Battery life issues?

Volcom1561

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So last night, at around 3am, I unplugged my 4S and plugged in my iPad. When I woke up, my iPhone was down to 85%. Is anyone else experiencing this type of battery usage? My old iPhone would only be down to 98% when I did this before.

I can understand that during the day I a,using it a lot, but not when I'm asleep. Thoughts?

-John
The big reason for shorter battery life with the Iphone 4s is Siri. To help with battery life turn off Siri when you do not plan on using it. If you are familar with the Android Market they have an app called Advanved task killer. Some of you may know that there is not one for Iphones. The reason is if apple released an advance task killer it would not be a multitasking phone like they want it to be. But what i am getting at is there is a task killer in the iphone itself. If you go to your home screen then double click your home screen button this will bring up a little bar at the bottom with apps. these are all the apps currently running on your iphone. If so click and hold one of those apps it will bring a little -minus or delete button at the top left corner. Simply hit the minus button and it will close the app. Do this every once in awhile on your iphone and turn you siri off when not in use you will be happy with your battery life.

P.S. i bet everyone of you that try this for the first time, that all your apps on your phone will be running.

tankcole

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The big reason for shorter battery life with the Iphone 4s is Siri. To help with battery life turn off Siri when you do not plan on using it. If you are familar with the Android Market they have an app called Advanved task killer. Some of you may know that there is not one for Iphones. The reason is if apple released an advance task killer it would not be a multitasking phone like they want it to be. But what i am getting at is there is a task killer in the iphone itself. If you go to your home screen then double click your home screen button this will bring up a little bar at the bottom with apps. these are all the apps currently running on your iphone. If so click and hold one of those apps it will bring a little -minus or delete button at the top left corner. Simply hit the minus button and it will close the app. Do this every once in awhile on your iphone and turn you siri off when not in use you will be happy with your battery life.

P.S. i bet everyone of you that try this for the first time, that all your apps on your phone will be running.

Actually, apps running in the background is a comment misconception regarding iOS. The multitasking bar shows recent apps NOT running apps. Apple has set very strict standards for apps running in the background. Almost all apps go into a "suspended" state when you hit the home and do not consume CPU cycles. There are exceptions like that Pandora application or Skype.

Reactions: Smokeless Joe

Kc2win

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have only had my iPhone 4s for a week but I must say the battery life is amazing for me. I unplug at 6:00am and easily make it home from work with 70-80 percent left. I usually have 30 minutes of calls, some light Internet browsing, texts off and on, and checking twitter on breaks. I don't get home till about 4:00 pm. I have noticed that stand by is awesome on this phone. One day I didn't touch the phone till lunch time and it was at 99 after 6 hours. I have Siri on, all location services on, but I don't have any email accounts put on the phone. I use my iPad at home to check email. I truly love this phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've found that iCloud drains the battery significantly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not with my devices. With my iPad 2 (WiFi-only model), my battery life is the same as before I upgraded to iOS 5 and created an iCloud account. With my iPhone 4S, my battery drains somewhat rapidly in parts of my house where a 3G signal is all but nonexistent.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPad 2)

Last edited:

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting so frustrated with my phone lately, I've done a total restore, set up as a new phone and I'm still getting low battery warnings mid day.

I unplug the phone at about 7AM, maybe start listening to a podcast (downloaded not streamed) and if I leave just the podcast going I will be at 10% battery by noon. That's using no data, apps, Siri and wifi are off, brightness is nearly off.

I've tried doing all this in airplane mode and that gives me until 2PM before my battery goes into the red.

Something is seriously wrong here, I never turned off anything on my iPhone 4 my mail was pushing, bluetooth and wifi could be on and i could still go over a day without a charge.

Any suggestions?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting so frustrated with my phone lately, I've done a total restore, set up as a new phone and I'm still getting low battery warnings mid day.

I unplug the phone at about 7AM, maybe start listening to a podcast (downloaded not streamed) and if I leave just the podcast going I will be at 10% battery by noon. That's using no data, apps, Siri and wifi are off, brightness is nearly off.

I've tried doing all this in airplane mode and that gives me until 2PM before my battery goes into the red.

Something is seriously wrong here, I never turned off anything on my iPhone 4 my mail was pushing, bluetooth and wifi could be on and i could still go over a day without a charge.

Any suggestions?

Warranty exchange. :)

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

Any suggestions?

I completely agree with a few others that suggested using your warranty. I have always had very helpful staff at my local Apple Store.

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I really hate so many ppl are having battery issues. Heck it makes me wonder if several bad batches of batteries were received and used for the iPhone 4s. IDK. One of the main reasons I changed from Android (HTC Hero and Evo) to and iPhone 4s was battery life. I pre-ordered my phone and have not had non-normal problems with battery life.

I've pin pointed a few things that drain my battery: hours of playing games or live streaming (listening to the radio, streaming podcasts or YouTube videos). During my work day if I stream anything for a few hours my battery will be at 50% by lunch. On the flip side if I'm just texting, checking fb, Tweetbot, email and Instagram throughout the morning, by lunch my battery is at 70-75% by lunch. With my HTC Evo my phone would be in the "red" by lunch (even when just using 3G). I would have to set a reminder to charge my phone thirty minutes before lunch.

Today I was really proud of my phone. My morning started out with me listening to Pandora, while replying to text message and reading this site (2 hours). My afternoon consisted of surfing fb and more texting (1 1/2). By 4PM my battery was at 30%. I charged my phone while driving to my next destination....10-15 minutes put my battery at 45-50%.

My daughter started playing games more and more on my phone to occupy her time when attending events with me. I've had my iPhone be in the "red" once. President's Day we had back to back appts. She played games on my phone while waiting to be seen for each appt...I had to power my phone off by 4:15 PM. Lesson learned. Last weekend I purchased an iPod Touch 4G for my daughter to exclusively play games. LOL.

aNz

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had battery problems with my iPhone 4s since day one. Some days I am able to use my phone for the whole day without charge, recently been needing to charge it atleast twice a day.

Is the new ios 5.1 update going to fix this battery issue? (whenever it does get released!) anyone using the beta versions? any good results for battery performance?

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had battery problems with my iPhone 4s since day one. Some days I am able to use my phone for the whole day without charge, recently been needing to charge it atleast twice a day.

Is the new ios 5.1 update going to fix this battery issue? (whenever it does get released!) anyone using the beta versions? any good results for battery performance?

Yes apparently the 5.1 update is supposed to help fix battery life.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tgwcsd

CVCONDE

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
5.1 looks promising for battery life. So far after updating, 2 hours standby and 25 minutes use (mainly 4G Internet) and only down 1%!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2