If It Just Had Flash

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
When the Iphone4S jailbreak comes out you can get flash on your iphone. The cydia program is called Frash. I had it on my 3GS and all flash videos, etc worked just fine. Everything that is lacking in stock form on the Iphone is available in Cydia

KashSystems

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I figure I just throw this out there about the future.

Guess what plugin is not in Windows 8.

DING DING DING DING. FLASH.

You choose metro style version of windows 8 on your pc. No flash. You get a windows 8 tablet, no flash, and down the line.

evoKY

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet but Adobe announced last week they were no longer going to develop Flash for phones. It doesn't mean you still can't have the flash player on Android, but it does speak volumes Adobe is abandoning it.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet but Adobe announced last week they were no longer going to develop Flash for phones. It doesn't mean you still can't have the flash player on Android, but it does speak volumes Adobe is abandoning it.

Yep current devices that have it or have it announced will continue getting support. But adobe mobile flash got the axe.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
theres a browser in the application store that supports flash called PHOTON it loads full flash sites no problem

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If it did have flash we would see dozens more threads from those that are having battery issues due to the new software complaining even more. To be honest, I've had it on my Android devices in the past and don't miss it at all on my iPhone.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Flash works fine on my new Galaxy S II. I can even watch Flash player videos, very smooth. All Flash needs is a dual core processor :) It is a pig, but I am no longer missing part of the web.

Some day Apple may change its mind and include it. It was worth it for me to note why I was not getting the iPhone. Maybe some market researcher might see this.

It does not seem to be hurting sales. iPhone sales are going gangbusters. Its a great phone and I wish it well.

VegasTom

Maybe you missed the announcement by Adobe that their are discontinuing Flash for mobile devices

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
No you don't. Even Adobe says so... by stoping development on it.

Who are you to tell this guy what he does or doesn't need? People have different browsing needs. If Adobe thought you shouldn't have Flash or didn't need it, they would remove it from the market and wouldn't be updating it with bug fixes and security improvements. Yes, they have stated they are still going to update it with bug fixes and security improvements!

With this kind of logic, everyone with anything older than an iPhone 4 should toss it in the trash. You don't need it. Apple even said so by stopping production! *rolls eyes* Just because a company chooses to stop development or production of something doesn't always mean there's no longer a use for it. It means it's aging tech and there's something newer and better in production. In this case, it's HTML 5. If every bit of Flash was removed from the web and replaced with HTML 5, there would be no use for a Flash player.. Until then, there's no denying you need Flash for a FULL web experience.

Sent from my Jailed iOS 5 iTouch4 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What are you trying to do on the iPhone that is obstructed by the lack of Flash support? Tell me and i'll give you an alternate way of doing it on the iPhone to the point where you'll be searching for obscurity to try and prove that flash is needed.

Flash is not needed to have a full web experience.

The idea that Flash is a necessity is a hype created to sell phones with Flash support.

This thread is stupid.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Who are you to tell this guy what he does or doesn't need? People have different browsing needs. If Adobe thought you shouldn't have Flash or didn't need it, they would remove it from the market and wouldn't be updating it with bug fixes and security improvements. Yes, they have stated they are still going to update it with bug fixes and security improvements!

With this kind of logic, everyone with anything older than an iPhone 4 should toss it in the trash. You don't need it. Apple even said so by stopping production! *rolls eyes* Just because a company chooses to stop development or production of something doesn't always mean there's no longer a use for it. It means it's aging tech and there's something newer and better in production. In this case, it's HTML 5. If every bit of Flash was removed from the web and replaced with HTML 5, there would be no use for a Flash player.. Until then, there's no denying you need Flash for a FULL web experience.

What difference does that make? The point still stands...flash is dead, because it is not needed to have a full internet experience.

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
What difference does that make? The point still stands...flash is dead, because it is not needed to have a full internet experience.

thats not true there is plenty of sites you cant see without flash.. what are you thinking about.. I use the photon browser from the app store to see flash content on my iphone..

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

They don't just remove flash. Well I guess they could. More than likely they would create their website to support both.
They may still support existing devices and devices that are announced to have it, but other than that good luck finding a new phone to support it after a year or so.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
thats not true there is plenty of sites you cant see without flash.. what are you thinking about.. I use the photon browser from the app store to see flash content on my iphone..

There's also midi ringtones from 1999 that i can't use on my iPhone...lol. Come on people, think about what you look at online with ANY frequency, and tell me how much Flash matters really.

Stop kidding yourselves...

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
What are you trying to do on the iPhone that is obstructed by the lack of Flash support? Tell me and i'll give you an alternate way of doing it on the iPhone to the point where you'll be searching for obscurity to try and prove that flash is needed.

Newgrounds videos. Not my cup of tea, but it's still an undeniably popular site that can't be viewed on iDevices without a Flash supported browser. I've tried Photon, Puffin, and Skyfire and was underwhelmed with the quality, speed, and audio delay when viewing Flash content. Also, who wants to see a giant mobile site on their iPad? On a tablet, I would much prefer to see a full site with Flash compared to mobile. On a phone, the mobile version is prefered. That's just me, though. Like I said before, people have different needs and wants. I want the same browsing experience on a tablet that I have on a desktop.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
There's also midi ringtones from 1999 that i can't use on my iPhone...lol. Come on people, think about what you look at online with ANY frequency, and tell me how much Flash matters really.

Stop kidding yourselves...

stop kidding themselves? think of all the people who play facebook games. Thats just one example. I think you need to get over your opinion and start realizing the truth..

and once again ill mention it because you didnt understand the first person who did.. who are you to tell us what we need? if you dont like it dont use it but thats not your decision its ours

Last edited:

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
They don't just remove flash. Well I guess they could. More than likely they would create their website to support both.
They may still support existing devices and devices that are announced to have it, but other than that good luck finding a new phone to support it after a year or so.

Very true. The majority of sites probably would opt to support both instead of doing away with Flash completely. I'm hoping after a year or two, most popular sites will have HTML 5 support and there wont be a need for Flash.

Still, with a little knowledge about coding and decompiling an .apk, you can get Flash to work on past and future Android devices. Even though Adobe refused to support ARMv6 processors, the dev community has made it possible. I'm sure if there's still a need or desire for Flash in a few years, someone will be able to get it running on those future devices.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73