had iMacs, an iBook, PowerBook Pro, Mac Mini, 1st 2nd and 4th gen iPod Classic (yup, when no one had an iPod or Apple products), and a 1st and 4th gen iPod Touch.

There is no reason we shouldn't have the option of Flash. I stand by that. If there was absolutly no reason to have Flash on a mobile device, it wouldn't be on any mobile device. It should be up to us whether it's worth having on our device or not. Not Apple. If you can't tell, I'm not one for limitations. I don't see why anyone would be?

@other quoted poster..
Android devices vary in performace. Because your device doesn't play nicely with those sites doesn't mean it's the same with every other Android device. What ROM, scripts, and other hacks do you have running on your EVO? Rooted? Maybe I can help you increase the performance. My $150 Optimus V renders those sites quite well with a hacked and unsupported version of Flash.

Last edited:

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Very true. The majority of sites probably would opt to support both instead of doing away with Flash completely. I'm hoping after a year or two, most popular sites will have HTML 5 support and there wont be a need for Flash.

Still, with a little knowledge about coding and decompiling an .apk, you can get Flash to work on past and future Android devices. Even though Adobe refused to support ARMv6 processors, the dev community has made it possible. I'm sure if there's still a need or desire for Flash in a few years, someone will be able to get it running on those future devices.

Knowing the xda community Im sure they could get it working on future phones. But the further down the road the more problems you get, especially with every user complaining about something different. I don't think it worth the hassle. Especially with all of the big sites supporting HTML5. Just gotta get those small ones to convert :)

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
@other quoted poster..
Android devices vary in performace. Because your device doesn't play nicely with those sites doesn't mean it's the same with every other Android device. What ROM, scripts, and other hacks do you have running on your EVO? Rooted? Maybe I can help you increase the performance. My $150 Optimus V renders those sites quite well with a hacked and unsupported version of Flash.

So you are basically admitting that flash is so crappy that you have to use scripts and custom roms on anything but the newest Android device to get it to run smoothly?

And you wonder why Steve Jobs refuses to allow it......

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
So you are basically admitting that flash is so crappy that you have to use scripts and custom roms on anything but the newest Android device to get it to run smoothly?

And you wonder why Steve Jobs refuses to allow it......

Nope. But on a $150 (no contract) phone with only a 600mhz ARMv6 processor (which adobe doesn't support), heck yeah you need to do some mods to get it working smoothly. "crappy"? No. Needs either some good hardware or modding to compensate? You bet.

Are Gameloft games crappy because they don't play well on older iPods and iPhones? Because that's basically what you're admitting.

Sent from my Jailed iTouch 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

manofice1

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
people that aren't hitting flash sites just no have idea how much better browsing is with flash than. I have two ipads and a playbook, I rarely surf the web on the ipad anymore because after going to sites on my playbook, it's night and day and I get so furious with my ipad on web browsing. Oh also own a iphone 4s, so i'm not being bias here. The iphone web browser is really good, add flash and it's great. But saying that I know it's never going to happen so that is just reality.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
people that aren't hitting flash sites just no have idea how much better browsing is with flash than. I have two ipads and a playbook, I rarely surf the web on the ipad anymore because after going to sites on my playbook, it's night and day and I get so furious with my ipad on web browsing. Oh also own a iphone 4s, so i'm not being bias here. The iphone web browser is really good, add flash and it's great. But saying that I know it's never going to happen so that is just reality.

A lot of people on this forum have had different devices.
I for one have had two different androids and I can say I dont miss flash at all.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Flash on the wife's droid Incredible works perfectly. Its easy to say flash is old, outdated and not needed for a full web experience, until you've browsed sites with flash on a good device. Now that I'm not on Android any longer, I can say that I absolutely hate that I can't have a FULL web experience. If Steve Jobs had said it was imperative for the full web, you would be glomming over flash like nobody's business. Try to have minds and thoughts of your own. Blind loyalty and stupidity make me sick.

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have owned several high end android phones as well as a Transformer tablet. All were running custom roms and flash ran on them....like crap.

It does nothing but slow down browsing and drink battery. I don't miss it at all.

You call us isheep for hating flash, but even Adobe admits its outdated crap on mobile and is dropping it.

But as you say, to each his own.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Flash on the wife's droid Incredible works perfectly. Its easy to say flash is old, outdated and not needed for a full web experience, until you've browsed sites with flash on a good device. Now that I'm not on Android any longer, I can say that I absolutely hate that I can't have a FULL web experience. If Steve Jobs had said it was imperative for the full web, you would be glomming over flash like nobody's business. Try to have minds and thoughts of your own. Blind loyalty and stupidity make me sick.

Nice generalization! I guess anyone that doesn't feel Flash is imperative to life online on a smart phone must be a blind loyalist of Steve Jobs...

Or maybe...they've experienced a less than desirable performance of Flash on a device that supposedly supports this "amazing technology".

You guys hear the one about Flash being dead?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro