Some people still use manual push mowers...some people don't take baths...but alas, we have riding lawn mowers and 6 headed massaging showers. Life is good...
    Apples and Oranges..

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 using Tapatalk
    11-14-2011 11:38 PM
    I prefer peaches and pears personally
    11-15-2011 05:29 AM
    I lean towards Strawberries and Bananas myself.
    11-15-2011 07:11 AM
    @other quoted poster..
    Android devices vary in performace. Because your device doesn't play nicely with those sites doesn't mean it's the same with every other Android device. What ROM, scripts, and other hacks do you have running on your EVO? Rooted? Maybe I can help you increase the performance. My $150 Optimus V renders those sites quite well with a hacked and unsupported version of Flash.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 using Tapatalk
    So you are basically admitting that flash is so crappy that you have to use scripts and custom roms on anything but the newest Android device to get it to run smoothly?

And you wonder why Steve Jobs refuses to allow it......

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    11-15-2011 09:06 AM
    So you are basically admitting that flash is so crappy that you have to use scripts and custom roms on anything but the newest Android device to get it to run smoothly?

And you wonder why Steve Jobs refuses to allow it......

Nope. But on a $150 (no contract) phone with only a 600mhz ARMv6 processor (which adobe doesn't support), heck yeah you need to do some mods to get it working smoothly. "crappy"? No. Needs either some good hardware or modding to compensate? You bet.

Are Gameloft games crappy because they don't play well on older iPods and iPhones? Because that's basically what you're admitting.

Sent from my Jailed iTouch 4G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Real Spiral_ouT; 11-15-2011 at 12:03 PM.
    11-15-2011 11:09 AM
    people that aren't hitting flash sites just no have idea how much better browsing is with flash than. I have two ipads and a playbook, I rarely surf the web on the ipad anymore because after going to sites on my playbook, it's night and day and I get so furious with my ipad on web browsing. Oh also own a iphone 4s, so i'm not being bias here. The iphone web browser is really good, add flash and it's great. But saying that I know it's never going to happen so that is just reality.
    11-15-2011 01:04 PM
    people that aren't hitting flash sites just no have idea how much better browsing is with flash than. I have two ipads and a playbook, I rarely surf the web on the ipad anymore because after going to sites on my playbook, it's night and day and I get so furious with my ipad on web browsing. Oh also own a iphone 4s, so i'm not being bias here. The iphone web browser is really good, add flash and it's great. But saying that I know it's never going to happen so that is just reality.
    A lot of people on this forum have had different devices.
    I for one have had two different androids and I can say I dont miss flash at all.
    11-15-2011 08:09 PM
    Flash on the wife's droid Incredible works perfectly. Its easy to say flash is old, outdated and not needed for a full web experience, until you've browsed sites with flash on a good device. Now that I'm not on Android any longer, I can say that I absolutely hate that I can't have a FULL web experience. If Steve Jobs had said it was imperative for the full web, you would be glomming over flash like nobody's business. Try to have minds and thoughts of your own. Blind loyalty and stupidity make me sick.
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 11-16-2011 at 12:04 AM.
    11-15-2011 09:34 PM
    I have owned several high end android phones as well as a Transformer tablet. All were running custom roms and flash ran on them....like crap.

It does nothing but slow down browsing and drink battery. I don't miss it at all.

You call us isheep for hating flash, but even Adobe admits its outdated crap on mobile and is dropping it.

But as you say, to each his own.

Last edited by MasterofPuppets; 11-15-2011 at 09:47 PM.
    11-15-2011 09:43 PM
    Flash on the wife's droid Incredible works perfectly. Its easy to say flash is old, outdated and not needed for a full web experience, until you've browsed sites with flash on a good device. Now that I'm not on Android any longer, I can say that I absolutely hate that I can't have a FULL web experience. If Steve Jobs had said it was imperative for the full web, you would be glomming over flash like nobody's business. Try to have minds and thoughts of your own. Blind loyalty and stupidity make me sick.
    Nice generalization! I guess anyone that doesn't feel Flash is imperative to life online on a smart phone must be a blind loyalist of Steve Jobs...

Or maybe...they've experienced a less than desirable performance of Flash on a device that supposedly supports this "amazing technology".

You guys hear the one about Flash being dead?
    11-16-2011 06:48 AM
    Nice generalization! I guess anyone that doesn't feel Flash is imperative to life online on a smart phone must be a blind loyalist of Steve Jobs...

Or maybe...they've experienced a less than desirable performance of Flash on a device that supposedly supports this "amazing technology".

You guys hear the one about Flash being dead?

Never said it was amazing technology. Only that its a must-have for a true full web experience.
    11-16-2011 08:03 AM
    Never said it was amazing technology. Only that its a must-have for a true full web experience.
    As of march 1st over half of the web (63%) is HTML5 compatible, supported, whatever you choose to say. I'd say for the general population it is NOT needed to get a full web experience.
    Just those pesky newgrounds users. Oh and I guess those gameloft people too haha.
    SockRolid likes this.
    11-16-2011 08:15 AM
    Adobe announced that mobile flash is dead and they are moving on to HTML 5....guess it wasn't really that great in the first place. (the mobile version that is)

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk
    SockRolid likes this.
    11-16-2011 09:13 AM
    Vegas Tom Jumping on the Flash train just in time for it to derail.. Nice!
    SockRolid likes this.
    11-16-2011 12:01 PM
    Phil is a cool guy and all, but man did he do some serious tap dancing on that podcast.

And we barely even got into the whole Kindle Fire deathblow to Android evolution in the iPad clone space. Android developers can and will ignore Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, and all future releases of Android because Amazon's fork of 2.3 will be the most popular. It was inevitable.
    11-16-2011 12:36 PM
    11-16-2011 04:39 PM
    Adobe has stopped developing Flash (mobile version ) in favour of HTML 5.

See this link:

http://tinyurl.com/bvgapy2

So as time goes on HTML 5 will be used in its place, which is good for iOS devices.
    Last edited by Fatboy71; 11-16-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    11-16-2011 05:10 PM
    A lot of people on this forum have had different devices.
    I for one have had two different androids and I can say I dont miss flash at all.
    For the most part I don't miss it either. Most of the time if there is something that I really want to see on a website that requires flash content I will open it up using the Skyfire browser.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    11-16-2011 07:44 PM
    I like that it doesn't have flash. The majority of the time I don't want to see/hear the videos.
    11-16-2011 07:58 PM
    I like that it doesn't have flash. The majority of the time I don't want to see/hear the videos.
    That's one of the great things about options. If it were in the App Store, you wouldn't have to download and use it. Those of us that do visit Flash websites could download and use it. Everyone gets their way.
    11-16-2011 08:05 PM
    I Thought that getting the iPhone 4S meant having to do without Flash. No. The Photon Browser for iPhone and iPad takes care of that. Flash videos and Flash based music players work. $3.99 and you're done. Imagine the shocked expression on some Android user's face when you play a Flash video or song for them with no lag or stutter of any kind?

LOL!!!!
    11-16-2011 09:35 PM
    Why does everything have to be about sticking it to the Android users? Android has Puffin and Skyfire. They're the same as Photon.
    11-16-2011 09:43 PM
    I came back to iOS from Android and flash wasn't all that crash hot anyway. I think it's good that Apple has kinda forced everyone to move to HTML5
    11-17-2011 06:53 PM
    I can just imagine Steve Jobs looking down now saying, I told you's so
    11-18-2011 02:39 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD