Sprint because they have unlimited data or Verizon and AT&T?

Is sprint's speeds that good or will 2G be enough on the other two?
    10-15-2011 01:05 PM

If you want the best service....Verizon
    10-15-2011 01:07 PM
    In a nutshell....

Price: Sprint

Network Reliability: Verizon

Faster 3G Speeds and ability to talk & surf at the same time: AT&T

Choose what's most important to you. I like Verizon.
    Allesandro likes this.
    10-15-2011 01:08 PM

Its all based on the coverage in your area where you live! Thats the key thing!
    10-15-2011 01:10 PM
    Yeah that too. Both AT&T and Verizon have good coverage where I live. Sprint is a little spotty.
    10-15-2011 01:13 PM
    Find out the best coverage in your area.
    10-15-2011 01:13 PM
    If you have good sprint coverage then yes because unlimited data im loving it on sprint
    10-15-2011 01:16 PM

Dittos to those who've said go with the one that has the most reliable network and coverage in the places you want to use your device the most.
    10-15-2011 01:17 PM
    Im a fan of Verizon and I'm grandfather in...$22.00 a month with employers discount...hell yes!!!!
    10-15-2011 01:38 PM
    Find out the best coverage in your area.
    best answer
    Allesandro likes this.
    10-15-2011 02:09 PM
    best answer
    +1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-15-2011 02:25 PM
    In a nutshell....

Best answer (aside from the find the best coverage in your area). Luckily I am "grandfathered" in to the Verizon unlimited data plan.
    10-15-2011 03:05 PM
    Interesting, interesting. But what about the data part though. Is 2GB enough? And coverage is solid on all three in my area. Well Sprint depends on the phone I guess and Verizon has excellent coverage. Heard nothing bad about AT&T.
    10-16-2011 03:20 AM
    Whichever one has the best coverage in your area. Winner.
    10-16-2011 03:25 AM
    Yeah that too. Both AT&T and Verizon have good coverage where I live. Sprint is a little spotty.
    Verizion and Sprit are CDMA old technology and only used in the USA and and Parts of latin america.
    ATT and Tmobile are GSM used most of the world. Litttle humor ( My friend is a retire executives of Verizon and we talked about this a\several times. He said why Verizon should change when American will pay top dollars for this. And it would cost hundreds of billion to change.
    10-22-2011 03:27 PM
    Don't forget to check for employer discounts. You may get as much as 25% off.

We have Sprint and the family plan is by far the most bang for the buck, especially with the discount.
    10-22-2011 03:53 PM
    Verizion and Sprit are CDMA old technology and only used in the USA and and Parts of latin america.
    ATT and Tmobile are GSM used most of the world. Litttle humor ( My friend is a retire executives of Verizon and we talked about this a\several times. He said why Verizon should change when American will pay top dollars for this. And it would cost hundreds of billion to change.
    But the 4S runs both now right?
    10-22-2011 03:55 PM
    It's definitely this one! If you can't get calls at home what's the point?
    10-22-2011 04:09 PM
    In a nutshell....

Really good answer.

Also like to add to this that if u are on AT&T and in an HSPA+ area you get up to 14 Mbps compared to 3G.

Also AT&T has lots of public hotspots to bump off of wifi.

I went with AT&T for data speed, employer discount, & coverage for my area.

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk
    10-22-2011 05:09 PM
    I like the idea of the AT&T data speeds and I definitely like the unlimited data for Sprint. But I prefer Verizon because the coverage is a lot better than the other two.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-22-2011 05:42 PM
    I'm happy with verizon
    10-22-2011 10:09 PM
    Which of the 3 carriers is the 4S worth getting on?
    Depends on who has the coverage you need where you need it -- as it does regardless of the device being discussed. Worth isn't a one-size-fits-all thing no matter what topic is being discussed. If you want suggestions then you need to explain to us what would make one carrier more worthwhile than another to you.

You mean 3G? 2G (EDGE, 1xRTT, etc) is going to be unbearably slow.

Interesting, interesting. But what about the data part though. Is 2GB enough?
    Yet another subjective question. Only you can answer that. How much data usage do you need? Not everyone has the same data usage.

Read the OP again. The 4S supports international GSM roaming even for Verizon and Sprint customers. This argument is irrelevant to this thread.

..and GSM is older than CDMA.
    Last edited by briareus; 10-23-2011 at 12:56 AM.
    10-23-2011 12:42 AM
    CDMA is also used on at least one carrier in Japan, in china, in Pakistan and Ukraine, and 40 or so other countries. It just can't compete with gsm at 146 countries or so.

But as a technology, gsm uses CDMA (as a technology) too for the 3G part.
    10-23-2011 12:55 AM
    I'm running on VZ here and I find it has the best coverage in my area. Sprint is terrible here, I had an Epic 4G for a while and I was constantly roaming on VZ's network and stuck with 1x data on a 4G capable phone. sucked!

AT&T is good in my area too, but since I'm grandfathered on VZ's unlimited data I opted to stay and live with the 3G data speed. doesn't really bother me so far
    10-23-2011 11:52 AM
    Found this speed test interesting.

10-23-2011 12:56 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD