theres a browser in the application store that supports flash called PHOTON it loads full flash sites no problem
    11-13-2011 10:48 PM
    I'd buy it in a minute.

I need Flash for a full web experience. Period

As it is I'll be buying Android.

VegasTom
    No you don't. Even Adobe says so... by stoping development on it.
    11-13-2011 10:54 PM
    If it did have flash we would see dozens more threads from those that are having battery issues due to the new software complaining even more. To be honest, I've had it on my Android devices in the past and don't miss it at all on my iPhone.
    11-14-2011 05:27 AM
    Flash works fine on my new Galaxy S II. I can even watch Flash player videos, very smooth. All Flash needs is a dual core processor It is a pig, but I am no longer missing part of the web.

Some day Apple may change its mind and include it. It was worth it for me to note why I was not getting the iPhone. Maybe some market researcher might see this.

It does not seem to be hurting sales. iPhone sales are going gangbusters. Its a great phone and I wish it well.

VegasTom
    Maybe you missed the announcement by Adobe that their are discontinuing Flash for mobile devices
    Phil DeLong likes this.
    11-14-2011 11:14 AM
    Nothing more than a Troll. Move on.
    11-14-2011 11:33 AM
    There seems to be a lot of them lately
    11-14-2011 11:51 AM
    No you don't. Even Adobe says so... by stoping development on it.
    Who are you to tell this guy what he does or doesn't need? People have different browsing needs. If Adobe thought you shouldn't have Flash or didn't need it, they would remove it from the market and wouldn't be updating it with bug fixes and security improvements. Yes, they have stated they are still going to update it with bug fixes and security improvements!

With this kind of logic, everyone with anything older than an iPhone 4 should toss it in the trash. You don't need it. Apple even said so by stopping production! *rolls eyes* Just because a company chooses to stop development or production of something doesn't always mean there's no longer a use for it. It means it's aging tech and there's something newer and better in production. In this case, it's HTML 5. If every bit of Flash was removed from the web and replaced with HTML 5, there would be no use for a Flash player.. Until then, there's no denying you need Flash for a FULL web experience.

Sent from my Jailed iOS 5 iTouch4 using Tapatalk
    11-14-2011 12:18 PM
    What are you trying to do on the iPhone that is obstructed by the lack of Flash support? Tell me and i'll give you an alternate way of doing it on the iPhone to the point where you'll be searching for obscurity to try and prove that flash is needed.

Flash is not needed to have a full web experience.

The idea that Flash is a necessity is a hype created to sell phones with Flash support.

This thread is stupid.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 11-14-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Fausty82 and anon4705295 like this.
    11-14-2011 01:20 PM
    Who are you to tell this guy what he does or doesn't need? People have different browsing needs. If Adobe thought you shouldn't have Flash or didn't need it, they would remove it from the market and wouldn't be updating it with bug fixes and security improvements. Yes, they have stated they are still going to update it with bug fixes and security improvements!

With this kind of logic, everyone with anything older than an iPhone 4 should toss it in the trash. You don't need it. Apple even said so by stopping production! *rolls eyes* Just because a company chooses to stop development or production of something doesn't always mean there's no longer a use for it. It means it's aging tech and there's something newer and better in production. In this case, it's HTML 5. If every bit of Flash was removed from the web and replaced with HTML 5, there would be no use for a Flash player.. Until then, there's no denying you need Flash for a FULL web experience.

What difference does that make? The point still stands...flash is dead, because it is not needed to have a full internet experience.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 11-14-2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    11-14-2011 01:23 PM
    What difference does that make? The point still stands...flash is dead, because it is not needed to have a full internet experience.
    thats not true there is plenty of sites you cant see without flash.. what are you thinking about.. I use the photon browser from the app store to see flash content on my iphone..
    11-14-2011 02:18 PM

They don't just remove flash. Well I guess they could. More than likely they would create their website to support both.
    They may still support existing devices and devices that are announced to have it, but other than that good luck finding a new phone to support it after a year or so.
    11-14-2011 02:30 PM
    thats not true there is plenty of sites you cant see without flash.. what are you thinking about.. I use the photon browser from the app store to see flash content on my iphone..
    There's also midi ringtones from 1999 that i can't use on my iPhone...lol. Come on people, think about what you look at online with ANY frequency, and tell me how much Flash matters really.

Stop kidding yourselves...
    11-14-2011 03:56 PM
    What are you trying to do on the iPhone that is obstructed by the lack of Flash support? Tell me and i'll give you an alternate way of doing it on the iPhone to the point where you'll be searching for obscurity to try and prove that flash is needed.
    Newgrounds videos. Not my cup of tea, but it's still an undeniably popular site that can't be viewed on iDevices without a Flash supported browser. I've tried Photon, Puffin, and Skyfire and was underwhelmed with the quality, speed, and audio delay when viewing Flash content. Also, who wants to see a giant mobile site on their iPad? On a tablet, I would much prefer to see a full site with Flash compared to mobile. On a phone, the mobile version is prefered. That's just me, though. Like I said before, people have different needs and wants. I want the same browsing experience on a tablet that I have on a desktop.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 using Tapatalk
    11-14-2011 04:18 PM
    There's also midi ringtones from 1999 that i can't use on my iPhone...lol. Come on people, think about what you look at online with ANY frequency, and tell me how much Flash matters really.

Stop kidding yourselves...
    stop kidding themselves? think of all the people who play facebook games. Thats just one example. I think you need to get over your opinion and start realizing the truth..

and once again ill mention it because you didnt understand the first person who did.. who are you to tell us what we need? if you dont like it dont use it but thats not your decision its ours
    Last edited by noaim; 11-14-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    11-14-2011 04:18 PM
    They don't just remove flash. Well I guess they could. More than likely they would create their website to support both.
    They may still support existing devices and devices that are announced to have it, but other than that good luck finding a new phone to support it after a year or so.
    Very true. The majority of sites probably would opt to support both instead of doing away with Flash completely. I'm hoping after a year or two, most popular sites will have HTML 5 support and there wont be a need for Flash.

Still, with a little knowledge about coding and decompiling an .apk, you can get Flash to work on past and future Android devices. Even though Adobe refused to support ARMv6 processors, the dev community has made it possible. I'm sure if there's still a need or desire for Flash in a few years, someone will be able to get it running on those future devices.

Last edited by The Real Spiral_ouT; 11-14-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    11-14-2011 04:48 PM
    stop kidding themselves? think of all the people who play facebook games. Thats just one example. I think you need to get over your opinion and start realizing the truth..

and once again ill mention it because you didnt understand the first person who did.. who are you to tell us what we need? if you dont like it dont use it but thats not your decision its ours
    I never told you what you needed, i told you what you didn't need...i said Flash was dead, and was not needed for a full internet experience...and almost every game you play on Facebook has an app associated with it in the app store which directly connects to Facebook if you want to go down that avenue.

And realize what truth? I'm not the one stuck on the idea that Flash is still important in some legitimate way.

As far as NewGrounds videos...there are numerous apps that either directly library the videos or reroute you to a watchable version of whatever you're looking for.

It seems you guys are proving my point more than i would have thought...newgrounds videos? Facebook games? Someone tell me again why Flash is a MUST have for all smart phones? LOL!
    Fausty82 likes this.
    11-14-2011 05:44 PM
    I never told you what you needed, i told you what you didn't need...i said Flash was dead, and was not needed for a full internet experience...and almost every game you play on Facebook has an app associated with it in the app store which directly connects to Facebook if you want to go down that avenue.

And realize what truth? I'm not the one stuck on the idea that Flash is still important in some legitimate way.

As far as NewGrounds videos...there are numerous apps that either directly library the videos or reroute you to a watchable version of whatever you're looking for.

It seems you guys are proving my point more than i would have thought...newgrounds videos? Facebook games? Someone tell me again why Flash is a MUST have for all smart phones? LOL!
    No one ever said it was a must have... It's a nice to have feature and the only way to view many websites in their full form. Personally, I don't want to download hundreds of apps to reproduce what could be found on the web with one app. If Flash were in the App Store, people like you wouldn't be forced to use it and could still download tons of apps to have a somewhat similar experience. People like me could download it and access the same things and more through the web. Options are good. Somehow Steve has made quite a few people think otherwise.

Although I don't see the apps for viewing Newgrounds, what you really can't do without Flash is view many websites in their full form. Go to Kia.com, hyundai.com, bijan.com or LouisVuitton.com on a computer or Android tablet, then compare that to what it looks like on an iPad and tell me you're really getting the full web experience. There's no comparing the two. As I stated before, mobile sites are great for phones, but who wants a giant mobile site on their tablet? Not I. If someone else does, great!

Flash is not dead. Dying, no doubt.

11-14-2011 07:32 PM
    Personally, I think Apple should leave it up to the individual user as to whether they want to view Flash content or not. With some or maybe all of the Android devices, have it set up in the browser where you leave Flash disabled on a page or enable it to view the content. This would probably work out for most iPhone users as it puts them in control over whether to have it or not.
    11-14-2011 07:38 PM
    No one ever said it was a must have... It's a nice to have feature and the only way to view many websites in their full form. Personally, I don't want to download hundreds of apps to reproduce what could be found on the web with one app. If Flash were in the App Store, people like you wouldn't be forced to use it and could still download tons of apps to have a somewhat similar experience. People like me could download it and access the same things and more through the web. Options are good. Somehow Steve has made quite a few people think otherwise.

Although I don't see the apps for viewing Newgrounds, what you really can't do without Flash is view many websites in their full form. Go to Kia.com, hyundai.com, bijan.com or LouisVuitton.com on a computer or Android tablet, then compare that to what it looks like on an iPad and tell me you're really getting the full web experience. There's no comparing the two. As I stated before, mobile sites are great for phones, but who wants a giant mobile site on their tablet? Not I. If someone else does, great!

This is just an observation but coming to an all apple forum and b*tching about apple can lead to many assumptions as what you are doing here ... Based in your signature (and I realize it's a laptop but) ... You don't even have an apple iDevice ... So maybe you should read a quote in my signature line from another forum member ... I can't help but think it applies here

Just an observation ... No disrespect intended
    Last edited by Cleveland; 11-14-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    11-14-2011 07:39 PM

These websites you're suggesting run TERRIBLE on android devices using Flash...i know, i have an EVO right here and i just tried all of them. It has nothing to do with limiting options to people bud, it has everything to do with having something run properly on a device or reverting to something that runs better (HTML5...mobile sites...etc etc etc).

The truth is, Flash is dead...dying...past tense...prehistoric...on the outs...call it what you want, the fact remains the same, Flash is not a necessity, it never was, and it certainly does not legitimately keep someone from enjoying a full internet experience, because quite simply, there is new technology that works better than Flash to support whatever device you're browsing the web with.

It's garbage technology held over from a time where there were no options...you speak about how Steve made some think its ok to have a lack of options...on the flip side of that coin, those who fully support Flash make some people think options that are outdated are better than moving forward.
    Fausty82 and GibMcFragger like this.
    11-14-2011 08:11 PM
    This is just an observation but coming to an all apple forum and b*tching about apple can lead to many assumptions as what you are doing here ... Based in your signature (and I realize it's a laptop but) ... You don't even have an apple iDevice ... So maybe you should read a quote in my signature line from another forum member ... I can't help but think it applies here

Just an observation ... No disrespect intended
    What makes you think I don't have an iDevice? Because I think we should have the option to use Flash or because my opinion differs from yours?

Click on my username and read my posts if you like. I have an iPod Touch 4. I'm here for info on it, but when I see someone telling another person what they do or don't need, I can't help but post. Every user has different needs. I'm no Apple hater. I've had iMacs, an iBook, PowerBook Pro, Mac Mini, 1st 2nd and 4th gen iPod Classic (yup, when no one had an iPod or Apple products), and a 1st and 4th gen iPod Touch.

There is no reason we shouldn't have the option of Flash. I stand by that. If there was absolutly no reason to have Flash on a mobile device, it wouldn't be on any mobile device. It should be up to us whether it's worth having on our device or not. Not Apple. If you can't tell, I'm not one for limitations. I don't see why anyone would be?

@other quoted poster..
    Android devices vary in performace. Because your device doesn't play nicely with those sites doesn't mean it's the same with every other Android device. What ROM, scripts, and other hacks do you have running on your EVO? Rooted? Maybe I can help you increase the performance. My $150 Optimus V renders those sites quite well with a hacked and unsupported version of Flash.

Last edited by The Real Spiral_ouT; 11-14-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    11-14-2011 10:49 PM
    Very true. The majority of sites probably would opt to support both instead of doing away with Flash completely. I'm hoping after a year or two, most popular sites will have HTML 5 support and there wont be a need for Flash.

Still, with a little knowledge about coding and decompiling an .apk, you can get Flash to work on past and future Android devices. Even though Adobe refused to support ARMv6 processors, the dev community has made it possible. I'm sure if there's still a need or desire for Flash in a few years, someone will be able to get it running on those future devices.

Knowing the xda community Im sure they could get it working on future phones. But the further down the road the more problems you get, especially with every user complaining about something different. I don't think it worth the hassle. Especially with all of the big sites supporting HTML5. Just gotta get those small ones to convert
    11-14-2011 11:01 PM
    But its those small sites that make Flash such a dire necessity! lol...Flash is dead.
    11-14-2011 11:08 PM
    But its those small sites that make Flash such a dire necessity! lol...Flash is dead.
    I use those small sites.

11-14-2011 11:20 PM
    I use those small sites.

Some people still use manual push mowers...some people don't take baths...but alas, we have riding lawn mowers and 6 headed massaging showers. Life is good...
    11-14-2011 11:34 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD