Battery life issues?

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
As a person who posted here before I got my 4s, and now posting as someone who's had the phone all week - the battery complaints have been a complete non-issue!

Seriously, I had a BlackBerry 9700 overloaded with apps and I'm pretty sure the battery life of this new phone is BETTER than my venerable RIM device. Could that battery life degrade over time as the battery ages and I put more and more on the device? Sure.

But if you take the proper care to turn off garbage notifications, shut off radios you aren't using, turn off Ping, etc., I think the battery life is pretty good. And just as important, it charges quickly, especially with the iPad 10W adapter.

If you're on the fence about getting a 4s, don't let the battery stories be a deciding factor. Particularly when the alternatives are something like the Motorola Razr, which has battery problems of its own (yes, due to 4G).

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the iPhone 4s for a week now and I have to say that I haven't had much of an issue with the battery life. I usually unplug my iPhone around 9:00am and use it all day for texting, emailing, surfing the web and app usage and can pretty much go from 9am to 9pm without charging it and if I do its during my 20 minute car ride to work. I have my bluetooth turned off, screen brightness turned down, WiFi is on but I am usually around a WiFi network most of the day and I have my email accounts set to manually be checked. I also have a BlackBerry that I can make last for a day and a half so I am pretty good with keeping my devices battery life in good shape.

TheZodiac#IM

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I lose 20 percent every two hours, is this normal?? 100% @ 8am and now at 10am I'm already at 80%
and I have all the location crap off, wifi and bluetooth off and have not used the phone to talk to anyone even once. Lots of text messages though.:confused:

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
within 30 minutes I have lost 5%

Is this normal???
Depends what you were doing... was the phone awake for a half hour? If so, I'm surprised you didn't lose more. If the phone was off and in standby you might have an app hanging cause that drain is a bit excessive.

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Depends what you were doing... was the phone awake for a half hour? If so, I'm surprised you didn't lose more. If the phone was off and in standby you might have an app hanging cause that drain is a bit excessive.

I had no apps running.

Made one 5 minute phone call.

I have a brand new 4S (2 days old)

I have disabled the time-zone in the location services, I use wifi when I need it only, Im anal about closing apps in the app-tray, i turn off a large majority of push options for my apps and 2/3 of my email accounts, I don't allow apps to follow my location unless absolutely necessary and thats rare.

I don't want to restore it, but from what I'm reading I'm wondering if those restores ACTUALLY help, or if people are being subjected to the placebo effect of sorts.

Whats the numbers on those who have restored their devices?

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it worth me doing a restore?

This is my most recent usage

Thanks for your help!

1uppo.jpg

VydorScope

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have some new usage numbers that are bugging me.

Im getting way longer battery life on wifi than I am on 3G. Isn't that backwards?

Here is wifi:

UYf00.jpg

Here is 3G:

i6bdY.jpg

Also, I'm noticing that if you have a really low signal, the phone battery life just drops drastically. Is finding a signal really THAT taxing on the phone?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I got my 4S back around Thanksgiving and have a few screenshots of my battery/usage between then and now. I'm really happy with it.

Most of the time I just recharge at about 2 days even if it's not close to dead. I'm on wifi both at home and at work. Off wifi when I'm out and about or driving. I have locations turned off (don't need it).

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
last night i swear i lost about 25% battery while I was sleeping which was for about 7.5 hours. Normally I would only lose about 2%-4%. I don't use wi-fi, location services, notifications, etc. or anything else like that. I've been trying to figure out what happened all morning and I've come up with nothing. The only thing I can think of is maybe I was getting a bad signal last night. I did a reset this morning and I guess I'll see what happens again tonight

rlicim

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I am very practical with my battery consumption with brightness slated at about 25% and being efficient with turning off wifi and all the unnecessary tools, I rank about 30 hours on it with casual games, calls and messages.

I think that the main culprit for me is how I set emails to push as I need them updated by the minute. But at least it lasts that long.

Volcom1561

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Help Battery Life iphone 4s

The big reason for shorter battery life with the Iphone 4s is Siri. To help with battery life turn off Siri when you do not plan on using it. If you are familar with the Android Market they have an app called Advanved task killer. Some of you may know that there is not one for Iphones. The reason is if apple released an advance task killer it would not be a multitasking phone like they want it to be. But what i am getting at is there is a task killer in the iphone itself. If you go to your home screen then double click your home screen button this will bring up a little bar at the bottom with apps. these are all the apps currently running on your iphone. If so click and hold one of those apps it will bring a little -minus or delete button at the top left corner. Simply hit the minus button and it will close the app. Do this every once in awhile on your iphone and turn you siri off when not in use you will be happy with your battery life.

P.S. i bet everyone of you that try this for the first time, that all your apps on your phone will be running.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2