Hi I'm new to the Iphone and I am having some issues with wifi staying connected while I am on the phone. I have Sprint and the 4S but while I am at home I usually do things on my phone through the internet. For some reason the wifi keeps going out while on the phone and it says that "A data connection cannot be established since a call is currently active."

Any ideas on how to keep the connection active? I keep going into settings click on my wireless name and it will connect but when I switch between apps it keeps losing the connection and I have to go back to settings to reconnect.

Thanks,

Tony
    10-15-2011 06:36 PM
    CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) can't do data while on a call. Sorry to tell you the bad news.
    10-15-2011 07:51 PM
    I just got my first iphone coming from a BB. With other CDMA phones if you have a wi-fi connection you can still get data while on a call. Is this not true with the iphone CDMA?
    10-15-2011 07:56 PM
    You know, I wasn't thinking straight. There shouldn't be a reason why the WiFi shouldn't work. But I just called a friend that just picked up a 4 (not 4s) and his does the same, no WiFi while on a call.
    10-15-2011 08:13 PM
    Odd, my old DInc had no issues using wifi while on a phone call. It has nothing to do with the CDMA network, since they are different technologies. Must be an iPhone limitation.

EDIT: Missed rstark's second remark. Yeah, odd that when I get a call my Wifi turns off.
    10-15-2011 08:52 PM
    You can have internet access and be on the phone at the same time, but your internet connection has to use wifi. I was able to do it with my Palm Pre, and the iPhone has the ability also.

I spent over a 1 1/2 hours on hold for an Apple tech and was able to take care of the problem. For some reason the the wifi was not connecting correctly but after resetting the phone and the wireless router it was able to connect without anymore issues.

Tony
    10-16-2011 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD